PDA

View Full Version : Tips on beating Emeral Weapon

Erdrick Holmes
05-10-2004, 01:01 AM
Anyone wanna share any?

My team is a level 64 Cloud, 63 Cait Sith, and 63 Vincent.

They all have there ultimate weapons and I got KOTR already but he keeps killing me before I can even barely make a dent on his HP. Any ideas?

Kirobaito
05-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Make sure every character has 9999 HP (you could use as many as 7 or 8 HP+10%s). That's the first thing.

CLOUD: Knights of the Round, W-Summon, Mime
YUFFIE: Mime, 4x Slash, Final Attack+Phoenix
CAIT SITH: Mime, Bahamut ZERO, (that one Materia that lets you cast 4 Bahamut ZEROs....I don't remember the name)

Alright, have Cloud start out by casting Knights of the Round. Have Yuffie and Cait Sith mime this attack. If at any point you need to heal, do so, and then have Cloud restart the miming by casting KotR again. If your KotR is only at Level 1, then have Cait Sith use Bahamut ZERO 4 times, and then continue to mime that attack. Phoenix is there just in case you die. This boss isn't that hard. RUBY Weapon on the other hand...heh heh.

DocFrance
05-10-2004, 01:20 AM
Master eight Counter (Support) and eight Mime materia. Equip these on a character who has a limit break that hits many times (Omnislash, Highwind, Anger Max, Doom of the Living). Equip another character with the W-Item materia. Kill off the third character to increase the chances of Emerald hitting the counter character. Get the counter character to full limit break. When in battle, have the W-Item character give the counter character two Hero Potions. Then have the counter character use his or her limit break. When Emerald hits him, he will counter-attack eight times with that limit break. If your levels are high enough, this will be more than enough to kill Emerald.

-N-
05-10-2004, 03:32 AM
However, if you actually want to make beating Emerald worth your while and reap (rape) it for his 50000 AP, you'll need all three alive, probably with triple/double growth stuff and whatnot. So, W-Summon Knights of Round is the best way to go. Use Hero Drinks to up the damage, and equip Magic Plus materia to up the damage as well. (One guy with W-Item can use two Hero Drinks on the other two people, one can W-Summon KoR, and another can Mime. Then Mime back and forth.)

Erdrick Holmes
05-10-2004, 03:48 AM
I mean last time I beat him on dumb luck, I had Cait Siths limit break al ready to go and then he lets it off. All three slots make Cait Siths face and Emerald Dies before he can launch an attack.

DocFrance
05-10-2004, 05:31 AM
Be sure to have one character that has less than nine materia, or Aire Tam Storm will wipe out your party. The equation for Aire Tam Storm's damage is 1111*[# of materia equipped], so if a character has nine or more materia, it means instant, unblockable death.

Erdrick Holmes
05-10-2004, 05:57 AM
Be sure to have one character that has less than nine materia, or Aire Tam Storm will wipe out your party. The equation for Aire Tam Storm's damage is 1111*[# of materia equipped], so if a character has nine or more materia, it means instant, unblockable death.

Won't having Barrier and MBarrier block some of that damage?

Death Sign
05-10-2004, 07:37 AM
Beating Emerald and Air weapon is a peice of cake... compared beating Ruby weapon... Geez dunno how many times I've died by him... don't either know how long ago it was since I beated him either! Geez... maybe 2-3 years ago... or longer don't remember! any way... use great Equipments and Materia and just go for it...!

Some advice... cast big guard as soon as it dissapears again... I meen the big guard the good players cast at eachother during boss fights... oooh if ya don't got it... try to manipulate the ... hmmmm well octipus looking enemies out side the Costa del sol!... or else ya could dive down to the submarine where Rino and Rude where found in! And learn White Wind as well it is pretty easy to find!

Any way... got it so far...? Well I remember using Vincent, Cloud and Nanaki (RedXIII)!
Ooh yeah got if ya got those E-Skills go down and put that cheese monkey out of missary. Ooh and I found Vincents level 4 limit (Chaos) very useful! Anything else ya would like to know!? It is just to easy... Specially when he never uses Airetamp-stomp... or what ever that SCREWED move was named!
Any way... that is the move I've just found irretating about Weapon... And if ya got the underwater materia... it may come in handy but I never used it... since IAm to lazy to morph i the... book from that pirate ship enemy in the Water reactor!

The swear filter is there for a reason, DO NOT try to go around it again, consider this a warning. ~Gau

DocFrance
05-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Won't having Barrier and MBarrier block some of that damage?
No.

Ultima Shadow
05-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Hey, beating Emerald weapon is easy. You don't need KotR to beat him, i never bothered getting a gold chocobo (that means i had to go Wsummon-BahamutZero-Quadramagic on Ruby weapon... god, it took me ages! :rolleyes2 i had to look at that Bahamut summonig a million times). Just Omnislach, 4-cut or wathever and use some megaelexirs if needed and he will go down in no time.

aeris2001x2
05-10-2004, 06:51 PM
mine is a very inperfect one but here it is.

barret and tifa are dead still from ruby but i dont need them. the only things i have is ultima weapon, mystile and sprint shoes.

my materia is KOR 2 stars combined with hp absorb, hp plus max, under water, mime and w-summon.

then its just cast kor twice and mime it. your hp will be restored back to 9999 after each kor. the only flaw in this method is if his revenage stomp does more then 3332(which it rarely does) and he gets a air tam storm after it, you r dead since u it does 6666.

fortnatey this is rare, and his 4 eyes will never get a go, and those were always emeralds real threat. it takes about 11 KORs.

