PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Riot

eestlinc
05-09-2004, 05:51 PM
rise up in the streets. smash cars and set sofas on fire. tear gas police.

have you ever been in a riot? taken part? been caught in one? anything you want to riot over?

I was in Cincinnati when the race riots broke out and it was not cool. I didn't actually get caught in any violence but we had 6 pm curfews, super high tension among everyone. But something needed to be done when the police would go around beating shoplifters to death and all.

Sometimes a riot is the only way to be heard. Supervote for the disenfranchised minority.

if there's been a way to build it there'll be a way to destroy it. things are not all that out of control.

Del Murder
05-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Not once in my four year tenure in Los Angeles did a riot break out. Just my luck.

Rainecloud
05-09-2004, 06:04 PM
The closest I've ever been to a riot is watching a news report about a riot. I don't go out to pubs and clubs at night, so I avoid the unruly people who tend to start these things. True, I'm not completely immune from being involved in a riot just because I don't go to pubs, but it drastically lowers my chances of ending up in the middle of one.

They look pretty scary, what with all the flaming bottles and the like. *shudder*

Peegee
05-09-2004, 06:11 PM
I tend to think I won't engage / participate in a riot, but seeing as that has never happened to me, how am I to know? My scruples are pretty shoddy at best, so it's not too impossible for me to 'justify' theft or arson or vandalism or what-not.

Which is a good thing riots don't typically break out in Canada.

prince leon
05-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Nothing has never occured where I live that required or instigated a riot. :p

RSL
05-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Riots don't happen here.

Mr. Graves
05-09-2004, 07:28 PM
A riot does sound fun...

...No. Sadly, I've never participated in one.

Yamaneko
05-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Not once in my four year tenure in Los Angeles did a riot break out. Just my luck.
Lakers riot?

I was around during the '92 LA riots. It was in another part of the city than the part I live in, though.

The Captain
05-09-2004, 08:23 PM
I took part in a peace rally in NYC last year around this time, that turned into a peace riot, which was not a fun sight. Luckily, I was away from the main group that started it, but one of my teachers, who also happened to be there, was arrested and held in jail for 24 hours.

Take care all.

Del Murder
05-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Lakers riot?

I was home for the summer. :mad:

Lindy
05-09-2004, 08:37 PM
No, I tried to go see Atari Teenage Riot once though.

Calliope
05-10-2004, 06:04 AM
I've been thinking of starting one lately.

Miriel
05-10-2004, 06:53 AM
I lived in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles during the 1992 riot, but I was only 6 when the riot broke out so I don't remember much. Only that my parents were extremely anxious during that time and I wasn't allowed to go outside for 3 days.

Peegee
05-10-2004, 07:13 AM
Rioting is a total disruption of peace at best, which is already a criminal activity. Stereotypically it also includes thievery, arson, some sort of breaking-and-entering, err..assault, and all sorts of naughty things. How do you justify doing criminal activity? I don't believe you can or should.

Say no to riot. Stay home and surf the net.

zendust1
05-10-2004, 07:24 AM
I have rioted before, but I agree with Moo Moo, it's best not to riot, but there are times when you NEED to, it's the only alternative...

...Venezuela: The situation here is so tense that everyday could be a riot. The "so called" president of this nation has terrible ties with cuban "president" Fidel Castro and is trying to turn this beautiful nation into a second Cuba. We have done everything we can (and are still doing so) to democraticaly vote out this would-be-dictator, but everything we do is tampered with by the government (because every institution is controlled by someone of the same political party) and there is little hope. We have rioted before, and it didn't work; why? because the military is controlled also and they came at us shooting with heavy weaponry when we could only throw rocks at them.

Our last resource is becoming a MASS RIOT. Hope it doesn't come down to that, please help us in any way, if you can (Venezuela, South America).

Peegee
05-10-2004, 07:35 AM
What do they call those? Revolutions? I don't consider them riots because you successfully overturned the government so it's no longer illegal xD

Or at least I think you're trying to revolt.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-10-2004, 11:36 AM
No...No and no

Im that boring

Dragonflame
05-11-2004, 03:31 AM
Our last resource is becoming a MASS RIOT. Hope it doesn't come down to that, please help us in any way, if you can (Venezuela, South America).

