PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII Prequel?

Trumpet Thief
05-12-2004, 04:21 AM
Here is the link:
http://www.rpgamer.com/event/e3-2004/051104c.html

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Discuss.

Erdrick Holmes
05-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Sounds like that FFVII spin off that you play as Cloud and it sorta plays like Devil May Cry.

Cloudane
05-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Playing as the Turks as the "heroes" eh...

Wonder if you get to try and kidnap Aerith :)

DocFrance
05-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Yeesh. Talk about milking a cow dry.

DM Rivula
05-13-2004, 01:40 AM
They may make a sequel, but it might be a while after they finish AC. Or, they may make it while finishing up AC.

Only time will tell.

K-chan
05-13-2004, 11:55 AM
I loved FF7, but c'mon! Don't you think they're going a little too far with the prequal/sequal thing?

Yeesh. Talk about milking a cow dry

exactly

Trumpet Thief
05-13-2004, 03:19 PM
That's true. And I have also heard that they are going to have a game sequel to take place after FFVII, but that is just a rumour. But the chances are that there will be a prequel.

But still, on cellphones? That just seems very akward, and it might not even reach the U.S., who knows?

It would be good they released another version for the PS2 or PS1 in America, but that's just wishful thinking.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-13-2004, 08:23 PM
I like the idea of it, but yeah, cellphones. It looks like it could easily be replicated on GBA, though.

K-chan
05-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Since theres been all this prequal/sequal stuff, d'ya think they'll make sequals to other FF games (like 8 or 9?)

zacks_clone
05-13-2004, 09:30 PM
i know many people love 8 and 9, but they were not as popular as 7.

I see im going to have to buy a cell now...::Sigh :: all well. anything for the fandom of VII

I would love to have a game set after or before VII( not with the turks, with Sephiroth or Zack. Im dying to see Zack in all his pretty new cg glory...may not come true...)

Wrexsoul
05-13-2004, 10:04 PM
More information on it at adventchildren.net, I think. And I found two screens at gamespot (I'd pull 'em up again if I could poke around that site long enough without the computer crashing). The screens are impressive for a cell phone, but just because of that, they're SMALL.

On the logo there's a guy with an EMR, so I'm supposing it's Reno. He's wearing the suit right for once, sans the ponytail, with some major sideburns and chin scruffage. And he's back-to-back with Elena... which, considering this is 6 years prior and she didn't join the Turks til AFTER FF7 started, seems a bit odd. Looks like the same type of art from KH.

Being a huge Turk fan, it's very intriguing, but the information is so scant... and I'm still mad about the bloody cell phone idea. :eep:

Trumpet Thief
05-13-2004, 11:46 PM
I recently checked the two screens, and for a cellphone, they look awfully impressive.

Perhaps Square Enix might decide to make Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII off the cellphone, and on the other consoles.

Shoeberto
05-14-2004, 02:22 AM
I wasn't too impressed by the screens. Seems kind of like akward live-action captured sprites on a blurry background. Now, if they'd hold off and develop it for GBA, or even wait longer and get it for PSP or DS, it'd be great, but I can't imagine it being too much fun or in depth or easy on the eyes on a cell phone.

Wrexsoul
05-14-2004, 03:25 AM
I wasn't too impressed by the screens. Seems kind of like akward live-action captured sprites on a blurry background. Now, if they'd hold off and develop it for GBA, or even wait longer and get it for PSP or DS, it'd be great, but I can't imagine it being too much fun or in depth or easy on the eyes on a cell phone.

Seriously! If they MUST put it on a handy compact thing, they should at LEAST put it on the GBA..... anything with a larger screen! Bah... I don't know what they're thinking.

I dug up the logo.... seems a bit cursory to me, but what say you?

Erdrick Holmes
05-14-2004, 03:38 AM
I bet this sequel will show what happens when Cloud was living in Nibehiem before he moved out to join SOLDIER, him training and going on Shinra missions, him not going into soldier and what happened all the way till he got to Midgar.

Del Murder
05-14-2004, 04:19 AM
I hope it stays on the Turks and doesn't involve the main characters. FFVII was too good to need to be messed with. Then again, it probably won't come over here so I can just pretend it doesn't exist.

Cloudane
05-14-2004, 01:03 PM
I can't wait for AC and think the idea is superb, but I agree it's starting to look with this as if they're pushing the milking a bit far. They've already started making action figures. FF7 was special... to turn it into yet another merhandise thing along the same lines as the Turtles, Pokemon et al would be a huge disservice.

BatChao
05-18-2004, 10:16 AM
I can't wait for AC and think the idea is superb, but I agree it's starting to look with this as if they're pushing the milking a bit far. They've already started making action figures. FF7 was special... to turn it into yet another merhandise thing along the same lines as the Turtles, Pokemon et al would be a huge disservice.

But have you seen the figures? Geez, they are so sweet. They are more like 'statues' than the poseable kind. I snapped this pic at E3. Looks awesome.