I know there are far better methods but its at lv 81 with little mastering of the best materia on disc 2. and its done with a solo cloud which is pretty sweet.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-11-2004, 01:32 AM
i just did this:

W-Summon: KOTR+HP Absorb, Phoenix+MP Absorb (that's right...no Final Attack!)

then i had everyone Mime this, so if Emerald kills someone, the others can revive him/her.

Linus J
05-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Working on a concept on soloing the weapons for the moment. One thought on Emerald is to only use 2 materias, get the characters hp to 9999 and keep on casting elixirs and rely on the air tame storm and lucky seven.
On ruby weapon I thought alot of counter attacks and hades+added effect could do it (would take time though), but apparently the paralysation on Ruby didn't want to work.
Oh yeah, the plan was to keep from using kotr. Otherwise I'd probably master kotr and linking it to hp absorb and mp absorb, use w-summon then mime over and over again.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-22-2004, 02:18 AM
*adds*

I just beat Emerald Weapon earlier today! and WITHOUT KOTR, PHOENIX, OR FINAL ATTACK! I just had Cloud, Tifa, Cid, each with 6 or 7 Materia (to keep from dying when Emerald uses Air Tam Storm....which it didn't use). I kept Cid at full MP to power up his Venus Gospel, had him use 4x-Cut, and Cloud Mime it. I kept Tifa with W-Item to power up Cloud and Cid with Hero Drinks, and Megaelixirs to keep from dying.

and, some strategy guides say that Gravity wont work on Emerald. They're wrong. Demi, Demi2, and Demi3 will either Miss, or do 9999 damage.

aeris2001x2
05-23-2004, 02:05 AM
foreverzeroultima? how fast is your team? cause the only reason i found him hard is his guns r so fast that coupled with revenage stomp and air tam storm he just over whelms u. do u have good stat maxing via morphing the sunken ship monsters?

ForeverZeroUltima
05-25-2004, 06:34 PM
no, i didn't use any sources. Cloud and Tifa had ribbons and Cid had Tough Ring. i started the fight using Big Guard. Then if he kiillled anyone i just used AngelWhisper or Life2. And i used Hero Drinks to double-or triple Cid's attack power.

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 07:23 PM
christ, then u must be at lv 99 and using a VERY good tactic to be fast enough to win...i commend u.

LiquidSwords
05-25-2004, 07:24 PM
E.W. is easy! You dont even really need a strat. to beat him...I beat him about 4 times, but Ruby Weapon is really hard cuz he takes out 2 of your players

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 07:29 PM
liquidswords, stop talking crap, u most definitly do need a strat to beat him, and i would imagine even with max stats u would need some tactics. ohh and does beating him four times mean anything? if u think u dont need tactics then u prob used lucky 7s.

ruby too needs strat but u only need one character too beat him. in fact i beat both emerald and ruby with solo cloud, and emerald is much harder then ruby imho. next your being saying "ffx Nemesis iseasy, u dont even need a strat to beat him, but omega weapon..."

Ultima Shadow
05-25-2004, 07:49 PM
That depends... if you don't have KotR then Ruby is harder, and takes alot more time. And Emerald weapon is not that hard at all.

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 08:04 PM
true there still not THAT hard, but they r hard. too be honest i have never beaten them without kor (expect lucky 7) and there is no real reason not to, its hardly a cheap way either. having kor at the time (i was lv 80) did not turn them from hard to easy. it turned them from impossible to very difficult. i wish i could fight them now with my 9x3 master materia but there alrwady dead :(

so for this idolt liquidswords to imply u could beat him by just bashing him with your weapons and nothing else is an incrediable insult. :mad2:

Ultima Shadow
05-25-2004, 08:25 PM
I never said KotR was cheap. But i never got gold chocobo= no KotR.
And yes, you can't just go bash him down if you'r not using some kind of superkillingeverythinginseveralhits strat.

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 08:27 PM
i REALLY wish emeraldand ruby would re- spawn! and ozma! i beat them so early on that i cant test there true powers :D

Ultima Shadow
05-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Yea, why is Nemesis the only super boss you can figth more than just one time?

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 08:36 PM
whoops, dont forget the 30+ other super bosses in there with him. such a gold mine of variety. u can fight warmech again from ff1 and every super boss from X-2 except trema anda few others.

so WHY cant emerald and ruby appear as random encounters in the northern cave or sumthin. :D

maybe in afew years they should release a "battle of the gods" spin off super boss fan fodder game with all the current super bosses and a few new ones, like a tournment or sumthin. hope u dont get drawn against penenance in the first round. :D

Ultima Shadow
05-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Yes the other at the arena can be fougth again... but all bosses who are not at arenas or random encounters can't be fougth more than once.

Rinoabella
05-26-2004, 11:06 AM
You definitely need White Wind and Big Guard. For the record, Lucky 7's VS Emerald Weapon does nothing whatsoever :(

aeris2001x2
05-26-2004, 01:04 PM
for the record lucky 7,s when used properly can wipe out emerald before he gets a move!!!! :eek: r u sure u know how 2 use it? there super cheap 2.

and those moves u mentioned could be useful in some tactics but there r zillions of ways 2 beat the weapons. whatever is best 4 u.

