PDA

View Full Version : gah... i feel like such an idiot.

Lotus
05-09-2004, 04:21 PM
>.<; ok. im such a loser. I've gotten all the way into the game... registered my char.... everything works great. So i get into the game, watch these two brothers have a fight, and then am put into this courtyard with tons of other people.

so, yeah. seems good, right?

o.O;

so my problem is that i can't move. they say that you should use "A,S,W, and D" to move your character in the game, but when i tried it, the letters just show up in the text box.

>.<

im sorry i had to ask... god im such a n00b....

:eep:

Lotus
05-09-2004, 05:10 PM
woah. ok. i got it.

*pauses*

*cheers uninthusiastically*

ok, but now, how do you log out of the game? it says you can pick an option from the main menu, but i dunno how to get there.

>.<

so sorry......

:mad:

Citizen Bleys
05-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Hit the menu button a second time (The minus key? I don't know, I play with a gamepad)

You can also hit left or right on the menu navigation pad, which I think is the arrow keys. (On a Saitek P880, it's the D-pad, but meh)

BatChao
05-09-2004, 09:12 PM
The default keys on FFXI are set to your numpad (8, 4, 6, 2) and the camera is set to the arrow keys. You can change them the WSAD if you want, but I prefer the numpad.

Lotus
05-09-2004, 10:47 PM
b^,^d

*nods thankfully*

that always helps........

thanks.....

:D

Ichy
05-10-2004, 01:16 PM
I play with compressed keyboard, much more convinient if you need to switch hands for whatever reason (eating, getting the phone, ect.). It basically mashes all the controls into a tighter space so that *everything* fits on the keyboard and you can do it from the config option in your menu. Among other layout advantages, this method places movement keys on both the number pad and the traditional WASD. Very handy.

Ouch!
05-11-2004, 02:27 AM
To logout you can always just type /logout... Minus the "..." that is.

Rostum
05-11-2004, 07:06 AM
I know it's hard from all the excitement of getting the game, but the manual is there for something. ^.^