PDA

View Full Version : What I'm about to ask for help for might sound insane but bear with me

Erdrick Holmes
05-11-2004, 09:00 PM
I got a brand new copy of FFVII for PSX right here and I also have a music CD that I can rip the tracks off of in MP3 or .wav format. I'm kinda wondering if there is some sort of way I can sorta replace the music on the games with the music ripped off the music CD instead of just having the CD plaing in my CD ROM drive. (for example I wanna hear this really sweet Guitar Solo song when I win a fight instead of the tradtional FFVII fanfare)

any ideas on how to do that?

Shoyku
05-11-2004, 10:00 PM
It's not as farfetched as you think. I've seen the process in other games to do such a thing (such as SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain), but the process is far too complicated and lengthy to be even worth the bother of going through. It's not a simple process of popping an .mp3 in an appropriate folder. It's more like making the file a <i>specific</i> type of music file at a specific length and so on.

Yamaneko
05-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Yeah, you would need to make a .cue file and specifiy when to play songs and for how long. Plus, the music from FFVII is in a data format, not music tracks.

Baloki
05-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Become a heathen and buy an X-box. I'll hate you for it but it will let you do what you want to do, maybe not on FFVII but that is your loss...