System Id
05-19-2004, 11:34 PM
The sequel scares me (too many Sephiroth-ish people), and now the prequel does too. I've been hoping for an FF7 prequel for years, but cell-phone based?? The story does sound very intriguing, though, so I hope the game surprises me and turns out well.

And that Cloud/motorcycle figure looks AWESOME.

CloudDragon
05-21-2004, 06:04 AM
Besides the movie, the only change that I'd like to see them make to FF7 is just do a remake for the PS2, that would be interesting.

Mr. Graves
05-24-2004, 07:55 PM
My instincts tell me that this is just fan service, seeing as FF7 came out years before AC or this new development.

Rainecloud
05-28-2004, 07:28 AM
It certainly sounds good on paper, but I'm feeling a little less than exited right now.

Hopefully, that will change in the near future.

Chris
07-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Looks kinda...well...uh...I don't know what to say...
It's kinda hard to imagine "the Turks" as the leads...Will Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Aeris, Caith Sith, Yuffie, Nanaki, Cid or Vincent be in it?

White Raven
07-02-2004, 11:22 PM
Hopefully they'll release this for GBA too. There's no way in hell that I would play a RPG on a cell phone.

-N-
07-03-2004, 12:15 AM
Or PS2...? Or at least something I can emulate on my computer? *prays*

Ouch!
07-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Everybody keeps mentioning a GBA release. I think a PSP is much more likely. From my understanding, FFVII: AC will also be released in format for the PSP eventually (not the original release) so a PSP release of Before Crisis wouldn't surprise me much.

I think the idea sounds good, but they could butcher it completely, which would really, really piss me off.

Nanakiroth
07-04-2004, 08:35 PM
I sure do hope that this game is released on GBA or PSP.... If it's not and is just released on cell phones then it is most likely that it wont be released in America or the UK... Plus, I think that they would just be losing money for themselves by making it into a cellphone game that only people in japan are going to be able to play.

ZeZipster
07-04-2004, 08:43 PM
If it's on the cell phone only, odds are I'll download an english version (patched or not patched) and play it on my computer. Because I'm not going to buy a cellphone to play 1 game. If it's on PSP or what-ever nintendo has out at the moment I'll buy it.

zacks_clone
07-06-2004, 08:18 AM
I sure do hope that this game is released on GBA or PSP.... If it's not and is just released on cell phones then it is most likely that it wont be released in America or the UK... Plus, I think that they would just be losing money for themselves by making it into a cellphone game that only people in japan are going to be able to play.

I hope they release it on GBA or the PSP...I want it and im not allowd to get a cell:P but they would either be gaining alot of moeny(arnt they putting out a cell?like the ones seen in AC??) or taking a dramatic loss. And fans in the US and elsewhere wont be happy if they dont get it.

Ryth
07-19-2004, 12:18 AM
The prequel is Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII and the sequel is the Devil May Cry-esque game. Can't wait for them.

krissy
07-19-2004, 04:25 AM
only rpg im looking forward to ever now

whats this about an action sequel
dont you mean the movie?

UltimateSpamGrover
07-25-2004, 11:44 AM
The prequel is Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII and the sequel is the Devil May Cry-esque game. Can't wait for them.

what evidence do you have to prove your statement?

Ravin
07-25-2004, 03:23 PM
The name of this "prequel" is Final Fantasy: Before Crisis. You play as the turks, Reno,Rude,Elena. It will only be avalible on Nokia phones and will not reach the US from what I've heard.

zacks_clone
07-25-2004, 07:22 PM
The name of this "prequel" is Final Fantasy: Before Crisis. You play as the turks, Reno,Rude,Elena. It will only be avalible on Nokia phones and will not reach the US from what I've heard.

You dont play Elena I dont believe.Tseng is in it,along with a bunch of others,and the girl on the poster may look like Elena,but I am fairly certain it isnt...

Ravin
07-25-2004, 09:01 PM
It's not Elena? Wow. I could have swore it was...oh well, Thanks for the info! :D

Anyway, I saw this pic of BC on another website and it shows Seph, Zack,Cloud,Reno,Rude,Tseng,(another Reno) and I think it's Elena and four new/old. (I dont know how to describe this) people: A girl with long black hair and a guy with black hair and half is purple spikes and another man with brown hair and a woman with blonde-ish hair.(Possibly Lucrecia?)

zacks_clone
07-26-2004, 03:15 AM
It's not Elena? Wow. I could have swore it was...oh well, Thanks for the info! :D

Anyway, I saw this pic of BC on another website and it shows Seph, Zack,Cloud,Reno,Rude,Tseng,(another Reno) and I think it's Elena and four new/old. (I dont know how to describe this) people: A girl with long black hair and a guy with black hair and half is purple spikes and another man with brown hair and a woman with blonde-ish hair.(Possibly Lucrecia?)

:D i had that as my signature awhile back.The woman LOOKS like Lucretia.She even has Death Penality,or so it seems. :: rummage rummage rummage :: Tada (http://mokkori67.free.fr/20040705ff7bc.jpg)

Ravin
07-26-2004, 03:27 AM
Is it possible that it may be Lucreica?