PDA

View Full Version : 1 stupid question

Megami
05-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Look at your nickname yeah :D what does it mean and why did u chose it? I will tell u about mine I luv manga and anime so i started to do some research abowt japanese words and i found megami that means goddess and i loved that word and there was also an anime called ah my goddess - aa megami sama but i have neva seen it but thats ok lol what bowt u

Lindy
05-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Tokki got bored of calling me by my real name.

Rainecloud
05-14-2004, 09:53 PM
It's from a story I'm in the process of writing. I created the name myself.

Peegee
05-14-2004, 09:56 PM
It's esoteric. You wouldn't understand.

Okay you will: we determined in grade 10 geography that cows go 'ner', not 'moo'. :D

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-14-2004, 10:08 PM
God came down from heaven and whispered it into my ear.

Kirobaito
05-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Uh...I was tired of naming myself Sephiroth09 and stuff, so I came up with this.

SeeDRankLou
05-14-2004, 10:15 PM
I joined this forum after my like fourth time playing FFVIII, and I was trying to make some nickname that was FF related because I was looking at all these names and I thought it was a theme, so I gave myself a special SeeD rank, and I made it Lou instead of Louis to keep it one syllable, like SeeD and Rank. Although, I did neglect to capitalize the D in SeeD, and I've just been too lazy to fix it.

m4tt
05-14-2004, 10:28 PM
God came down from heaven and whispered it into my ear.

So what about Zell's Fists of Fury? :D

Mine is a character from FFVI, I am unoriginal.

Shlup
05-14-2004, 10:55 PM
I don't know. :)

escobert
05-14-2004, 11:05 PM
My name maybe?

Meat Puppet
05-14-2004, 11:09 PM
There was a fly on the wall and I squished him, but I think it was a her, (if flies have genders) since eggs or maggots or whatever oozed out from the corpse. SO I wiped them up with an old Meat Puppets CD (which was unfortunately scratchy anyway) telling the meat puppets they had came back into good use, so I decided to use the name. :cool:

Strider
05-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Best video game action hero in the free world.

Flying Mullet
05-14-2004, 11:22 PM
It just sounds good. :cool:

Mikztsu
05-14-2004, 11:30 PM
Couldn't think of anything when I registered, so I just used my real-life nickname. Typed a bit differently though ( Miksu).

Shadraque
05-14-2004, 11:49 PM
My name is the main character in the book, "Danger boys" (which ALL of you should read by the way. It's a biblical name, although spelled differently.

Also, Spaceman Spiff was already taken. :)

Angyles Cerddoriaeth
05-14-2004, 11:52 PM
my name is welsh for "angel of music", comes from my obsession

Yamaneko
05-14-2004, 11:59 PM
Some crappy Japanese video game character, based off some crappy Japanese word. I don't know why I still use it. I should change it to some Russian cat name.

Maxico
05-15-2004, 12:00 AM
Mine is the name of my unsucessful/non existant company. And my old screen name was horrible.

Psychotic
05-15-2004, 01:01 AM
Mine comes about because I am a well-mannered, pleasant and upstanding member of the community. I like to help old ladies across the street, and into meat-grinding facilities. I often enjoy teaching young children to read their own suicide notes as I slash their eyes out, and also I adopt orphan puppies, take them home, give them love, and then take them to the park, throw them some sticks of dynamite, etc.

Ouch!
05-15-2004, 01:04 AM
Tokki got bored of calling me by my real name.
She's still around?

My friend came up with mine. Some people think it's a combination of my first, middle and last names, but that's purely coincidental.

Rase
05-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Hmmmmm... well, let's see. There was that guy in FFVI who was a Dark Knight before turning into a Paladin, who was named Cecil Harvey.

Thunday Man
05-15-2004, 01:19 AM
Ubles char from FFT

Erdrick Holmes
05-15-2004, 01:22 AM
Best video game action hero in the free world.

Umm, no that says "Strider" not Ryu

Mines is my IRL first name

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-15-2004, 01:31 AM
i forgot...

...i think i just made it on the spot...

Leeza
05-15-2004, 01:32 AM
It's just my Russian name.

Bandgeek
05-15-2004, 03:31 AM
I'm a bandgeek....oooh oooh I tried out for drum major today!!!!!!

crono_logical
05-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Tales of Phantasia

Calliope
05-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Some crappy Japanese video game character, based off some crappy Japanese word. I don't know why I still use it. I should change it to some Russian cat name.

Stalin vs Thatcher :mad2:

Mo-Nercy
05-15-2004, 09:16 AM
I wanted to make the phrase No Mercy sound cool.

Rye
05-15-2004, 01:43 PM
My old name was Rikkuyuna89, but I felt that sounded dumb, so I changed it to the nickname BoB came up with in chat: Rye.

Silmaril
05-15-2004, 02:55 PM
i hate elves. yeah, i do. no-good goody-goodies. i've read all parts of LOTR and the Hobbit and i just think the elves are too "blonder-than-thou" for words. but in the Silmarillion they proved that, they too, are completer imbeciles.

