PDA

View Full Version : FF1 needs 4 player

Estes
05-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Imagine exploring the world of Final Fantasy With 3 of your friends. each could pick their favorite job and 1st player would walk around and stuff...i don't know i think it would be cool, what do you guys think :mog:

DocFrance
05-10-2004, 10:46 PM
I doubt it could be good at all.

Flying Mullet
05-10-2004, 10:53 PM
I don't know about the rest of the games in the series, but FFVI supports two players. you can assign who plays which of the four players in battle on the configuration screen.

And I agree with DocFrance; I think that it would be boring.

Estes
05-11-2004, 12:39 AM
i know about VI, and V, there is even multiplayer in IX. ive beaten them all multiplayer i think FFI would be a good addition

DocFrance
05-11-2004, 03:13 AM
I just don't see the appeal in something like that.

Estes
05-11-2004, 03:40 AM
well to each his/her own i suppose...

escobert
05-11-2004, 04:03 AM
I think any of them would be fun wihta friend. Much easier to figure out puzzles ect.

Estes
05-11-2004, 05:53 AM
have any of you played V, VI, or IX with a friend it seriously is fun...im hoping XII gets multiplayer too. But one seriously needs it, i was hoping Origins would offer multiplayer but it didn't. :(

Dragoon Kain
05-11-2004, 11:36 PM
how would you play multiplayer on those games? i dont understand.

golden_queen_mercury
05-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Multyplayer would be fun on any FF game. I love to play with my friends and I hope all the FF games have Multiplayer mode. I think it's entirely fun.

Dragoon Kain
05-12-2004, 12:21 AM
ok i figured it out on 6 but how would u do that on 9 or 5?

Estes
05-12-2004, 03:32 AM
the multiplayer option is in config somewhere. and how it works is you divide up the characters in battle but 1st player controls the characters out of battle.

Dragoon Kain
05-12-2004, 03:50 AM
i looked in config. i could find it :(

Shlup
05-12-2004, 04:15 AM
Well Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is super-fun multiplayer. If it had a storyline more like the other FFs it would be great.

Estes
05-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Yeah Crystal Chronicles is good me and my friends have played that 4 player its very fun and you can look past that bad story. As for 5 and 9 the option to go multi player is there. in 5 you go to config and look at controller it should say single and multi. In 9 go to Battle control and go to custom and you can split the characters up there. I hope that helped. Multi player can make those games a bit more challenging because you have to learn to work together which can be very hard.

Caster Black Wizard
05-14-2004, 01:37 AM
I don't know about playing through the game with multiplayer but it would be good to interact with other players. IT would be cool if you stuck 2 memory cards in the PS and you could fight with the other player, sell, trade items and teach spells. This could be of extreme value for example you could give your friend a mythril sword while he is dtill in Corneria and bolt3 to his Black Mage. :tongue: But I just don't think going through the story line with multi-player would work :confused: :confused:

Estes
05-14-2004, 02:40 AM
well have you ever played the other ones multi player? it works in those i mean you control 2 chars and another person controls 2 chars everything functions normally just its harder cause you have to work with your partner to beat enemies. play through 5 or 6 multiplayer and youll understand why i am saying this.

DJZen
05-17-2004, 02:59 AM
I did this with VI, it was fairly boring. The problem is that there's no form of friendly competition unless you start casting Fire3 on yourselves, which makes you lose quickly. If there was some sort of dueling mode or something, that'd be awesome, but I'm not a fan of multiplayer RPGs.

Mr. Graves
05-20-2004, 03:44 AM
No, I have a hard imagining ANY FF game being multi-player. (I've not played FF:CC on the Gamecube yet, so I'm not including that one.) For one thing, it'd only be in battles, and while I could see it being possible (though boring) with ATB system, I don't think I'll work too well with FF1. All the characters and strategies can easily be handled by one player, and all of the players would have to wait until a round of combat with the light warriors and the monsters attacking each other until they can go at it again.

It just wouldn't be fun.

Book
05-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I tried playing one of the games in multiplayer (2 characters each in battle). I think it was FF5 and it just wasn't any fun at all, I was 1st player and my friend got bored only controlling the battles and made me turn it off. So I can't say that I hope that they will ever include a multiplayer options that works that way again. if they however can improve it then sure go ahead and include it, but I seriously doubt it.

Linus J
05-22-2004, 03:34 PM
I'd like it if you could split your 4man party into 2*2 parties. Would make battles harder since your fighting each fight with half a party, but the exploring would go faster.

Sword Chucks
06-24-2004, 07:51 PM
I think that option has potential, I just don't know how well it would boil down with keeping everyone interested.

Jecht Shot
06-24-2004, 08:10 PM
It could work, but you would have to drastically change the style of game FF1 was to the point where it was like Secret of Mana (which was a great game, don't get me wrong, but it and FF1 are supposed to be different).

The only other alternative I see (in keeping it with traditional FF style gameplay) is to implement some sort of competition between players in the combat system. Something like the more kills/hits/whatever you register, the more exp you get. But that would probably become very frustrating and annoying. And that would still leave the problem of what the other player(s) do while outside of combat. FF stories are nice, and can be fun to watch, but a lot of the fun comes from that fact that they are interactive.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-12-2004, 04:56 AM
has anybody heard of Final Fantasy XI?????????