Ultima Shadow
05-26-2004, 06:07 PM
One of the times i battled Emerald weapon i got lucky7's by pure luck after about 2 min figthing. I didn't know the luky 7's that time so i tougth it was a bugg or something when Cloud suddenly just keeped nonstop attacking Emerald weapon for 7777 damage until it died.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-26-2004, 08:58 PM
christ, then u must be at lv 99 and using a VERY good tactic to be fast enough to win...i commend u.

actually my characters were only lvl 65. The ultimate weapons really came in handy. (tifa at full LIMIT bar with Premium Heart can do aabout 9000 per hit, cid can do 9999 with full mp, and cloud the same with full hp).

Ultima Shadow
05-26-2004, 09:39 PM
4cut-Ultimate weapon rules. I was at about level 60-70 when i defeated emerald as well. Just cast haste on party to make them fast enough.

aeris2001x2
05-27-2004, 11:36 AM
i just beat emerald weapon the other day with my solo cloud kor method. i,ve come to the conclusion that with my ff experience now 4 years on i could prob beat him another way. but i have such bad memories of those 4 fast guns wiping me out like 20 times that i enter a "im gonna lose and have no confidence, i,m a newbie help" mentality when i think of encountering him.

to be honest emerald weapon is prob the only boss i actually fear, even though i can crush penenance and other harder bosses. then again he was the first super boss i ever encountered at the tender age of 15 on my first ff.

p.s- i fought ruby too the other day and lost!!! because the damn mystile for the first time ever didnt make his ultima counter miss on the one time hades failed!!! ohh the shame!!! :cry:

Ultima Shadow
05-27-2004, 12:16 PM
You FEAR Emerald? Hey the eyes isn't THAT fast and powerfull.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-27-2004, 08:53 PM
well, the blue orbs do about 2000-3000 damage, and the yellow orbs destroy about 500 MP. So if you're running low on HP, or if you really need those precious MP to cast spells, then yes, those orbs are annoying.

Rinoabella
05-28-2004, 11:21 AM
for the record lucky 7,s when used properly can wipe out emerald before he gets a move!!!! :eek: r u sure u know how 2 use it? there super cheap 2.

I remember using Tifa's Lucky 7's (not using cheats), cos I figured out how to equip her and get her HP to 7777. Yeah, I tried numerous times, and Lucky 7's never actually bet the Emerald Weapon, despite the hit points adding up to over his HP. It only weakened him. Then Tifa would stop Lucky 7's after about 45 rounds and the Emerald Weapon would still be alive O_o.

aeris2001x2
05-28-2004, 03:53 PM
well, the blue orbs do about 2000-3000 damage, and the yellow orbs destroy about 500 MP. So if you're running low on HP, or if you really need those precious MP to cast spells, then yes, those orbs are annoying.

and couple with revenage stomp, emerald beam and air tam storm thats quite a few moves.

like i said its an irrational fear cause he was the first ever boss to just flatten me again and again...man even penenance never did that.

and yeah there not THAT fast, but they were fast for there time. and it was the only reason he was remotely hard.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-28-2004, 07:43 PM
uh yup...i guess...that's why i cast Big Guard first. and i dont carry much materia so then the Air Tams Storm will do less damage.

Starcrest
06-02-2004, 02:50 AM
E.W. is hard, i musta tried like atleast a dozen times, with Cloud lv 67, Tiffa lv. 61, and Vincent at lv.65, and he still wooped my ass. I didn't use (bcause i no have) KOTR, or final attack+phoenix (dont' have final attack either), and i wailed on him and wailed on him for like an hour, and he still didn't dye, y wont' he die? I healed my ppl, but he's cheap, doin 2 moves in a row, not givin' me time to heal, it's pretty...gay.

aeris2001x2
06-02-2004, 03:45 AM
he is just a fast and hard, not cheap or gay. and he has over a million hp so thats why he wont die...

ForeverZeroUltima
06-03-2004, 07:19 PM
he has EXACTLY 1,000,000 hp.

Shiva's Effect, try setting your battle mode to "Wait", instead of "Recommended" or "Active". This way you'll have time to choose spells or items without E.W. beating on you. And it's good to have your ultimate weapons. I suggest bringing Yuffie with the Conformer, cuz she'll do 9999 every hit. Give her 4x-Cut and keep miming it, stopping only to heal.

Starcrest
06-03-2004, 07:43 PM
good idea to move it to wait from active...very good idea. I don't have Yuffie's conformer, i think...I'll go check

Ultima Shadow
06-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Just make sure you do 9999 damage with your characters, then use 4-cut (i only had 4-cut on one of my characters so you don't need to get 3 of them.) Then you will do (almost) 40.000 damage. All you need is to be fast enough (haste) and heal when your characters hp is running low (megaelexir.)

aeris2001x2
06-05-2004, 12:44 AM
man mighty guard is Such a cool move in ff7. instant wall and haste.

yeah make sure u dont touch his eyes if your going to use that method. his revenage stomp and air tam storm counters r killers.

still, i think my method still reigns... :D

ForeverZeroUltima
06-05-2004, 12:58 PM
his revenge stamp only counters like...70% of the time. as for air tams storm...less percentage :D i beat him before he even used it! :bgl:

as for the 4x-cut method, have Yuffie use it and Cloud and the third person mime it. if Cloud or the third person doesn't do anything close to 9999damage, use Hero Drinks (there are only 2 in the game, so duplicate them via W-Item). Hero Drinks are pretty useful...they boosted Tifa's damage from 4000 to 7800 with only 3 drinks!

