PDA

View Full Version : The Movie At This Site

The Captain
05-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Not sure if this is already a topic, but what's everything think of the FFXII clip that this wonderful site has?

I must say, I'm going to be among the first in line to pick this game up when it's finally released in the States.

This might sound odd, but what impressed me that most was the spitting action and the various other little effects, such as the knuckle crack, and the gasping noises by the villian/guards at the sight of the Judge.

Can't wait for this to come out! It looks VERY, VERY promising.

Take care all.

crono_logical
05-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Looks pretty nice :p Even the non-FMV bits were impressive, especially in battle. Hoping for a bit more from the soundtrack though compared to what was in that clip.

It had this Star Wars feel to it too, more so during the FMVs, and especially with that Darth Vader guy on screen :p

metCloud
05-12-2004, 09:00 PM
I love what I see so far. Wish there was a little summoning action in the flick though...Cant wait to see those. The story seems like its going to be awsome.

crono_logical
05-13-2004, 03:42 AM
I think the summoning was towards the end of the clip :p

Kirobaito
05-13-2004, 03:47 AM
This page cannot be displayed. :(

m4tt
05-13-2004, 04:40 AM
That was... amazing! :eek:

Kirobaito
05-13-2004, 04:54 AM
NOT FAIR! I'm not able to download it! It's saying that the file is not there. This isn't fair.

:smash: :banme

The Captain
05-13-2004, 05:25 AM
"It had this Star Wars feel to it too, more so during the FMVs, and especially with that Darth Vader guy on screen"

I definitely got that vibe too, but I HOPE it in no way turns out like those two films, Phantom Menance and Clones, or that it has the same effect: killing a wonderful franchise.

"NOT FAIR! I'm not able to download it! It's saying that the file is not there. This isn't fair."

That's odd, it worked fine for me, but took a minute or two to load. I'm in no way compter savvy, so I really don't know what to tell you. Perhaps someone else has a potential solution?

Take care all.

crono_logical
05-13-2004, 06:08 AM
http://www.eyesonff.com/files/file.cgi?file=Final%20Fantasy%2012/final_fantasy_xii_trailer.mov

Still working for me :p

DMKA
05-13-2004, 12:45 PM
It won't download for me either. Is there anywhere I can get it in a different (and smaller possibly) format? Because I have dialup, and sadly my computer cannot play Quicktime. :(

The Captain
05-14-2004, 02:06 AM
I wonder what parts of the game the excerpts are from? Perhaps you start the game in that prison/arena complex?

Take care all.

DMKA
05-14-2004, 03:08 AM
How long is it? I want to know if the one I have is the one on this site.

The Captain
05-14-2004, 05:34 AM
About 3, 4 minutes long.

Take care all.

DMKA
05-14-2004, 11:18 AM
AHHH its not the one I have! Crap...I need to see this. :(

Cloudane
05-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Pretty darn long! Nice to *finally* see something substantial of this game, which for a while I wondered if it was even in development (the 'painted' scenes didn't convince me much)

There seems to be a distinct lack of interest/hype surrounding FF12, but maybe that's because the only substantial preview we've had of it was is at exactly the same time as those highly anticipated details of FF7:AC :) Or maybe because all the characters are butt-ugly (except for Vaan, who's very pretty *cough*)

Cid
05-14-2004, 09:04 PM
It definatly looks awesome. Much more promising that FFX and X2. I haven't been really happy with an FF since 7 or 8. I can't wait.

aeris2001x2
05-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Pretty darn long! Nice to *finally* see something substantial of this game, which for a while I wondered if it was even in development (the 'painted' scenes didn't convince me much)

There seems to be a distinct lack of interest/hype surrounding FF12, but maybe that's because the only substantial preview we've had of it was is at exactly the same time as those highly anticipated details of FF7:AC :) Or maybe because all the characters are butt-ugly (except for Vaan, who's very pretty *cough*)

the two girls i have seen r some of the most cute and divine creatures i have ever seen.

also i can download it but cant watch, only listern does anyone know what " the procedure enntry point getIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL" means?

TasteyPies
05-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha (he waddles when he walks)

anyway....

