PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger remake

defier
05-11-2004, 01:59 PM
I've seen this posted about a few forums in the last week and noticed it hasn't been mentioned here yet, so i thought i would. :)

It is a fan made remake of the original classic rpg Chrono Trigger and it is looking very promising! The visuals and music are just amazing, take a look.

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

TheAbominatrix
05-11-2004, 02:28 PM
It looks alright. It sucks that it's only going to be a few key scenes though, rather than the whole game, but that's to be expected from a fan project.

Super Christ
05-11-2004, 07:38 PM
*joygasm*

I'm so looking forward to it being done, even if it is only 10 scenes. Who knows? With enough bugging Square may even pick it up when they're done. (After all, then there'll be the game engine and all the character models ready made.)

Outsider
05-11-2004, 08:11 PM
It looks good, but I doubt it'll ever be finished... It's a pity, I might add.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-11-2004, 08:42 PM
The environments are pretty, but Chrono's model is incredibly ugly. And looking at the character designs, so will Magus's.

TheAbominatrix
05-12-2004, 12:34 AM
The environments are pretty, but Chrono's model is incredibly ugly. And looking at the character designs, so will Magus's.

I totally agree.

Kirobaito
05-12-2004, 12:37 AM
I was looking at their forum, and apparently they are in the process of changing Crono's model. They're gonna get rid of the baby face and make him look more evil, or something like that.

This still looks awesome.

golden_queen_mercury
05-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Amazing. Chrono Trigger is great. I can't wait to get it when it comes out.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-13-2004, 01:42 AM
the link didn't work for me. :cry:

Chibi Youkai
05-17-2004, 03:49 AM
The link didn't work for me either.

Kirobaito
05-17-2004, 03:55 AM
It worked earlier for me. But now it's not working. :(

Killy
05-22-2004, 03:42 AM
Back online, for your viewing pleasure.

Edit: Only to go back down a few seconds later, they just changed servers or something of that kind (Said so on their main page). It should be back online soon.

Chibi Youkai
05-22-2004, 04:32 AM
The pics aren't bad, but they could be better, I suppose. Then again, it is fan done, so it is rather good.

black orb
06-03-2004, 02:16 AM
>>> Whoa! The whole thing looks impressive, but I doubt they`ll finish it..

Killy
06-03-2004, 02:40 AM
Unfortunatly, they are only doing 10 key scenes, not the whole game, you will only be able to play these scenes.

BatChao
06-05-2004, 11:26 PM
It says on their site, that their demo, which is to be released hopefully this winter, will be 10 scenes, but I suspect that when the game is fully completed, it will be a full remake.

As for how things are looking...it looks FANTASTIC. I can't judge the gameplay or anything by just a few screens and music, but I'll just say that these screens look amazing. It takes a great, great, great deal of very hard work to produce something like that (my friends and I are trying to do something similar to this, but an original game. Our models and textures look nothing as good as this... this is... wow). The remade music samples is also terrific. TERRIFIC! Hopefully camera angles won't be a pain (a fixed camera would probably be best) and the animations are nice. Wow... I do really hope they finish this. I know they have the talent to, but it's gonna take a damn long time. I would totally pick this up if Square-Enix decided to publish/clean it up. Me = excited.

ForeverZeroUltima
06-06-2004, 10:31 PM
uh...i dont see any of the things you guys are talking about...where do i go after i click on "Enter"?

BatChao
06-07-2004, 05:59 AM
Click on 'Media' to the left to see screenshots and listen to some music samples. :p

ForeverZeroUltima
06-07-2004, 07:21 PM
ah ok

TasteyPies
06-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Can you say dragonballz? heh

Super Christ
06-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Well, Akira Toriyama *did* do all the original art for the game in the first placce.

blue_midget192
06-08-2004, 11:35 PM
wow, i am amazed! it looks great, i hope they do finish it! but tis only for Pc Xbox and Gamecube :( but hey, i gotta pc...or have i?

Super Christ
06-08-2004, 11:49 PM
Actually, its only being publicly released for the PC. The X-Box and Gamecube releases are only for members on their development team.

If Square were to pick up the project afterwards, I'd probably want a PS2 release though. While the Gamecube is much better, the PS2's controller is the most like the SNES's controller, in that they're almost exactly the same. Sony's development team was probably playing on a SNES when they designed the controller.

ForeverZeroUltima
06-13-2004, 09:31 PM
i hope it's on PC. If it's on PSX, i'll use my emulator...if it's on PS2, i'll use my connectix VGS emulator.

Chibi Youkai
06-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Well, I suppose That means I'm fresh outta luck. Oh well.