TheKolkster
06-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Why do you need W-Summon? All you need is have cloud use a mastered KOTR and Quadra Magic. Then have your other two characters have a mastered Mime. (Make sure KOTR can do max damage each attack)

Now, have Cloud cast KOTR. He'll cast it 4 time. Have your other party members use mime. Each of them will cast it 4 times. Now you've casted KOTR 12 times in 3 turns! This should only take 500 MP

I think thats how it works. I've never tried it yet.

aeris2001x2
06-08-2004, 08:55 PM
i dont believe KOR works with Quadra magic...

and i say again. my method rules, low lv(ok 81 is highish but not too high, i mean i was lv 65 at end of disc 1 :) ), solo cloud and didnt take years of materia mastering. :D

lankster
06-08-2004, 10:21 PM
equip someone who has 9999 hp with two materia and dont give the other two too many either. do knights of the round and mime it a couple of times at first. at this point i find it usually puts its little lights on. just endure this and keep the two materia persons health full with full cure or whatever. usually after this theres a tam-air storm which will take anyone with 9999 hp and two materia down to 7777 hp, hence lucky 7s. This is largely good thing and takes quite a bit of hp off but will stop eventually. another two or three KotRs should finish the lad off though.

Ultima Shadow
06-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Why do you need W-Summon? All you need is have cloud use a mastered KOTR and Quadra Magic. Then have your other two characters have a mastered Mime. (Make sure KOTR can do max damage each attack)

Now, have Cloud cast KOTR. He'll cast it 4 time. Have your other party members use mime. Each of them will cast it 4 times. Now you've casted KOTR 12 times in 3 turns! This should only take 500 MP

I think thats how it works. I've never tried it yet.
KotR does not work with Quadra Magic!!!!!

ForeverZeroUltima, you can get more Hero drinks at the chocobo race in Gold Saucer.

Starcrest
06-09-2004, 02:38 AM
u dont need KOTR, KOTR is for ppl who wanna take alot of the challenge out of the fights. Yeah it makes it ezr but were's the fun in the frustration and leveling up to beat him huh?

aeris2001x2
06-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Kor is not a cheap method, its the only way to beat him without extensive lving up(or lucky 7, now thats cheap). the funny thing is my ffVII team is like demi gods now but because i killed them ages ago i cant challenge him without Kor. oh well...(i dont need to prove i,m good at ff super bossess, i did Penenance in ffX...ha ha ha, gave my low self esteem a little boost there) :p

Starcrest
06-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Now I never said KOTR is cheap, just that it takes the frustration and fun out of it...

aeris2001x2
06-12-2004, 06:58 AM
yep it definitly takes the frustration away but not the fun because KOR is my fav summon sequence ever, i can never get bored of it.

Starcrest
06-13-2004, 05:04 AM
wouldn't no but i'll take ur word on it

DJZen
06-14-2004, 04:46 AM
use Hero Drinks (there are only 2 in the game

Not true. You can win them in chocobo racing. I've got something like 15 of them and I don't even have W-item.

Raistlin
06-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Using KotR and mime against Emmy is cheap and wimpy. It's like using Lucky 7777s. Takes no actual thought.

Starcrest
06-14-2004, 05:46 PM
lucky 7's is cheap to

aeris2001x2
06-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Using KotR and mime against Emmy is cheap and wimpy. It's like using Lucky 7777s. Takes no actual thought.

not true. at lv 81 my solo cloud tactics involved...

sprint shoes...essential or hes too fast at that point(no there is no time 4 big guard he would get 2 emerald shoots in.)

underwater, hp+ max, w-summon,mime and KOR combined with hp absorb materia.

my Kor only had 2 summons avaliable so any break in the miming would screw everything up. i,m pretty sure with some good materia mastering u could beat him with KOR mindslessly but by that time with good stat maxing u could beatr him easy without KOR.

so there is much thought before the battle. to make out just usin KOR and mime is instant victory is absurd ignorance where as lucky 7 more or less is.

Raistlin
06-15-2004, 04:09 PM
aeris: that's kinda cheap. Using KotR and mime takes no actual thought. NONE. Just cast, w-summon, and mime. Wow, that was really an interesting battle!

Try beating him with regular materia, so it'll at least be a bit of a challenge. Especially without Final Attack, so you actually have to equip less than 9 materia.

EDIT: "regular materia" being any materia besides KotR, HP<->MP, and Mime.

Starcrest
06-15-2004, 04:13 PM
that's what i'm trying to do...to no avail though. 'They just keep comin' sarge...' he just keeps wooping my ass though...grrr

aeris2001x2
06-16-2004, 10:43 AM
aeris: that's kinda cheap. Using KotR and mime takes no actual thought. NONE. Just cast, w-summon, and mime. Wow, that was really an interesting battle!

Try beating him with regular materia, so it'll at least be a bit of a challenge. Especially without Final Attack, so you actually have to equip less than 9 materia.