Actually, what you are talking about is a revolution. A riot is just senseless violence and destruction. Riots are bad.

That notwithstanding, I would love to participate in a riot. Maybe I could organize one...

escobert
05-11-2004, 03:34 AM
No No No yes. My dog ate my redman chew and now I have to chew this damn Levi Garrett that sucks :(. And I would say there has never been a riot in Vt. Not enough people to have a roit. I mena come on a riot with 20 people on the only paved road in town tnrowing crap at the town store would kinda suck.

Peegee
05-11-2004, 03:43 AM
I'd seriously pay money to see a small town riot >D

escobert
05-11-2004, 03:44 AM
Thats it I'm comming over and throwing crap at your window!

Iceglow
05-11-2004, 01:27 PM
I got caught up in soccer riots over here in the UK they happen after most games. I'm not a fan of soccer even I hate the sport I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time I got hit with a truncheon and arrested for no reason I was later released without charge...I was only trying to get to bloody safety and I got beaten then they told me that I could not sue the police for unneccessary use of force...government pigs.

I wanna riot against a labour government but then again the conservatives are no better.

Psychotic
05-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Aww, FA666, Conservatives are so cool! Michael Howard is coolness embodied! I mean, a vampire for a party leader? They got my vote!

Anyway, my town had a few small-scale racey riot things. And what's really cool is that one of them happened right outside my school last year. That was just a small fight, but then one side said that they'd come back with more people(I think it was the Asian side, actually. I think they lost the first day, but I'm not sure) then the next day they put like, 5 male teachers on each gate (what's THAT gonna do? xD) and also there were loads of police cars waiting and even a CCTV van! Wow! (It was yellow!)

Then no riot happened :\

LH
05-11-2004, 07:47 PM
I suppose technically I have. Never for some kind of upheaval, but just because me and a bunch of people were drunk so we ran around overturning cars and destroying everything in the way.

DeBlayde
05-11-2004, 08:01 PM
I've never been in a riot. THough, according to the Anchorage Police, I would have been had I been walking around downtown minding my own business on a certain night a couple years ago.

see, these kids got all excited and broke one window and knocked over a trash can. alluva sudden, the cops bust out the full body armor and shields and tear gas everybody and knock a bunch of innocent bystanding young girls upside the head with their night sticks and call it a riot.

riots here are cops getting excited and blowing stuff outta proportion. it's funny. everybody here thinks their hard core. the "gangs", the cops, everybody. doesn't seem to occur to them that there are actual hard core people down in the lower 48 and elsewhere in the world who would eat people like them for breakfast.

Meat Puppet
05-11-2004, 08:36 PM
I do that stuff on my own anyway.

Angyles Cerddoriaeth
05-11-2004, 09:44 PM
go LA and our riots...

ok 1992 riots i was there. not in LA, but pasadena at my high school. they shut us down because of it. it was great.

and the laker riot was not close to me, but fun to watch.

eestlinc
05-12-2004, 04:47 AM
a little revolution now and again is good for the soul

Shlup
05-12-2004, 05:08 AM
On April 26, 1992 there was a riot on the streets. Baby, where was I? Uh... I dunno. Playing Barbies, probably.

HOOTERS
05-12-2004, 05:11 AM
The closest thing to a riot I've been in is when for our year's year 10 formal after party we had it at one of my friends house and the whole year was invited and the backyard wasnt big enough to hold us all and then we got kicked out so then there was about 200 drunk teenagers walking up the main road. We went to the netball courts and had the party there. They had to cancel all the netball games there the next day because of all the broken bottles so overall it was a success.

Chaos
05-12-2004, 10:15 PM
I've never been in a riot, thankfully.
I've been in a mosh pit. Thats a contained riot. =D
I'm suprised there hasn't been one in my town, its a rather violent place.

Chaos