PDA

View Full Version : How Do You See Yourself?

The Captain
05-10-2004, 07:29 AM
How do you see yourself as a person? Are you happy with who you are?

How do you think OTHERS see you?

Feel free to comment on what other people have wrote, or how you feel about other members here, but keep it kind, this is strictly to see if our conceptions of ourselves are really what they seem.

Take care all.

Peegee
05-10-2004, 07:32 AM
To keep it terse, I think others see me more highly than I am, while I see myself as less than I really am.

Rainecloud
05-10-2004, 07:47 AM
I'm happy with who I am. I'm shy, quiet and introverted. I have a small group of friends, and we all care about each other very much. The problem is, a lot of people tend to confuse my shyness with other less attractive aspects of personality, such as haughtiness and pride. I've heard that some people see me as aloof or judgmental, which isn't the way I'd like to be seen.

However, my real friends know me to be a quiet, friendly and giving person who enjoys the company of others. If people want to jump to conclusions about me and label me as an overly proud and lofty figure, then that's their mistake. I'm happy with the way I am, and I don't intend to change.

Jebus
05-10-2004, 08:08 AM
I'm kinda in the middle. On the on-hand, I tend to be rather arrogant, and act rather happy. But I also beat myself up over nothing, and I seem to be constantly torturing myself mentally.

Depends on the time of day really. That and any music I listen to heavily influence me.

Strider
05-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Two words: wasted potential.

All my life, I've had trouble living up to the expectations held by others and by myself. Lack of effort, lack of motivation. Even now, I'm still struggling to shake that stigma.

On the other hand, though, I feel like I'm a good person. I don't do stupid incriminating things, I'm easy to get along with, outgoing when I feel like being it, humorous, smart (enough), creative, confident (but not overconfident), optimistic and a lot of other positive things. I have a great family, great friends and a wonderful girlfriend, who all tend to bring out the best in me.

I have a lot going for me, and I feel good about it, but it's a matter of getting other parts of me to catch up before I'll really feel like I can be best.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-10-2004, 11:32 AM
2 words...

..im ok

Loony BoB
05-10-2004, 12:38 PM
That's way too vague a question for me to answer in a way that I feel is satisfactory.

Erdrick Holmes
05-10-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm probably one of the only people on this earth who see's myself good reguardless that I'm overweight. But people see me as a total lamer who is a waste of space. Sometmes I don't care what people think of me as long as they don't say it directly in my face.

Dixie
05-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Me: I'm still in fith grade. I have very few friends, I have a wonderful teacher, and I have good grades. I'm happy excepet when THEY come...

Others: Trash. What they do to me is when I appear, they pick me up, take me to the dump, and toss me out(no, not really, they just don't treat me like a human; more like trash). What's even worse is that I've talked to the teachers many times about this and they do nothing about it.

eternalshiva
05-10-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm alright. I'm satisfied with myself. I like to think that I blend in the background enough that no one will notice me but won't forget about me *nods*

Polaris
05-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Yes, if I don't love myslef, who will?

The Captain
05-10-2004, 02:47 PM
I honestly think all you folks are wonderful people, and truly believe that each and every one of you are destined for great things. Just put your mind to it, find something that you enjoy doing, that benefits yourself as well as others, and run with it. Together, we can change the world.

Take care all.

Crimson II
05-10-2004, 03:31 PM
I love myself, honestly. I had to work hard to get where I am from a bad place. But Im often soft spoken, but my fiancee loves me and I have a great family, so thats all that one really needs. If you guys like me thats even better, it means we're all on the same page

Mikztsu
05-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I'm very-super-satisfied in the way I am. I think it's very hard for me to start describing myself, so I'll just leave it to that. My friends - I hope - sees me friendly, a guy who's nice and fun to be with. My real friends knows they can trust me. To people who aren't that close to me-- they seem to find me great drinking/partying company, seeing as they mostly contact me only just to drink or something like that.

I have two sides: sometimes I need to be around people, go out, socialize, party...the times I'm very funny and non-boring. Half of my time then, I'm very boring person who likes to be alone. Doesn't pick up phonecalls, doesn't reply to sms-messages. I guess it's something my mind needs in balancing. I definately don't wanna be around people all the time, and many people that I know are asking and wondering about me when I just need to be alone.

