PDA

View Full Version : Dude, I just got owned Texas style!

Lord Chainsaw
05-09-2004, 01:35 AM
let's get this straight I no absolutely nothing about this game. Yet I play it. I've never played solo, and usually play with two other friends.

We have no clue how to play so we just go to this riverside place whacking everything in sight until we get to the boss. Ok we beat the boss we just keep whacking at him and whacking at him.

Now we go to this mountain that we couldn't pass before but we can now for some reason. None of us knows what's going on.

We end up in this new area with a mine. We go into the mine and now it's getting pretty tough. One person found a cure stone and they's been using it. We take about 15-20 minutes to get through this mine and at the end is the BIGGEST MOFO GOBLIN I'd ever seen.

Anyways, Mofozilla proceeds to school the three of us. Did I even get a look at how we died? No, one moment we were fine, three seconds later we'd been mo' ribsed molested.

How do you beat that goblin? And is there any hope for my group of people who are just wandering around that we may wander to the very end? I don't think I've bought a single item the entire game. Is it necessary? I mean, we were doing alright until we got to Mofos Alive.

BatChao
05-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Well... upgrading your items is actually kinda important because later on you fight some pretty mean (and when I say mean, I mean mean) bosses. So that coulda been it. I remember this huge goblin guy and he didn't pose too much of a problem to me and my two buddies... we had two of us whacking away and one healing over and over and we beat him pretty easily. Just have designated jobs for each person playing, and you should be fine.

Laguna
05-10-2004, 08:12 PM
you can beat the goblin mage without upgrading but i wouldn't recommend it! Try training up in an area you already cleared (ie the forest where you fight the malboro) or better yet restart and pay attention! it really helps! As for a party- single player use a clavat or selkie- in multiplayer we took a clavat, a selkie and a yuke. Once we trained we kicked butt- you can waste most bosses in two to three rounds! just trust me, have patience and train or you'll end up getting in over your head (my friend and i ended up in an area where we died in one or two hits- eep! a restart later and we're killing machines- woo!) anyway, good luck!

Lord Chainsaw
05-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Whoa, wait a minute!

You say train and we can kill this bad boy in three rounds? How does that work? I'm under the impression that this game doesn't have stats or leveling up.

(I also don't know of this Malboro you speak of)

Laguna
05-11-2004, 10:08 PM
your stats are managed by relics- you get these through out a stage. At the end, the player with the most bonus points gets to pick one to keep- ie an ashura which gives strength +1. Now relics are usually quite poor unless you replay an area 4-5 times. The area will get harder but the rewards will also be bigger. The area we use is the Mushroom Forest and the boss is Marlboro. its not too taxing and if you fully explore you can have mythril weapons and an average of about 50 for all your stats. Now go back and fight goblin boy and laugh as you trounce him in about three hits each. it just takes patience. let me know if you want more advice.

DJZen
05-19-2004, 04:50 AM
Yeah, there's a good way to learn how to beat monsters in this game, it's called reading the manual. :rolleyes2

arylonthedancer
06-27-2004, 12:26 AM
This game is not hard to pick up. I've beaten it on single player with relatively no troubles. The last boss was pretty tough, but other than that it is a fun game, and should never be as hard as you've made it out to be. Just listen to the characters in the game who try to tell you how to play, and read the manual if you still aren't sure. Don't just run out button mashing and get slaughtered. This isn't that type of game.