PDA

View Full Version : "Favorite" Virus

Flying Mullet
05-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Have you even heard of or encountered any computer viruses that you thought were creative or original and do more than just try to delete files or clog a network?

I remember a while back there was a virus that would go into Word and add a bunch of common mispellings into the dictionary, such as "alot", "thier" and "teh" so that the spell-check wouldn't catch it and it basically rendered Word's spelling dictionary useless.

ZeZipster
05-12-2004, 11:38 PM
I am a fan of the Bubonic Plague.

escobert
05-12-2004, 11:40 PM
I personally like Ebolla

Flying Mullet
05-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Okay, I edited my post smart-asses. :p

Dr Unne
05-12-2004, 11:48 PM
I never get viruses.

Flying Mullet
05-12-2004, 11:50 PM
I didn't say "have you gotten one", I said "have you encountered one or heard of one".

escobert
05-12-2004, 11:52 PM
I haven't heard of any funny ones really so no. There was one the shut down all the computers at my step dads work and he omplained about it a lot so that one made me laugh.

Peegee
05-12-2004, 11:54 PM
I like sars

escobert
05-13-2004, 12:02 AM
you are sars.

Peegee
05-13-2004, 12:09 AM
I did win the ciddeh for most likely to get sars :D

escobert
05-13-2004, 12:18 AM
The drs thaught I had sars for awhile. But I didn't.

ZeZipster
05-13-2004, 12:18 AM
cuz ur fat

Peegee
05-13-2004, 01:07 AM
only I'm allowed to call people fat.

ZeZipster
05-13-2004, 01:14 AM
That is largely due to the fact that you are not heterosexual.

Yamaneko
05-13-2004, 01:18 AM
Cut out the spamming, guys.

I got some virus that overloaded my paging file and made me reset every five minutes or so. This was a while back.

BG-57
05-13-2004, 01:22 AM
I saw one ten years ago that made the Energizer bunny move from one screen to another in a computer cluster. My favorite viruses are harmless and silly.

Del Murder
05-13-2004, 02:07 AM
The worm, baby.

Andex
05-13-2004, 02:07 AM
Favorite Virus's:
1. Chernobyl Virus
Also known as the CHI Virus. This one spreads through executable files. So once it's sitting on your comp, and you open, say Aim.exe, it's going to spread through that to other exe's on your comp until it's so overrun your comp is ruined. Very cool..

2. ILOVEYOU Virus
ILOVEYOU was a virus that changed everything, it was a virus that impacted the whole world within hours or days. It spread through e-mail like wild fire. Once you opened it, via e-mail attachment, it would wreck havok on your system, infecting your files, hiding the virus throughout your system and then, ultimately opening Microsoft Outlook Express, and send it to everyone on your list. Thusly this became a VERY fast spreading virus.

These are my favorite virus's, obviously i know alot of virus's.. I love them. They are like a plauge, and the more they spread throughout the world the more i like. Except me of course, i have the best security in the world :) I NEVER get virii

Crimson II
05-13-2004, 04:50 AM
One of my favorite, that tends to piss me off is the Svchost.exe error for windows 2000. infecting the SVChost.exe command and negating all internet access even when not online yet. very nice.

Rase
05-13-2004, 06:08 AM
There's one I heard of that opens the CD-rom drive every time you click something. That's it. No crashes, no meltdown, just causing the person to be utterly confused.

Dr Unne
05-13-2004, 06:16 AM
<i>I didn't say "have you gotten one", I said "have you encountered one or heard of one".</i> --Flying Mullet

I'm not familiar enough with viruses to have encountered any that I find amusing. How's that?

Only viruses I know of are the ones my friends and family members make me clean off of their computers, and that only annoys me.

Peegee
05-13-2004, 06:22 AM
I NEVER get virii

Me neither, because the word doesn't exist. Perhaps you are thinking of 'viruses'?

HOOTERS
05-13-2004, 06:35 AM
MY FAVE IS THE ONE THAT WRECKED MY COMPUTER TAHT WAS HEEPS COOL. :edm: :chobin: :smash: :erm:

Oh yeah and cowdance.com :smash:

Meat Puppet
05-13-2004, 06:51 AM
I once had a virus that made an ambulance go across my screen it made homework more fun.

Rainecloud
05-13-2004, 07:24 AM
I've never had any viruses. I run my virus checker regularly, and my firewall is also pretty good. I don't download random files for no apparent reason, and I don't aimlessly surf the web, either. Well, If I have had any viruses, I've not noticed.

The "best virus I've seen would have to be the "I love you" virus. My friend contracted it and was attempting to reformat his Hard Drive. Unfortunately, in order to reformat the drive, he had to enter the name of the drive so that DOS would recognise it. The virus (apparently) caused the name to be totally screwed up, and he was asked to enter some very unusual characters and symbols which - as far as we could tell - weren't even available on his keyboard.

Peegee
05-13-2004, 09:17 AM
One of my roommates left town for the weekend or something once, and we (ex and I) installed ad/spyware searchers and an antivirus program:

ad/spyware = God knows how many, probably 500-600 instances of whatever.

antivirus = 2 viruses only, but some 1600 files were infected. Holy crap.

Psychotic
05-13-2004, 11:29 AM
I don't know if this is true or not, but my friend was telling me about a virus that's pretty cool. It gives you one of those pop up messages saying "Spin cycle starting" then it turns the computer's fan on, and then another one pops up saying "Your hard drive is completely clean". I don't know if it's true or not, but if it is, then it's my favourite!

Andex
05-13-2004, 11:55 AM
I NEVER get virii

Me neither, because the word doesn't exist. Perhaps you are thinking of 'viruses'?

Holy crap, I made a typo, maybe i should go search for your posts and point out some of your :love::love::love::love:ing typos.

PS
Virii is an irc/internet slang word for the plural form of Virius.

Psychotic
05-13-2004, 11:58 AM
I'd PAY to see you do that. PG's love typoes.... xD

Random Tonberry
05-13-2004, 11:59 AM
My fav virus isn't even a virus, it's the virus myths, like TeddyBear. I don't know if any of you remember TeddyBear, but it spread rather quickly.

Millions of emails were forwarded saying something like 'OMG, there's a really bad virus going around and Norton can't fix it! What you have to do is search for file named JDBGMGR.EXE. If this file is on your computer you will see a teddy bear next to it. THIS IS THE VIRUS! DELETE NOW!!!'

And many idiots went right ahead and did just that. Well JDBGMGR.exe is legit, it's involved in running some Java programs. You deleat it and Java's not gonna work right for ya. No real biggie, but it's funny. I mean, why spend all that time writing up a virus when you can easily throw ppl into self destruct mode with a simple email.

Meat Puppet
05-13-2004, 12:00 PM
I don't know how virus becomes virii, but in my mind, virii sounds like a plural of virus anyway. Or something high tech.

I once had a virus that changed your IM programs to display everyone as online... it was horrible and at the same time comforting. I'd never felt so loved in my life. All the 8 people on my msn were online at once :love:

Oh, and I gotta agree quickly that those worms are quite crafty buggers

Maxico
05-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Favorite virus? I like the one that the fat dateless weirdo who still lives with his mother at the age of 28 and uses linux 'cause he is a "1337 h4X0R" made.

Peegee
05-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Want typos? I AM IS TEH TIPE GUD FOR YOU LOL HAPPY FUN JUMP!

dictionary.com used to have a 'usage note' for 'virii', which lists about two words where 'i' is a correct pluralisation of a word, which does not include 'virus'. A proper example would be cacti.

Baloki
05-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Fav Virus? It had to be the old word one that went around and uninstalled the evil paper clip and replaced it with Einstine who then went nuts and began quoting greek mythology at you all the time, even after you closed word, it was so cool. I so wish my computer had caught that!

The most hated Virus of mine? Windows ME or the 'Helpful' Paper clip.

*Rereads part of his post and falls over laughing as it reminds him that what he has just typed is the exact same quote taken from him by Something Aweful*