(did i write "imbeciles" right)

Lord Xehanort
05-15-2004, 03:04 PM
OMFGROFLMAOSTDPIEBBQHOBBITSEX! (sorry PG)

4n53/\/\ i5 7h3 (001357!!! (OMG I can't type in 1337 to save my life)

Ansem is the coolest!!!

*gets shot for crappy 1337 job*

Rusty
05-15-2004, 03:21 PM
everytime I join a site they force you to think and create yet another username....so all round I stuck with this one on everysite..i choose it coz i love the rusty surfbrand and im no angel so I dont no where that came from (its just one of those names that every has and sounds good next to anything) and 777 is more interesting to use coz people can analyze you easier and determine how crazy u really are.

Dante
05-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Well, I always use either Dante, or my real name for forums/chat/etc. And since my real name was taken (Joel) I used Dante (I most likely would have ended up using it anyways, as I usually only use my name if Dante is taken) Dante Alighieri was an Italian poet, he wrote The Divine Comedy. Now that Devil May Cry has came out, everyone thinks that's where I got the name from, so I constantly have people in chat (IRC) switch their names to Sparda, etc when I join a room simply to try and say "Hey! I know where you got your name from!" lol. Oh well.

Xander
05-15-2004, 03:46 PM
I dunno, I just liked the name and called my main guys in FF Xander then it just got attached to me. And yay I love my name, so many variations too: Xandy, XanXan, Xandoo, wheeeee, it rocks.

Baloki
05-15-2004, 04:18 PM
I chose Denmark because its such a cool country :D

BG-57
05-15-2004, 06:19 PM
An original character I created out of online gaming. It's an intelligent machine that's blue colored, hence B(lue) G(olem) number 57. I always assumed I chose the number because it looks good, but I think now I was influenced by the Heinz company and their '57 varieties' of ketchup. :D

My original avatar was of the FFVI Esper Golem, which made more sense, but I couldn't resist tying in Zero Wing quotes with FF.

Dixie
05-15-2004, 06:40 PM
I picked the name Dixie because it sounded nice. I like Kristal, too.

GrimmReaper
05-16-2004, 03:53 PM
I cannot even remember what provoked me to pick this name.

Free Spirit
05-16-2004, 04:43 PM
I think I got bored of being called AngelOfDoom so I just decided to pick this screen name because it fits me because I am very outgoing. :D

fire_of_avalon
05-17-2004, 04:15 AM
Some off shoot myth I was making up for some one at one point in time. I go through periods of liking and disliking it.

Agent Proto
05-17-2004, 04:27 AM
I registered as Agent Proto. It's a combination of two screen names I had in the past

<b>Agent</b>BS and <b>Proto</b>cool.

I changed my name a few times in the past.

Once to plain Proto, then I was urged to change back to Agent Proto.
Another time to Preton. People thought it was dumb so I had it changed to Agent Proto again.
One time, I decided to play a trick on some people and changed my name to Seifer 007 to see if I could fool anyone. xD Didn't work, so I went back to Agent Proto.
Now, I'm Protozoa. I used to be called this when Britt was around. In fact, he was the only person to ever call me that. xD So I decided to be "hip" and have Protozoa as my name. I don't think I'll change it back to Agent Proto like I had done in the past with my other changed names, but if anything, history will seem to repeat and I'll once again be Agent Proto. . . But don't count on it right away.

CloudSquallandZidane
05-17-2004, 05:13 AM
i never thought about it... it just seemed like a logical choice at the time when i had finished only these three ffs.

Casey
05-17-2004, 05:21 AM
aliases'

Lenny-> Because I like the name

Contract Killer aka C Killah-> Ive used the name in various fps shooters online, since two years ago. Inspired by the movie Contract Killer starring Jet Li, not very the best of Jet Li's movies. Theres even a rap about it, but Im not going to share that with you guys since ya'll hate rap

noname-> I use this because I dont really want a name sometimes...

Brian The Pink Shark
05-17-2004, 08:58 AM
some guy at school used to call me it and it pissed me off, so me and my friends changed it to my official nickname :choc:

Rostum
05-17-2004, 11:17 AM
I got it from a fantasy name generator on the web... I use it in FFXI too... nothing too special about it really.

sephxangel
05-17-2004, 12:10 PM
well...in simple terms here's how it went...

sepiroths_angel : too long so i decided to shorten it.
sephangel: it needed something so...
sephxangel: added the "x" and it was perfect!!! that's how my name came about.

Ichy
05-17-2004, 12:16 PM
My screenname in almost every online game I play is "Ichnameist" (no I don't speak German well enough to hold any kind of conversation and yes I know "Ich name ist" is poor grammar). People just call me Ichy, it's shorter and less confusing for them to type.