EDIT: "regular materia" being any materia besides KotR, HP<->MP, and Mime.

of course it takes thought. there is preparation before the battle which is half the battle anyway. you need hp absorb, essential stuff. i need haste, essential. i need underwater essential. i need hp+ to allow me to survive revenage syomp and air tam storm commonly after each other...essential. believe me these tactics didnt take 5 seconds to work out...not to mention its solo cloud which makes it in some ways an even more fantastic method then using the whole team.

its not like using zanmato, holy wars, w-item, its a genuine ultimate summon that i spent a long time chocobo breeding to attain. KOR allows u to reap your rewards for your efforts.

i dont need to prove i,m good at ff bossess, i have defeated Penance who was way harder then any other super boss. so please dont make out i,m thick because i,m down about myself enough without other ppl criticising me. dont do it :mad2: .

ForeverZeroUltima
06-21-2004, 12:30 AM
i wasn't (sorry, couldnt resist saying that)

Starcrest
06-21-2004, 02:49 AM
Aeris, why do you replace ' with , ?

Trumpet Thief
07-19-2004, 01:56 AM
Also, if you want, you could try to get Lucky 7 by having just two Materia equipped, and have 9999 Hp.

And I thought Ruby Weapon was really easy to beat. Just make sure that the guy that ends up fighting Ruby is Cloud. Have Cloud's Hp at 9999, and make him have KOTR, Mime, and Hp Absorb with KOTR. Each time CLoud wil attack with KOTR, he will gain Hp. Keep Miming tha attack, and he will be dead. (Be sure to cast it on the tentacles first though)

aeris2001x2
07-19-2004, 05:23 PM
actually that wont work since Ruby counters KOR with ultima and then gets another turn which kills u.

u need 2 combine it with Hades which casts stop on him most of the time(and also stopping the tentacles). the odd time stop dont work Mystile armour will 99% make ultima miss so you have a like 1 in a 1000 chance of losing with this tactic.

and i,ve got lucky 7 before and its cheap so i dont think it should be used

UltimaLimit
07-25-2004, 05:38 AM
Aeris2001x2, Ruby casts Ultima and Shadow Flare all the time anyhow. If you're reading Square's guide, take a lighter to it, it's useless.

I beat Emerald WEAPON with a Limit Chain (miming your own Limit Break). It's been awhile since I beat him but I'll try to remember what I had...

Equip Cloud (and others if you can) with Life2 + Final Attack. Make sure Cloud has Deathblow + Mega-All, Mime + Counter, Phoenix, Cure3/Regen >, and Life2 >. Ultima and Comet2 are nice too, as are any Counterattack materia. Everybody needs HP+50% materia (one each should do). (Attack-wise, give the other characters whatever, but make sure somebody else has Enemy Skill Big Guard and Underwater equipped and somebody else has Cure3/Regen >. [B]CLOUD NEEDS L4 LIMIT OMNISLASH POWERED AND READY TO GO!)[B] Have plenty of Turbo Ethers, Phoenix Downs, Elixers, etc in your pack.

When you fight Emerald, have somebody immediately cast Big Guard, followed by Regen all. AFTER they have cast their spells, have Cloud use Omnislash. (Remember that Limit Breaks take priority even if you entered other commands in first.) Next turn, have him use mime, and he'll use Omnislash again. Regen and Big Guard will give you temporary protection and more importantly haste. Mime + Counter ensures he'll counter with Omnislash. When people start getting hurt don't heal, just use Mime until Cloud dies. When Final Attack-Life2 brings him back use Life2 > or Phoenix and play it defensive for awhile until you get Cloud's Limit Break again. If the eyes come out use Deathblow-Mega All and Turbo Ethers to keep your MP up. Otherwise keep yourself healed best you can and use Ultima, Shadow Flare, Comet2, etc. Try to keep track of how much damage you do--if I remember right, each Omnislash does about 150,000 damage--less if the eyes are out.

It's tough, but you don't need no **cheap** Knights Of The Round. Omnislash looks cooler (good thing, you'll see it a lot with this strategy) and takes less time.

For Ruby WEAPON, KotR is the way to go, much as I hate to admit it.

aeris2001x2
07-27-2004, 10:55 AM
"Aeris2001x2, Ruby casts Ultima and Shadow Flare all the time anyhow. If you're reading Square's guide, take a lighter to it, it's useless."

true butnot if u cast HADES like i said, which casts stop 99% of the time. and if he is not stopped he will counter Kor with Ultima, which is why if u only cast KOR u cant win unless your stats r insane.

and no i,ve never read an ffVII guide.

Raistlin
07-27-2004, 02:52 PM
It's tough, but you don't need no **cheap** Knights Of The Round. Omnislash looks cooler (good thing, you'll see it a lot with this strategy) and takes less time.

Huh? You're saying KotR's cheap and you're miming Omnislash? At least summons are meant to be mimed. Using KotR + mime is cheap, but miming limit breaks is closer to cheating.

UltimaLimit
07-29-2004, 12:51 AM
True... but you can only Mime your own limit, wheras anybody can mime (and equip) KotR. Also with KotR you can afford to break the chain by healing if you have Master Summon or more than one star, but with Omnislash you're SOL for a while if you break the chain.

Plus, much as I hate to admit it, KotR is stronger than Omnislash against multiple targets since it always hits all enemies. (But Omnislash remains champion against a single opponent.)

Edit: If it makes you feel any better (don't know why it would tho), I DID use KotR + Mime to kill Ruby, because Omnislash only does about 15000 a shot against him and there's no other f**kin way to do enough damage fast enough.

Raistlin
07-29-2004, 03:08 AM
Pfft. You're not a real FF7 player until you beat both weapons without KotR or Mime.

Starcrest
07-29-2004, 03:23 AM
have u done it?

UltimaLimit
07-29-2004, 08:21 AM
All right, Raistlin, I'll do it. I just started a new file a few days ago. I'll let you know in a few weeks.

And I'm also curious as to whether you've actually done it yourself without KotR or Mime. (I assume you also used Omnislash, since you didn't say not to use that.)

Ultima Shadow
07-29-2004, 04:59 PM
Pfft. You're not a real FF7 player until you beat both weapons without KotR or Mime.

have u done it?
I have. :p

(I assume you also used Omnislash, since you didn't say not to use that.)
Omnislach is almost useless against Ruby... still I once finished Ruby off with just that attack. Well, it can be usefull against the claws... but Ruby doesn't take much dammage from it. Also Omnislach can't be used over and over again like KotR can be.

UltimaLimit
07-30-2004, 12:25 AM
Did you use W-Summon Bahumut ZERO? Because if I remember right Ruby absorbs all elements.

Ultima Shadow
07-30-2004, 12:42 AM
Did you use W-Summon Bahumut ZERO? Because if I remember right Ruby absorbs all elements.
Yea... w-summon Bahamut ZERO who's linked together with Quadra magic.
However... I haven't checed but... doesn't Comet(2) + Ultima do some pretty good dammage to Ruby? Anyway... you can also trow gil and do 9999 dammage.

I didn NOT use the w-summon quadra Bahamut Zero thing on Emerald Weapon.

Raistlin
07-30-2004, 01:36 AM
have u done it?
I've beaten both without materia. Martin and I tried it together at FFWA years ago. He gave up on Ruby, but I didn't, even though it was by far the toughest and most frustrating thing I have ever done in my life(literally) and I don't reccomend anyone else ever trying it unless they don't mind losing their sanity. Martin now admins FFWA(www.ffwa.org/forums); you could go ask him if you don't believe me.

Emmy without materia isn't too tough, though. You do need Omnislash, of course. Just takes strategy(I did die a few times before I did it, though, if I remember correctly). It's helpful if you're used to being under-powered(Martin and I also had races to see who could beat FF7 in the shortest amount of time, so we were both used to being under-leveled).

EDIT: Hmm...however, now that I think about it, I don't remember if I beat Ruby without materia and without using the W-Item glitch. I know I did with Emmy, but I'm not completely sure with Ruby. I don't think I used it, but this was years ago, and I remember thinking to myself about being frustrated enough to use it. I'm still pretty sure I wouldn't have cheated(if I was willing to be cheap, why fight Ruby 30+ times without materia at all in the first place?), but I was 14 at the time. xD

Ultima Shadow
07-30-2004, 02:20 AM
Cool... I must try that! But just one thing... Rubys defense is incredibly high... beating Ruby with normal attacks and limmitbreaks would take 657 hours... as long as there isn't a magic-based nonelemental and very powerfull limmitbreak. I have forgoten if there is any.

Raistlin
07-30-2004, 02:45 AM
Cool... I must try that! But just one thing... Rubys defense is incredibly high... beating Ruby with normal attacks and limmitbreaks would take 657 hours...
You don't have to tell me. It sucked. Doing just 1/5 of Ruby's total HP took a looong time.

chu52
07-30-2004, 03:06 AM
My freind Dominic did this: Knights of the round+mimic+mimic
took two turns and 13 hours. but he won.

Trumpet Thief
07-30-2004, 03:08 AM
Cool... I must try that! But just one thing... Rubys defense is incredibly high... beating Ruby with normal attacks and limmitbreaks would take 657 hours... as long as there isn't a magic-based nonelemental and very powerfull limmitbreak. I have forgoten if there is any.

Well, I can't back out on a challenge. As long as it can be considered an "Ultima" one. I'll try it after I complete your FFVI one, which is more time consuming than... uhhh... anything.

Ultima Shadow
07-30-2004, 10:19 AM
You don't have to tell me. It sucked. Doing just 1/5 of Ruby's total HP took a looong time.
Well, as long as it's possible... then I will do it. Don't tell why, I'm like that... if I have proof someone have done it, then I must do it aswelll (as long as it has something to do with a hard FF battle) :p .

Well, I can't back out on a challenge. As long as it can be considered an "Ultima" one. I'll try it after I complete your FFVI one, which is more time consuming than... uhhh... anything.
Hehehe, yea... I knew you were a nice FF madman like me. :p
Well, I can't do it rigth now since I'm playing some other stuff rigth now as well. But I'll tell when I start to try it out.
I'm also trying to beat Zeromus without equipment rigth now (+ I,m a little underleveled).

aeris2001x2
07-30-2004, 04:57 PM

just what exactly is this phrase supposed to mean? how am i not a true ffVII player for using KOR, the hardest materia 2 get in the game 4 a reason, and still requiring good tactics.

cause unlike Heros, holywars, the end from ffVIII, just casting KOR does not lead 2 victory.

i have beaten both without KOR though only Emerald without mime. for ruby i just substitute KOR 4 Bahamat Zero. but i have better things 2 do then fight Ruby for 5 hours.

the only way i could beat ruby without mime is with higher stats and better materia. but my ruby save is only lv 81 without the best materia. i say again,i have a master save but i cant try different methods with this super stat master materia team cause i have already killed the weapons!

for emerald i have used lucky 7. however that itself is far cheaper then KOR.

anyway, can we just drop such statements that have no meaning at all! its not like the weapons are that hard anymore. if i can beat Penance in ffX without Yojimbo then i cant be that bad, so please drop such such arrogant statements i beseech you. my self esteem is low enough as it is...

bottom line...there is nothing cheap about KOR.

Raistlin
07-30-2004, 07:47 PM
My freind Dominic did this: Knights of the round+mimic+mimic
took two turns and 13 hours. but he won.
13 hours? With KotR and Mime? Wow.

just what exactly is this phrase supposed to mean? how am i not a true ffVII player for using KOR, the hardest materia 2 get in the game 4 a reason, and still requiring good tactics.
You take things way too literally.

i have beaten both without KOR though only Emerald without mime. for ruby i just substitute KOR 4 Bahamat Zero. but i have better things 2 do then fight Ruby for 5 hours.

Like level up KotR, eh?

anyway, can we just drop such statements that have no meaning at all! its not like the weapons are that hard anymore.
See, this is what pisses me off. People who say the Weapons are easy, then go out and beat them with mastered KotR and two mimes. FF7, like any other game, is only as hard as you make it. If you level up materia for hours, then yes, it's going to be easy.

Starcrest
07-30-2004, 08:29 PM
657 hours how'd you know?

aeris2001x2
07-30-2004, 09:15 PM
See, this is what pisses me off. People who say the Weapons are easy, then go out and beat them with mastered KotR and two mimes. FF7, like any other game, is only as hard as you make it. If you level up materia for hours, then yes, it's going to be easy.

but i DIDNT use mastered materia. when i took on ruby and emerald i hadnt used KOR before. i have leveled them up now, but when i beat the weapons my team was not even lv 99. so i couldnt kill them in two moves!

and it required skill, other wise i would have fallen victim to Rubys Ultima counter+finishing moves and Emeralds revenage stomp/Air tam storm combos.

bottomline- i beat both weapons with solo Cloud with crap stats without cheap ass lucky 7. that was not easy.

McCheeze
07-30-2004, 09:22 PM
You best bet if you realy cant be bothered to hunt around is to just keep trying. The only thing you honestly need to be scared about is the Aire Tam Storm. on occasions it misses one charcter. get Him/it to revive party and keep mashing the hell out of Weapon until he uses Aire Tam Storm again. Pray that he misses.

not alot of help but people took all the best ideas already

UltimaLimit
07-30-2004, 11:27 PM
bottomline- i beat both weapons with solo Cloud with crap stats without cheap ass lucky 7. that was not easy.

I've beaten both without materia.

*applauds*

Doesn't lucky sevens stop after a while? Red XIII got that once when I was fighting Emerald and I thought I had him beat for sure. Then he stopped and Emerald finished me. (Obviously this was before my Omnislash strategy.)

And I am not planning to do this, but is it possible to mime Lucky 7s?

Raistlin
07-30-2004, 11:37 PM
but i DIDNT use mastered materia. when i took on ruby and emerald i hadnt used KOR before. i have leveled them up now, but when i beat the weapons my team was not even lv 99. so i couldnt kill them in two moves!
I used to know plenty of people that beat Emmy without materia. Killing him with KotR is really nothing to brag about.

and it required skill, other wise i would have fallen victim to Rubys Ultima counter+finishing moves and Emeralds revenage stomp/Air tam storm combos.
Turning the game on requires skill. Not much, but a little bit.

Also, it takes NO skill to dodge the Air Tam Storm. All you have to do is NOT HAVE A LOT OF MATERIA EQUIPPED. Easy. Air Tam Storm was a piece of cake when I did it without materia at all.

Ultima Shadow
07-30-2004, 11:49 PM
I used to know plenty of people that beat Emmy without materia. Killing him with KotR is really nothing to brag about.
Plenty of people? How many are you people who have beaten Ruby without materia?

Turning the game on requires skill. Not much, but a little bit.
You'r killing the guy. Take it easy man.

...Hmmm... I got it! You used Yuffie! Rigth? She can do 9999 dammage to ruby with her best weapon.

aeris2001x2
07-30-2004, 11:54 PM
yes but beating him without materia requires GOOD STATS or CHEAP ASS LUCKY 7. did u read what i said...i dont recall BRAGGING about anything. maybe u think everyone is as arrogant as you but news flash, i,m completly the oppisite.

it requires skill to beat emerald, not avoid air tam storm. u can easily avoid it and still get anilhated...

Ultima Shadow
07-31-2004, 01:25 AM
Rubys HP is 1 million... if you use Yuffie... then you only have to hit Ruby 101 times! Then it won't take 657 hours!!! It should be very possible... and not as hard as it actually MAY sound... X-potions are easy to get and just as powerfull as fullcure... Hero drinks boosts your stats and there's an item called speed drink that works excactly like haste. It may be hard... but not as hard as I first thougth.

Yea, EVERY boss require skill and super bosses like Emerald and Ruby require good skill. Even with KotR + Mime.