Nobody here in Finland sees me as very weird, by the way, because they know it's just my sense of humour that is weird nonsense.

Sephex
05-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Myself: Although I improve myself constantly, I see myself as a person who will always need improvement. I need to control my emotions better, and I also need to generaly learn how to relax when it comes to some issues.

Other people: They see me as a freindly person who sometimes lets simple things get to me. The like me just fine, they just wish I would work out my frustration and anger problems.

Iceglow
05-10-2004, 07:36 PM
how others see me:

Strong open minded kind of guy lots of morals and honour. Can be a control freak but if you need something done then best to ask him. Trust worthy and full of advice if you need help talk to him wether your just venting or searching for advice. Average to above average physical looks with a strong sense of modesty. And most of all he is a survivor and pulls through no matter what.

As I see myself:

Pathetic hopless romantic, who could cry during the film pearl harbour, depressive taste in music, a total control freak trying always to lose control in some respects and keep control in others ~ looking for equilibrium. Way below average looks in a physical sense, struggling to deal with the problems in my own life let alone anyone elses. Only here cause he bloody failed in suicide, who is a survivor not by choice but by default. I also have a strong sense of honour and duty and therefore will keep my word to the best of my abilities

The Captain
05-11-2004, 01:48 AM
It's so very interesting to see the often sharp contrast between how we view ourselves and our perceptions of how others see us.

Perhaps, we're more critical of ourselves because we may not like these perceptions? Or perhaps, we are critical because we don't live up to them? Either way, it always seems that we have a less rosy-tinted view of ourselves than of how others might see us.

Take care all.

Del Murder
05-11-2004, 03:00 AM
I'm content with the whole package. I think others are too. I'm a good kid.

Yamaneko
05-11-2004, 03:19 AM
I rule. Everyone else sucks.

escobert
05-11-2004, 03:42 AM
I agree with BoB this is too vague and hard for me to come up with an answer for.

DeBlayde
05-11-2004, 04:13 AM
I see myself usually with the aid of a mirror. :D

I see all my flaws. and I admit that they appear bigger to me than they seem to appear to others. I see all the things I'd most like to change about myself but seem incapable of doing so. but (really good point) when I look at myself at the very least I am no longer nauseated like during Highschool. those cognitions took some work to undo, lemme tell ya. didn't need therapy either. goes to show what a natural counselor and psychologist I really am. ;) heh heh.

anyways, I like me. There are imperfections, sure. but a blade of any pure metal is never as strong as an alloy. and everybody knows how I like swords. :love:

Kirobaito
05-11-2004, 04:15 AM
I'm happy with who I am. I'm shy, quiet and introverted. I have a small group of friends, and we all care about each other very much. The problem is, a lot of people tend to confuse my shyness with other less attractive aspects of personality, such as haughtiness and pride. I've heard that some people see me as aloof or judgmental, which isn't the way I'd like to be seen.

However, my real friends know me to be a quiet, friendly and giving person who enjoys the company of others. If people want to jump to conclusions about me and label me as an overly proud and lofty figure, then that's their mistake. I'm happy with the way I am, and I don't intend to change.

I'd say I'm most like this. He said it good enough for me, and I don't wanna write it again.

LH
05-11-2004, 04:52 AM
I tend to be very critical of myself, so I probably have a much lower perception of myself than others do of me. I'd be interested to know what others truly think about me because I know that my self-image is really messed up.

Casey
05-11-2004, 05:15 AM
How do you see yourself as a person? Are you happy with who you are?

I dont know. I just try to be happy with who I am.

How do you think OTHERS see you?

I dont care about that.

fire_of_avalon
05-11-2004, 06:12 AM
At the moment, I see myself in a very liminal stage of my life, and I'm not sure which way to go. In the past eight months I've screwed up alot, and I'm having to work very hard to keep things together right now. For the first time ever, I'm seriously shaken in my self confidence, which may not be such a bad thing. Overall, I'm happy with who I am, I'm just beginning to learn that I won't always be happy with the choices that I make.

Others see me as very powerful and afraid of weakness, which is true. Alot of people are recently seeing my failed attempts at keeping what bothers me at bay, but luckily enough they care for me and are helping me through. I don't necessarily like this, but I suppose I need it right now. Most people also see me as just a little crazy, I think. That may be true as well.