PDA

View Full Version : Comfort in sound

Xander
05-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Yeah, it's a Feeder album but my question is: What music do you find comforting/relaxing?

At the moment I'm finding David Gray's stuff quite comforting, his voice is kinda relaxing and he has some nice songs. I find it good to listen to if I'm trying to do work too cos it doesn't distract me.

TheAbominatrix
05-12-2004, 10:35 AM
There's so many different kinds of music that relax me... even ones that would normally pump me up. It depends on my mood. Strangely, I find punk rock to be very soothing... I can fall asleep (and I have) in the corner of the local venue while the band rocks on, if I'm in the mood to.

J-pop in general is very soothing... particularily L'Arc~en~Ciel and Bonnie Pink. Classic rock like The Beatles, The Who, Zeppelin, and The Doors really mellow me out, especially when there's some inscense and nice company. Oh and the theme song to Meteor Garden (the Chinese live action version of Hana Yori Dango) is my current relaxing song. It's so beautiful.

White Raven
05-12-2004, 01:48 PM
I usually listen to symphony's doing classic rock songs. There are great covers of Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin out there but in classical form.

tomothy
05-12-2004, 01:52 PM
muse's album 'absolution' i could listen to on loop all day or perhaps unwritten law's acoustic 'music in high places' album.

but that's just me, as radiohead type music does my head in but others find enjoyable. :mad:

Breine
05-12-2004, 02:09 PM
It's various, but most of the times when I'm relaxing to music it's some soul or R&B.

Polaris
05-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Evanescece and Daft Punk, no more!

Kirobaito
05-12-2004, 03:24 PM
All kinds of country music, generally the slow stuff, comforts me. My favorite song to listen to when I want to relax is Toby Keith's "My List", and Kenny Chesney's "That's Why I'm Here."

jrgen
05-12-2004, 03:41 PM
*Oomph!s instrumentals.
*Everything by Subway to Sally.
*The softer songs by In Extremo, like Merseburger Zaubersprüche II and Melancholie.
*The album Herzwerk II by Megaherz(Except the songs Spiel nicht and Glas und Tränen)
*Everything by Silber
*Everything by Eisbrecher
*The softer stuff by Letzte Instanz

Skogs
05-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Right now I listen to Yo Yo Ma's 'Simply Baroque' CD in bed. Mainly because it's one of the only classical cds I've got. Lamb is good to chill out to - 'Gabriel' and 'Gorecki' are good songs. Most of 'Grace' by Jeff Buckley is good relaxing music as well.

Outsider
05-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Alice In Chains.

I just love to sit down, put my feet up, and listen to it for a while.

The Captain
05-12-2004, 07:22 PM
Any live album, where you can feel the energy between the band and the audience. It gives me a real sense of comfort and happiness knowing that so many people can appreaciate good music all together.

Take care all.

Rainecloud
05-12-2004, 07:32 PM
If I want to relax, I'll listen to my "Final Fantasy Potion" CDs, or my Lene Marlin album.

I have plenty more where that came from, too.

Peegee
05-13-2004, 01:14 AM
Classical pieces, but specifically probably Bach.

Shoeberto
05-13-2004, 02:07 AM
I can pop in "Dark Side of the Moon" and just feel everything fade away with the opening to "Breathe."

Erdrick Holmes
05-13-2004, 02:14 AM
The songs from the Coal Chamber CD, the Guilty Gear X music, some of Symphony X. But the band that really relaxes me is REM, I can just fall asleep listening to Automatic for the People.

Calliope
05-13-2004, 02:45 AM
The Buzzcocks
Ben Harper
Travis

:hat:

Jebus
05-13-2004, 03:23 AM
I can pop in "Dark Side of the Moon" and just feel everything fade away with the opening to "Breathe."

*nods*

Depends on how I feel though. "Dark Side" to me is anytime music. If I'm depressed I listen to depressing music. If I'm angry I listen to System of a Down. If I listen to the music I feel at the moment it makes me more emotionally neutral, which is what I prefer.

escobert
05-13-2004, 03:28 AM
I'm not even going to say what reaxes me :) Most of you can guess. And also classic rock relaxes me.

Calliope
05-13-2004, 03:43 AM
I guess...transformers!

White Raven
05-13-2004, 04:10 PM

Indeed. Along with the classic covers of Floyd, I enjoy the real stuff even better for relaxing. Though DSOTM has some relaxing parts, there are also a lot of riviting/exciting parts. So if I need to relax with some Floyd, I either put on Wish You Were Here or Meddle...ahhhhh... :)

Mr. Graves
05-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Anything besides Heavy Metal and *shudder* Polka. x_x

Leeza
05-14-2004, 01:22 AM
Marilyn Manson. He's got a good variety of music, but whatever I listen to isn't dependant on my mood.

Felldoh
05-14-2004, 01:50 PM
It varies for me, but it's usually Ayumi Hamasaki or Nine Inch Nails.

Lindy
05-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Snow Patrol.

No matter the mood, Gary Lightbody and company always fill the void.

Rye
05-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Evanescence and A Perfect Circle.

Iceglow
05-17-2004, 04:49 PM
the stuff that relaxes me is stuff you would not normally find in my CD collection hence they are on my pc in a folder only I know about as mp3s :D stuff like Evanescence, muse, him, Sway by the lostprophets, goodnight by dry kill logic, three doors down - be like that all works wonders but alongside tracks like that I have stuff like:

The corrs ~ Dreams & Runaway (Irish pop band but the lead singer Andrea could make me all squishy and call me putty in her hand any day)

No doubt ~ dont tell me cause it hurts (dont speak? not too sure on the title)

Natalie Imbruglia ~ Torn

Savage Garden ~ Truly, madly, deeply

blue ~ guilty

mark owen ~ two minutes left to go

and a load of other cheesey romantic pop music also Bonjovi and bryan addams are in there see stuff you would not expect of me if you know me at all.

Chaos
05-17-2004, 11:11 PM
A bit of Further Seems Forever keeps me relaxed, as does Dodgy or The Flaming Lips. Soothing.

Or some classical, thats good as well.

Chaos

Jewels
05-18-2004, 05:34 AM
Yellowcard, Detour 180, Eight, Lifehouse, and John Mayer.

Calliope
05-18-2004, 05:50 AM
Fallen Angel, the song is called "Don't Speak" =/

sephxangel
05-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Final Fantasy Potions and Dj Sammy's Candlelight version of Heaven