PDA

View Full Version : Eidelons, to use or not to use that is the question!

Az Lionheart
05-10-2004, 08:15 PM
i dunno about you lot but i found it alot easier with out using summons to beat the last boss(huge blue dude). did you use them?

aeris2001x2
05-10-2004, 08:19 PM
eidolons arnt very useful. i,d say only atomos gravija like move, odins instant kill, bahamats 9999 damage are the only real good 1's. i just use them if garnet has a free go.

ark just looks super cool so i use him to sumtimes. i think it was very silly not to allow ark to do at least 50000 like eden.

still, they arnt as useless as ff6s espers. then again, they were a huge part of ff6's story and gave u stats and magic... ok ff9 eidolons suck.

Az Lionheart
05-10-2004, 08:22 PM
eidolons arnt very useful. i,d say only atomos gravija like move, odins instant kill, bahamats 9999 damage are the only real good 1's. i just use them if garnet has a free go.

ark just looks super cool so i use him to sumtimes. i think it was very silly not to allow ark to do at least 50000 like eden.

still, they arnt as useless as ff6s espers. then again, they were a huge part of ff6's story and gave u stats and magic... ok ff9 eidolons suck.
ha ha ha it would be better if they could have a boost like FF8 ;)

FallenSilence
05-13-2004, 09:27 AM
I didn't use Eidolons becaue my character were strong enough to win without the added help. I agree that they would be a hell of a lot cooler with a Boost ability.

ShivaBlizzard8
05-13-2004, 03:53 PM
Well, they DID have the boost ability in a way, since their attacks were stronger when the full animation occured, and equiping a pumice to Garnet or Eiko taought them "Boost," which caused their eidolions to ALWAYS have the full animation, thus stronger attacks. However, I agree that FF8's boosting system caused much more noticable improvement in attack power and was much more pro-active.

That said, although Eidolons were useful, Stiener's 9999 Shock attack was by far the best. I mostly used Pheonix just to revive everyone.

Del Murder
05-14-2004, 02:44 AM
I hardly ever used them. Better attacks are available. Though with Auto-Regen equipped the time they take gives you a good HP boost.

Mo-Nercy
05-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Even though I don't use them, I am still compelled to master all of them.

Carnage
05-16-2004, 02:41 PM
there not really important. like in 10 the whole point was to get out your summons overdrive. i think summons sholdnt be to much more powerfull than the real characters.

zacks_clone
05-16-2004, 03:15 PM
there not really important. like in 10 the whole point was to get out your summons overdrive. i think summons sholdnt be to much more powerfull than the real characters.

But then the summons arnt that special and are pretty much worthless...

I used them sometimes,but only when i was leveling up and was to lasy to have zidane attack

Lamia
05-16-2004, 03:43 PM
I found Carbuncle + Emerald = casts haste on whole party as useful.

And I found Phoenix useful as well.

Anyway all you have to do is collect a lot of gems (different gems for different summons) to raise their power in hitting. And a lot of these
gems you can get at teh Black Mage Village synth shop.

Anyway... yeah, ... the attack someones I honestly didnt use often.
But like I said, I do use Eiko's helpful summons.

Inuyasha23
05-16-2004, 05:00 PM

i really dont like to insult people... but your begging for it.

of corse they aren't useful they can just take out the most damage possible in one attack. what was i thinking. i should have been attacking with garnet insted of thinking intelligently.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-17-2004, 08:36 AM
i used ark during the final battle but he only does 3000 damage but it's a good attack for garnet to use, i'll make her use spells immediatly after his grand cross :choc:

blacktrance
05-17-2004, 04:15 PM
I'll put it this way.
Dagger's summons are useful when you first get them, but by the end of the game, they are worthless if you did the Chocobo Hot and Cold sidequest, killed a lot of dragons, ate a lot of frogs, and/or stole a lot.
Eiko's summonns are far more useful. Carbuncle's Ruby Light casts Reflect on the entire party, and if it has the full animation, Protect. Reflect on the whole party is useful if you have Vivi, and, to increase the effect, have Reflectx2 equipped on him. Phoenix is a useful reviving spell if several party members are KO'd, plus damage is useful. It has a chance to appear when all party members are KO'd, reviving them. Very useful. Fenrir isn't that good, but switch around his Wind attack and his Earth attack to match the weaknesses of your enemies, and he becomes somewhat useful. Madeen is an excellent summon when you first get it, and is a good summon even at the end of the game. Plus, the Ribbon you need to learn Madeen has many other useful abilities to learn from it, and it gives a good stat boost.

aeris2001x2
05-17-2004, 06:16 PM
i really dont like to insult people... but your begging for it.

of corse they aren't useful they can just take out the most damage possible in one attack. what was i thinking. i should have been attacking with garnet insted of thinking intelligently.

I,M afraid your wrong. eikos and vivis w-magic does 2x9999 and every character can do 9999 easily without lengthy summon time. the only group of enemies that cant be easily defeated is the yans, so use atomos. if u want to hit lots of enemies with one move then use vivi's magic=reflect. easy 9999 to all.

Starcrest
05-29-2004, 02:53 PM
the problem i had with them is that by the time it's animation was over, my characters are strong enough to do just as much plus a little more in the same amount of time it took for the edilon to do that much damage in a longer time

Rainecloud
05-29-2004, 03:08 PM
I found them to be pretty, but virtually useless.

Shame.

Starcrest
05-30-2004, 03:28 AM
yeah. like if there were like VIII then i'd prolly use them more, but, since they do little damage, and waste mp for an attack by main character for equal damage, it's just...dare i say it...sad

Trumpet Thief
07-03-2004, 07:05 PM
The only time I actually used an Eidolion was in Terra, using Madeen, but in the end, I don't think they are that useful.

Especially Ark, that summon takes too much time to use.

Polyonymous
07-21-2004, 12:50 AM
personaly i didnt use the eidolons at all through almost the entire game. Didnt feel the need to use them after i'v seen there animation once.

Kuja
07-21-2004, 12:35 PM
the only summon i used was ark, to beat the yans. the other eidolons aren't very usefull, the do to little damage..