Raistlin
07-31-2004, 02:53 AM
Plenty of people? How many are you people who have beaten Ruby without materia?
Well, not plenty. But a group of us did it at FFWA years ago. Maybe three, four people total. There were a bunch of others who said they were going to try it, but I don't remember if they did it or not.

...Hmmm... I got it! You used Yuffie! Rigth? She can do 9999 dammage to ruby with her best weapon.
No, I used my standard party(Cloud, Tifa, Cid). I wanted to have limits that hit a lot...
I don't think I ever thought to use Yuffie...

Oh, and I hate you. LOATHE

Wait...*thinks* Did I use Yuffie in the end? *ponders* I know I started with Cloud, Tifa, and Cid...

yes but beating him without materia requires GOOD STATS or CHEAP ASS LUCKY 7.
It takes a helluva lot less work to get to level 99 than it does to get KotR. And I don't use Lucky 7s(you call Lucky 7s cheap, yet not KotR + Mime?)

maybe u think everyone is as arrogant as you but news flash, i,m completly the oppisite.
Ooh, buuuurnnned. :D

X-potions are easy to get and just as powerfull as fullcure... Hero drinks boosts your stats and there's an item called speed drink that works excactly like haste. It may be hard... but not as hard as I first thougth.
Organizing your inventory, having a ton of items, having all of the megalixirs in the game and using them strategically are the biggest necessities if you want to tackle Ruby without materia.

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 03:08 AM
"It takes a helluva lot less work to get to level 99 than it does to get KotR. And I don't use Lucky 7s(you call Lucky 7s cheap, yet not KotR + Mime?)"

i was refering to morphing sources. even at lv 99 the stats wont be good enough 2 beat the weapons without materia(i think :confused: )

and KOR+MIME is proper ultimate power, while lucky 7 i consider a cheap glitch(though i dont think the w-item thing is cheap cause i only use it for magic pot training)

out of interest,would u consider having so much counter materia that the weapons die in a few rounds cheap?

Raistlin
07-31-2004, 05:01 AM
"It takes a helluva lot less work to get to level 99 than it does to get KotR. And I don't use Lucky 7s(you call Lucky 7s cheap, yet not KotR + Mime?)"

i was refering to morphing sources. even at lv 99 the stats wont be good enough 2 beat the weapons without materia(i think :confused: )

and KOR+MIME is proper ultimate power, while lucky 7 i consider a cheap glitch(though i dont think the w-item thing is cheap cause i only use it for magic pot training)

out of interest,would u consider having so much counter materia that the weapons die in a few rounds cheap?
1. I don't morph for sources. Ew.
2. Lucky 7's is no more a glitch than Mime. W-Item, however, IS a glitch, and therefor IS cheating.
3. Cheap? Yeah, somewhat. Cheating? No.

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 05:04 AM
so your stats were no where near max when u won without materia? sounds impossible

Raistlin
07-31-2004, 05:32 AM
so your stats were no where near max when u won without materia? sounds impossible
So does everything before it is accomplished.

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 05:34 AM
how please partake 2 me at sum point here the requirements for your feat :)

Ultima Shadow
07-31-2004, 11:15 AM
I don't think it's impossible without maxed stats... hero drinks can be very usefull, with sadness on the character, you'll take less dammage and Yuffie will do 9999 no matter what. Ofcourse the battle against Ruby will still take ages. You can't take it down in 101 rounds since you must take care of claws and heal yourself and all that stuff... I guess it will take at least something like 300 rounds.

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 03:32 PM
but surely u would have 2 use the w-item trick for enough hero drinks?

well thing is i,ll never know till i replay ffVII cause i,ve already killed them.

Ultima Shadow
07-31-2004, 04:09 PM
but surely u would have 2 use the w-item trick for enough hero drinks? You can get them from the chocobo race to... if you have the patience. Same for megaelexirs... just be patient and kill enough master tonberries. :D

well thing is i,ll never know till i replay ffVII cause i,ve already killed them.
That's why I always keep a save file before I kill the super bosses in a FF... however... the only save file I have where I haven't beaten Emerald is on my No materia, first equipment, solo character play... and I haven't got any good stuff at all on that save file.

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 04:46 PM
i do have safes before them actually thinking about it, but they r like already ready with my solo cloud KOR method. ok maybe i should try without...

actually i,ve decided i wont. i believe there is nothing wrong with using KOR .

hmm i wonder if Raistlin would consider ffVIII Zell's Armageddon Fist a cheap way to beat ultima and omega weapon

Ultima Shadow
07-31-2004, 05:07 PM
i do have safes before them actually thinking about it, but they r like already ready with my solo cloud KOR method. ok maybe i should try without...

actually i,ve decided i wont. i believe there is nothing wrong with using KOR .

hmm i wonder if Raistlin would consider ffVIII Zell's Armageddon Fist a cheap way to beat ultima and omega weapon
KotR is not cheap. However... I think KotR-HP absorb + W-summon + whole party mime is cheap.

I don't know if Armagedon fist could be considered cheap or not but I prefere to not use it.

Raistlin
07-31-2004, 05:14 PM
I don't consider anything about FF8, except that it sucks.

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 07:46 PM
yes ultima, then i,m not cheap since i only have solo cloud and one mime materia at the time :)

how did i guess u,Raistlin, would be an ffVIII hater