DMKA
05-17-2004, 12:19 PM
Well, I was playing Devil May Cry at the time and it had became my fav game at that point, and I still feel that game is kickass.

eternalshiva
05-17-2004, 12:20 PM
lol

I made mine cause I love Shiva and she's in nearly all the Fantasies, so she's eternal in my books xD

ooo eternalshiva

Iceglow
05-17-2004, 05:22 PM
mine simply cause I was Fallen_angel and then I found out how many other people with Fallen_angel out there and changed it by adding 666 to the end really it could of been any number but I decided to go with a negative symbol cause that came from RP I played a character that a friend wrote a brilliant history for (a short story or longer ish ~ novelle possibly might just be under) well the thing is my character was a demon but I didn't want to be a typical vampire ect and so we came out with the fallen angel as my first choice and a drider as my second (also has a good human form) the history posed me not so much as a fallen angel of heaven but more one thrice cursed, cursed for leaving heaven in the service of satan, cursed again for leading a rebellion in hell and thirdly cursed to lead out a mortal life on earth where the end of this life leads only to purgatory. hence the 666 part makes actual sense (according to many it doesnt) I am cursed by heaven therefore I am a Fallen_Angel but I am also cursed by hell therefore I am the Fallen_angel_666 viola explained in a long winded matter. :moomba:

Rool
05-17-2004, 06:51 PM
i watched the movie Willow one too many times and my favorite character in that movie is Rool the brownie. "Beer! hahahahahahhahaha!" - Rool

Misfit
05-17-2004, 07:12 PM
I. Don't. Know.

I think it was because I was thinking of that song from Rudolph when that deformed toy sings about being a misfit, or something.

Yay I'm deformed! ^_^

Halifax Housewife
05-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Guess.

Giggles
05-18-2004, 04:49 AM
I think mine explains itself.

Jewels
05-18-2004, 05:31 AM
Well, I don't sparkle...It's just a different way of spelling Jules.

Sephex
05-18-2004, 03:47 PM
I made it up because I wanted a RPGish sounding name. I use it online too. It means nothing.

Polaris
05-19-2004, 11:05 AM
I don't know it just come into my head so I thought Hmmm Mydreamslaredy would be nice! Before I post this name I've posted Adeselna, you know Adeselna form "A Revolução das Deusas"? My book! So anybody else has it so I thought that it was a good name!

Mattokenzi
05-19-2004, 12:57 PM
I chose BBHood (character from Marval Vs Capcom 2 I don't know the games she is basicly from, Joel might know he is a capcom junkie) and I was born in 1986 so... I'm BBHood86.

Iceglow
05-19-2004, 04:53 PM
a few months back i thought of changing my sn for ever and one of the alternatives I came up with was "Iceglow" cause if you look at Ice in bright sunlight it seems to glow from within and it looks really cool but I dont know my old RP one or Iceglow what do you guys think? (yeah that is a question to answer)

Evelia
05-20-2004, 01:18 AM
I used to play this game called Gemstone III (www.gemstone.net), which is a text-based multiplayer RPG (or I think they're called MUDS? Not sure.) One of my characters was named Evelia.

I'm thinking about changing it, though. I don't like it anymore.

BG-57
05-20-2004, 12:42 PM
MUD is the correct term. It's short for M(ulti) U(ser) D(ungeon). They're mostly for roleplaying.

These are different from MUCKs, which are short for M(ulti) U(ser) C(arnal) K(nowledge): despite the title, many are not. Some have roleplaying aspects but it's not required.

A third term is MUSH, which is M(ulti) U(ser) S(imulated) H(allucination). I think they are simular to MUDs.

Very confusing.

Mr. Graves
06-05-2004, 06:32 PM
I wanted an alias other than Unclesimpson. I was a fan of the Misfits on August 31st (my registry date.), so I chose Mr. Graves.

It's since been my main forum handle on-line.

TasteyPies
06-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Um.......I like pie heh

Mei
06-06-2004, 02:02 PM
'Tis a reversal of the intitals of a forum name I had long time ago.

blue_midget192
06-06-2004, 03:09 PM
mines basically from Red Dwarf :) tis one of there small transport crafts. tis lue adn small, there fore blue midget and it had been taken in hotmail so i added 192 to it *shrugs* dunno why :confused: just a number that i put together.

Female Ryuichi
06-06-2004, 03:55 PM
It's a tale I have told many a time, but I'll tell it again.

A long time ago, I was registering at my first forum. I was going through an Vincent Valentine obession phrase, so I decided my name would be valentine_4_ever. However, I was tired and ended up spelling it valetine_4_ever, and it stuck.

I'm probably going to change it now.

Ki Ki
06-06-2004, 04:32 PM
It sorta resembles my name...it does, but not reali.
Actually my name is Kyi. Ma Sis calls me Kyikyi(chichi).
But i liked Ki Ki. So now you know my story.

P8
06-08-2004, 03:09 PM
My real name is Paul, and in some strange kind of why, which i dont feel like explaining, became P8, But since a friend of mine's nickname is 8, i usually call mysel P8 II. II because of my starsign, and in Roman II means 2, which you all should know :p , which resemebles my cheap way of copying my friend's nick a bit.