Triple T
07-17-2004, 01:55 PM
Looks awesome! AToo bad they have no Lucca models yet. :( Oh well, I can't wait to play it! The music sounds really cool too. The Corridors of Time has to be the best one there.

Magus
07-17-2004, 02:13 PM
it looks great and i can't wait to see how it really is.
the graphics looks good,but is it only me? when i look at the screenshots it kinda makes me think that it's disney-ish.

DMKA
07-17-2004, 06:21 PM
I agree that Crono looks like crap (his face does anyway) but I think Magus looks awesome.

It'll be cool if its a full game remake, and as long as its made availible on PC, PS2, or Gamecube I'm fine because I have all 3 (although the GC is sitting in its box on a shelf because I don't play it:p ).

But it'd be good if I finished the original first wouldn't it? I'm stuck on some stupid boss in a cave.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-20-2004, 03:44 PM
But it'd be good if I finished the original first wouldn't it? I'm stuck on some stupid boss in a cave.

if that Boss is Heckran, here's a tip. whenever he says "Go ahead! Try to attack!", DONT attack. He'll counterattack with a powerful water wave.

Or if it's Masamune, all i can say is, take Crono, Marle, and Robo (the three healers).

or if it's any other boss...tell me and i'll give ya a clue :p

K-chan
07-20-2004, 06:26 PM
I agree that Crono looks like crap (his face does anyway) but I think Magus looks awesome.

...Magus looks kinda scary. :eep: I thought the original graphics for CT were cute (yes, 16-bit graphics are cute!).

DMKA
07-20-2004, 11:26 PM
Magus looks scary? What? He looks very cool and lovable if nothing else. :D

Actually his face reminds me quite a bit of Vegita. O_o

Triple T
07-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Magus looks scary? What? He looks very cool and lovable if nothing else. :D

Actually his face reminds me quite a bit of Vegita. O_o

Magus is actually a saiyan prince, and not a prince from Zeal!

...the truth is out...

ForeverZeroUltima
07-24-2004, 06:24 PM
no it's not

DMKA
07-25-2004, 02:45 AM
So in other words Oswald was innocent...yes, I understand completely.

DJZen
07-25-2004, 08:22 PM
I don't see why people are getting excited over a fan remake of a game that everyone thinks was already one of the best games ever made. If it was so good, why would it need to be remade?

DMKA
07-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Because some people care alot about graphics, and it would be cool to see FF7 in like....FFX graphics...it really would, but that doesn't mean it'd make the original any less of what it is. :D

ForeverZeroUltima
07-26-2004, 08:40 PM
yeah...that's kinda why they made the PSX version of CT too...just for a few in-game movies ...

but the graphics still stayed the same...

DMKA
07-26-2004, 08:46 PM
yeah...that's kinda why they made the PSX version of CT too...just for a few in-game movies ...
I didn't think about that...so technically this will be a second remake...has that ever been done to any other game in history before? Two remakes? :eek:

DJZen
07-29-2004, 03:56 AM
Final Fantasy I
NES/Famicom -> MSX -> WSC -> PSX -> FoMA -> GBA

Chibi Youkai
07-29-2004, 01:27 PM
Wow:whaaa:... That's... alot of remakes.

Magus
07-29-2004, 02:01 PM
they aren't really remakes to me. its just ... like putting the same game on many consoles and adding one or two things. if u call puttin ct on the psx a remake. then having Splinter cell on Xbox, Ps2 and Pc must be remakes.

Kilika
08-09-2004, 08:35 AM
dude, it looks awesome....but magus could look a little more pale....and a little more like he did in the OG game. Chrono looks a cool as does everything else! I hope they remake it but magus could definitly use some work....when looking at the drawings that Toriyama drew Magus resembles DBZ's Vegeta...maybe if they chose a Vegeta sprite from like another game and made it more pale with longer hair! Thats my only complaint! OTHER THAN THAT THIS GAME LOOKS PERFECT! I HOPE THEY RELEASE IT! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Oh and maybe if they added some of the cool facial effects that they did in FFX. Make it look more realistic....oh and this is going out but....what if they added dialogue with chrono?

UltimateSpamGrover
08-09-2004, 01:21 PM
whos Vegita?

Kilika
08-09-2004, 08:39 PM
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=vegita/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/*-

there he is! Doesn't he look just like Magus!

oh well i guess it doesn't work....i suck at this

CesarGuerrero
02-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Did anybody know that the 3d remake of CT (the fan remake) is not going to be completed because Square didn't want it to come out?
The remake by square, the one with the movies is the only remake available. The Fan Remake was much better though.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Don't revive threads that are over a year old.