PDA

View Full Version : knigths of the round...who needs them?

Az Lionheart
05-10-2004, 08:36 PM
the first two times i played this game i beat the end boss with out this summon, granted it is good but it takes away the chalenge!
views on this?

Ultima Shadow
05-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Ofcourse you don't need them!!!!! And they are absolutly not needed to defeat the final boss. They are meant to be used on the weapons but even the weapons is easy to defeat without KotR.

Laguna
05-10-2004, 08:40 PM
I know people who have tried to kick it in without materia! Depends how high you want to set the bar. first time i didnt even know of KOTR. It does make things easier without doubt, but if you really want a dramatic face off, go without.

Az Lionheart
05-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Ofcourse you don't need them!!!!! And they are absolutly not needed to defeat the final boss. They are meant to be used on the weapons but even the weapons is easy to defeat without KotR.
what the ruby+emerald weapon? i cant remeber if i beat the emerald weapon...what do you get?

Flashback007
05-10-2004, 08:41 PM
You don't need them to beat the bosses, but if you use KOTR and then Omnislash, you will beat Sephiroth with ease.

Ultima Shadow
05-10-2004, 08:58 PM
I have finished the whole game without materia, with only one character and only the first weapons and armours. The final boss toke me 3 hours to defeat that way.
And Az Lionheart, you get the earth harp for beating Emerald weapon, alowing you to get all the Master materias.

Lord Xehanort
05-10-2004, 09:06 PM
I always get KotR. I could probably beat Sephy w/o them... I've never tried.

Az Lionheart
05-10-2004, 09:07 PM
I have finished the whole game without materia, with only one character and only the first weapons and armours. The final boss toke me 3 hours to defeat that way.
And Az Lionheart, you get the earth harp for beating Emerald weapon, alowing you to get all the Master materias.
WOW :eek:

Ultima Shadow
05-10-2004, 09:24 PM
WOW :eek:

Yea, but y,know... the game will take atleast 2 times as long to beat as if played normal and some bosses toke me atleast 15-20 tries . And when facing the final boss i was extreamly nearvous in the end (spendig 3 hours just fighting).

aeris2001x2
05-10-2004, 09:41 PM
personally i think thats insane and i would never try it for i would go mad with deaths galore lol.

hey ultima shadow, i bet u havent beaten emerald and ruby without materia lol?

Ultima Shadow
05-10-2004, 09:48 PM
personally i think thats insane and i would never try it for i would go mad with deaths galore lol.

hey ultima shadow, i bet u havent beaten emerald and ruby without materia lol?

No, ofcourse not! That is... dare i say impossible? Defeating sephiroth that way was my hardest overall gamefight ever!!!
(Even harder than defeating him in kingdom hearts with a lvl 70 Sora, first keyblade and no items). I think i had to try 25 times before i defeated him.

Erdrick Holmes
05-10-2004, 09:58 PM
I just use it on Bizarro Sephiroth. Besides it looks cool to use.

golden_queen_mercury
05-11-2004, 12:29 AM
I wish I could get KOR. I just beat the Final Boss Without it. I have everything completed in FF7 except I don't have the KOR materia. Oh well :)

Tenshi Reverie
05-11-2004, 05:51 AM
Really, you do not need KOTR to make beating Sephiroth easy. Just level up so that you hit for 9,999, and equip the Double Cut Materia. Also, if you have that mastered, so that you hit for four times in one turn, that's all you need for each of Sephiroth's phases. It's insanely easy, and quite hilarious.

Xander
05-11-2004, 10:33 AM
I never bothered getting this summon. Maybe I'll play again and get it one day. No need for it for the final boss, FFVII was my first FF and I didn't know what I was doing much but still didn't have a lot of trouble with the final bosses, they weren't that hard.

I guess it's just more for if you want to beat the Weapons.

PhoenixAsh
05-11-2004, 01:30 PM
golden_queen_mercury:

I wish I could get KOR. I just beat the Final Boss Without it. I have everything completed in FF7 except I don't have the KOR materia. Oh well

That doesn't sound true. If you'd done everything else then getting KOTR really isn't a huge challenge (if you can find it), and even if you're only a few steps a way, then there's a hell of a lot left for you to do elsewhere in the game methinks.

aeris2001x2
05-11-2004, 04:39 PM
if u havent got kor then u couldnt have got master summon materia 4 everyone since u need all the summons. and getting kor is not exactly hard.

Ultima Shadow
05-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Maybe it's not exactly hard... but it takes alot of time to get those gold chocobos.

Starcrest
05-12-2004, 02:05 AM
true. I also beat the game w/o kotr, kinda easy, ppl around lv. 56. didn't beat emerald and ruby though....

-N-
05-12-2004, 03:05 AM
The first time I beat FFVII I was at level 51 and my most powerful summon was Neo Bahamut. Sure you don't need the numerous extras in the game, but they're cool anyways.

And it doesn't take long to get gold chocobos and whatnot. I've beaten FFVII in 30 hours with a gold chocobo, beaten Emerald/Ruby, and L4 limits for three characters.

Ultima Shadow
05-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Well, i spended some hours trying to get a gold chocobo, but never got it. :D My bad luck then.

Kirobaito
05-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Big pimps don't use KotR on Safer Sephiroth. Like me. *scratches crotch* *spits* *scratches crotch again*

blue_midget192
05-12-2004, 05:44 PM
i got, kotr but i aint beat the game yet :( and i got gold chocobos :) there kool

Starcrest
05-13-2004, 01:30 AM
I tried a few times to get gold...to no avail though :( ne way, the games easy w/o kotr ne way, just helps a little, and i only had lv3 limits for my char.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-20-2004, 11:25 PM
I never got KOTR, I just kinda wandered into the 3rd CD, then wandered down, then realized that it really was the end when I started fighting Sephiroth. I kept expecting I'd have a chance to walk around on the overworld map again so that I could get all the fun shit, but it never happened. Oh well.

Starcrest
05-21-2004, 02:28 AM
it's alright. I wouldn't know if KOTR is some 'fun shit', but i guess since it's like all mighty and stuff that it'd b more funner and hard to beat it WITOUT KOTR, in my opinon. Then after you beat it, start over, and try to get him. That's what I'm doing

DJZen
05-21-2004, 04:42 AM
Big pimps don't use KotR on Safer Sephiroth. Like me. *scratches crotch* *spits* *scratches crotch again*

Big pimps also wear stupid clothes and like to beat chicks.

So ya like to beat chicks, do ya?

aeris2001x2
05-21-2004, 10:48 AM
it's alright. I wouldn't know if KOTR is some 'fun shit', but i guess since it's like all mighty and stuff that it'd b more funner and hard to beat it WITOUT KOTR, in my opinon. Then after you beat it, start over, and try to get him. That's what I'm doing

exactly...your first play should be just completing the game. its your 2nd play where u get everything, get max lv, beat every boss etc

Starcrest
05-22-2004, 04:32 AM
max level.......mayb, but everything else u said, YES

Linus J
05-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Come on people? 3 hours for Sephiroth? Last replay I went directly for him without getting final attack, without kotr and without ultimate weapons. And that couldn't have been more than half an hour.
Bless mighty guard :P

Starcrest
05-23-2004, 01:18 AM
bfs, that game takes atleast an hr, maybe hr and a half. i hightly doubt u beat the game in half an hr, even w/o all that stuff u said