PDA

View Full Version : User CP

Moomba Misstress
05-09-2004, 10:41 PM
I haven't been around lately so excuse me if this has been said. I see the boards been through some HUGE changes. I was wondering how most people liked the new usercp way of editing ones information. Personally, I think its kinda complicated and confusing and I didn't like it at other boards. I miss the old user settings at eoff. I'm not doing this to make it change though, just curious if anyone agrees. That or I could just be SO behind the times that I suck now and I should just adjust to the change. :moomba:

Skogs
05-09-2004, 11:13 PM
It took a bit of confusion finding the links and buttons that have been rearranged, but overall I think the new board is much more intuitive.

Kirobaito
05-09-2004, 11:17 PM
I think it's much better, being able to edit your sig without going to edit profile and changing your avatar without going to edit options.

Loony BoB
05-09-2004, 11:18 PM
The User CP is actually so cool (in my opinion) that I've made it so that my EoFF Forums link goes straight to it. Having subscriptions set (without email) means I can track every thread I post in, regardless of the forum it's in... and that's exactly what I always wanted. So yay for that.

As for the other bits... it does take a bit of getting used to, yes. I like a lot of the changes, there are some that I don't like... I miss having a copy/paste-able buddy list, and the PM system confuses me a little (just for a second or two). Of course, that's only from the user cp, not from the PM system itself. The only other thing that I find to be a bit off is that under Edit Options, some of the custom options such as Quick Reply should be listed under Thread Display Options instead of Miscellaneous Options. But that's just me being picky and pedantic. ;)

But yeah, it's just a matter of getting used to, I guess. But the subscription-without-email option is a Godsend.

Peegee
05-09-2004, 11:53 PM
It's a heck of a lot easier than making a S2 style from scratch, that's for sure.

I find it easy to understand. How isn't it easy btw?

escobert
05-09-2004, 11:54 PM
I kinda liek it but I was used to the old one so I like that too... I don't really care though

Logan
05-10-2004, 12:36 AM
I hadn't really noticed. Is that bad?

The Man
05-10-2004, 02:44 AM
The User CP is actually so cool (in my opinion) that I've made it so that my EoFF Forums link goes straight to it. Having subscriptions set (without email) means I can track every thread I post in, regardless of the forum it's in... and that's exactly what I always wanted. So yay for that.

As for the other bits... it does take a bit of getting used to, yes. I like a lot of the changes, there are some that I don't like... I miss having a copy/paste-able buddy list, and the PM system confuses me a little (just for a second or two). Of course, that's only from the user cp, not from the PM system itself. The only other thing that I find to be a bit off is that under Edit Options, some of the custom options such as Quick Reply should be listed under Thread Display Options instead of Miscellaneous Options. But that's just me being picky and pedantic. ;)

But yeah, it's just a matter of getting used to, I guess. But the subscription-without-email option is a Godsend.
What he said.

crono_logical
05-10-2004, 02:59 AM
The only other thing that I find to be a bit off is that under Edit Options, some of the custom options such as Quick Reply should be listed under Thread Display Options instead of Miscellaneous Options.But it is under Thread display :D?

Rainecloud
05-10-2004, 07:02 AM
I really like it. Everything seems a lot more logical, and the board looks better and more organized as a result. Plus, I love the "Preview Signature" button. Correct me If I'm wrong, but I don't recall having one of those before.

Yamaneko
05-10-2004, 07:53 PM
I've had the same options since the day I registered, except for changing my posts per topic view to 500. I always come back to the same avatar and profile info. I change it maybe once or twice a year for those weird events.

I have no opinion about the user cp.

Moomba Misstress
05-11-2004, 03:05 AM
I guess it just seems like so much more since everything is all devided into links and into sections. ^^; :moomba:

Dragonflame
05-11-2004, 03:18 AM
I guess I like it more, but it's not really all that different. There are a few nice new options. I actually didn't know about the thread subscription without e-mails option. Thanks BoB.

Xander
05-11-2004, 12:00 PM
I wasn't sure at first, but now I like it. The sections for avatar, signature etc are cool, and I like how the profiles are and being able to have things like user image, and user notes. It was alright before anyway but yeah I kinda like this now. It's grown on me.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-11-2004, 06:27 PM
I prefer the old one, a few weeks ago i wanted to change my custom rank and it took me ages(days) to find it :choc:

Levian
05-11-2004, 06:50 PM
I liked the old one better. The new one seems a bit more disorganized, but that may be because I'm used to the old user cp :p I don't know. I rarely enter the user cp, so it's all good anyway. :cool: