PDA

View Full Version : LS building

Citizen Bleys
05-14-2004, 05:29 PM
I can't seem to find any info on allakhazam on this:

I'm in a linkshell on one of my chars, and there's a couple of people I'd like to invite in--Where do I go and what do I do to get linkpearls that go with my LS? (Primeaux on Alexander)

Secondly, supposing I want to start one of my own, how do I go about doing that.

I don't want to ask on my LS, because I want to reimburse the guy who gave me my linkpearl, and those folks are too all-around nice to let me know a realistic price on what those buggers cost.

Ichy
05-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Linkpearls themselves don't cost anything, they are made from Pearl Sacks which are also cost free and made from Linkshells. The Linkshell can also create single pearls. Unless you were charged some lame membership fee there shouldn't be anything for you to reimburse ;)

To start your own Linkshell, this is where the money comes in. The thing costs 8K. When you buy it you can trade it around, but once it's been "opened" (used) it becomes EX. The vendor who sells them in Windy is at the boat-dock-shops place in Port. Not sure where for other cities.

You create pearls by going to "Linkshell" on your menu, selecting the LS you're equiped with, and then assuming you have a Sack or a Shell you select "Create Pearl". The new pearl will be placed in your inventory, which you can then trade to whoever is the recipient. Note that a pearl can be traded back and forth multiple times before it has been equipped. This means that you can give it to someone to give to someone else. Handy if you have a member you don't trust with a Pearl Sack who happens to be going somewhere there's annother member who needs a Pearl. Not sure if you can trade them after they've been equipped on someone, but I think it would be amajor breach in LS security if you could...

Lastly, to make Pearl Sacks, or in essence designate recruiters/moderators to your LS, select "Linkshell" on you menu again, go to the LS in question, and select "Linklist". Here you'll see everyone currently logged in with a pearl from your LS equipped. Anyone can do this, btw. From this menu the Shell Holder can select a user and choose the option "To Sack". Similarly they may select a Sack Holder and demote them in the same manner. There is also annother option available to Sack and Shell holders when selecting users on this list... "Kick". You can imagine what that one's for ;)

Garland
05-15-2004, 05:13 AM
I only have a single moderator/linksack holder in my linkshell group. The player is a real life friend. I'm never adding more moderators. The point of a linkshell is to separate the players you like from everyone else. I don't invite just anyone to my linkshell. The first requirement is that you be on my friend's list for one thing. My linkshell, at least, is like a top tier friend's list. Anyone who requests it can be in my friend's list, but not anyone can be in my linkshell. Keep in mind that whenever you equip a link item, you see all the dialogue of everyone else chatting linkshell mode. If you don't want to be bombarded with spam, be careful who you invite. I only have 6 members in my linkshell group at the moment, and I'm not rushing to fill out my numbers. Quality over quantity is probably a good mantra here. Anyhow, that's my 3 cents. Hope it helps.

Learza
06-02-2004, 08:09 PM
linkshells are a great thing. with these babies no need to have a frndlist. ive found the frndlist to be flawed...i see a frnd runnin in front of me on my screen but accordin to the list is not on... nehow...if u want to rid urself of ls spam...just dequip it for the time u wish to be left alone...duhhhh.... ezy fix..