3 things i ask for in RPGs:

1. walkable world map
2. towns
3. shops

I hope ff12 has these things and im pretty sure about shops because in one he had a shield that he didnt have before (bought?) but im wondering about a world map. RPGs have started a new trend of having "stages" and that gets me steamed i hope ff12 wont have that. Something that realy made me happy was that he actualy had a sword on his hip instead of having one magicly appear (ff8 squall)

But the main charicter looks and walks like a lesbian.

aeris2001x2
05-15-2004, 06:03 PM
lol and what is wrong with walking like a lesbian? i was quite taken with tidus very feminine mechanism of movement :rolleyes2

but yeah, if there is not a proper world map i would seriously get steamed. but ultimately all i ask 4 is plot, character development and game play of a high quality. the rest is optional.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-15-2004, 06:19 PM
About 3, 4 minutes long.7:38.

crono_logical
05-15-2004, 07:08 PM
the two girls i have seen r some of the most cute and divine creatures i have ever seen.

also i can download it but cant watch, only listern does anyone know what " the procedure enntry point getIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL" means?You probably haven't got Quicktime installed. (Or the better Quicktime alternative codecs (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm) and a decent media player (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358)) :p

The Captain
05-15-2004, 07:36 PM
"7:38."

Wow, really? Didn't seem that long.

Take care all.

Jenn
05-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Yea. the blonde "dude" looked kinda girlish... haha. Oh well... hope he fights well. I like that the lady w the ears has a bow and arrow... rock on yea. lol. I hope this game is good cuz if those were the only good looking parts i will be disappointed. But i bet its awesome. The prison thing looks to be at the very beginning... or so. I don't know. I hope the game lasts longer than ffx2 cuz it was kinda short. :)

DMKA
05-17-2004, 01:07 AM
Downloaded it, and tried to watch, but sadly it only played about a frame every 30 seconds (damn 200MHZ processor).

It'd be great if it was availible in some other format.

None the less, the tiny bits I did see looked quite awesome, and I can't wait for this game.

The Captain
05-17-2004, 01:11 AM
The Balthier character (Man with gun) reminded me a lot of a Han Solo-esque type of personality: laconic, sort of a wise-acre, but has guts. Right now, he looks to be my favorite character.

Take care all.

Chlis
05-20-2004, 06:02 PM
can anyone hel;p me? what do i open this clip with once i d/led it? i got it and had to open with summut i tryed media player but didnt work hellllpppp

m4tt
05-20-2004, 07:15 PM
But the main charicter looks and walks like a lesbian.How exactly do lesbian's walk? I didn't realize they had their own walk.

crono_logical
05-20-2004, 08:00 PM
can anyone hel;p me? what do i open this clip with once i d/led it? i got it and had to open with summut i tryed media player but didnt work hellllpppp
Read:

You probably haven't got Quicktime installed. (Or the better Quicktime alternative codecs (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm) and a decent media player (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358)) :p

How exactly do lesbian's walk? I didn't realize they had their own walk.Maybe he meant homosexual and not lesbian, seeing as the character is a guy, and quite often you will find (usually the more openly or more oriented) homosexual men walk differently to normal men - it doesn't take much watching them to notice that. I guess it's called body language :p Although I can't say I noticed Vaan walking like that :p

TasteyPies
05-20-2004, 10:27 PM
I meant he looks like a butch girl and walked like a girl.

(elbows in towards sides is the common lady walk)

escobert
05-21-2004, 02:14 AM
I'm dling it right now 33% done. I'll post later with comments on it.

The Captain
05-21-2004, 06:50 AM
Seems it took too long to download for you...

Take care all.

kikimm
06-26-2004, 04:12 AM
I really like it. Now I'm even more excited for this game to come out. I ahve to agree-the scene where Balthier cracks his neck made me laugh. It's cute. But I'm trying not too read about it at ALL anymore, because I completely ruined FF10 by reading up on it just a little too much. I have a tendency to do that, and I really don't wanna screw this game up, so from now on I'm closing my ears to anything FF12 until I've beaten the crap out of it.

And that's that.......sorry ;)

:D