PDA

View Full Version : I got an autograph from someone famous!

Dixie
05-15-2004, 04:30 AM
I got an autograph from Matt Savoie!

Does anyone know who he is?

He's a very famous figure skater that came to the H-F Ice Arena for the Ice Show we have every year. He was our guest skater.

Peegee
05-15-2004, 04:41 AM
*blank stare*

I used to have a signed comic book. I have like...three signed comic strip compilations now.

:D

Ouch!
05-15-2004, 04:43 AM
I once got Steve Garvey's autograph. Caught him on his way out of the john at the homerun derby.

Kirobaito
05-15-2004, 04:46 AM
Bruce Coville signed my copies of Aliens Ate My Homework and I Left My Sneakers in Dimension X

Calliope
05-15-2004, 04:57 AM
GRAHAM COXON SIGNED MY COPY OF 'HAPPINESS IN MAGAZINES'!!!!!

Oh wait. HE DIDN'T BECAUSE I'M NOT IN LONDON AND CAN'T GET HOLD OF HIS CDS BECAUSE GOD HATES ME.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-15-2004, 05:01 AM
i got an autograph from the person who does gohans voice from English translation of dbz in an anime festival!?...

Del Murder
05-15-2004, 05:44 AM
I have The Rock's autograph. *wins*

m4tt
05-15-2004, 05:46 AM
I've gotten autographs from Junior Seau, John Carney, Rodney Harrison, Stan Humphries (all chargers at the time)

Jim Carrey, "Weird Al" Yankovic..

Rainecloud
05-15-2004, 08:17 AM
I have autographs from Rob Van Dam, Kane, Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle.

crono_logical
05-15-2004, 08:27 AM
I have no idea who he is. Nor do I see what's so special about getting someone famous person's signature :p

Miriel
05-15-2004, 08:35 AM
I got a bunch of autographs from the cast of LotR at the LA premier but now it seems a bit silly that I went through such a hassle to get some ink on paper. I should've taken pictures instead, although I did get a picture and a hug from Dominic Monaghan which was quite enjoyable, he smelled lovely :p

I've seen quite a few celebrities around Los Angeles and Hollywood but I hardly ever approach them, it just seems rude to try and snag an autograph when they probably want to be left alone. I saw Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie filming at my local Ikea a couple weeks ago and everytime they stepped out of the building they were swarmed by fans, I felt bad for them.

Meat Puppet
05-15-2004, 08:53 AM
I got a signed rugby ball, but it was actually signed like, when I was a young baby and I don't even know who it was signed by. *throws at wall*

Calliope
05-15-2004, 09:00 AM
omg it was Colin Fields!

Mikztsu
05-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Nope, I've never even asked for an autograph. I just feel it's stupid to ask people to write their names on paper.

I have The Rock's autograph. *wins*

:mad2:

Skogs
05-15-2004, 10:28 AM
Hmm. Let's see. I have a signed Washington Bullets t-shirt. Can't remember the players who signed it, though. I also have a Rod of Ruin (Magic Card) signed by the artists, and I used to have a Dakkon Blackblade signed by Richard Garfield.

But now I kinda agree with Arche. What's so good about a signature, anyway?

Meat Puppet
05-15-2004, 11:58 AM
What's so good about a signature, anyway?

It was written by someone famous, be that not enought? *faints* ?

Rye
05-15-2004, 01:21 PM
"Weird Al" Yankovic..

*jealous*

I got one from a guy from a basket ball team. Not a very famous one. I think they were called the Wizards, but I'm not sure. I lost it. xD

TheAbominatrix
05-15-2004, 01:27 PM
I dont bother people for their autographs, I think swarming celebrities is rude. However I would like to go to a book signing if Hunter S Thompson actually has one. I'd love to have a signed edition of one of his novels.

Breine
05-15-2004, 01:43 PM
I have an autograph from a famous Danish handball player (Now trainer) named Anja Andersen... And that's about it.

Shlup
05-16-2004, 09:22 AM
I have Mickey Mouse's autograph somewhere. I'm so cool.

Mikztsu
05-16-2004, 09:31 AM
I dont bother people for their autographs, I think swarming celebrities is rude.

Yeah, and I don't see it only rude, but I also see people who are chasing them stupid. :) I agree that some autographed book, sports card or jersey is different, but a name on piece of paper feels like something I wouldn't keep.

Psychotic
05-16-2004, 03:05 PM
OK, I so own all of you. On famous person day back at my school in 1994, I got the autograph of the Mayor and not one, but TWO football (soccer...) players who won the FA Cup for Coventry City back in 1987. *win*

Dixie
05-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Now someone I know took a picture of me with him!

He has a nice butt, too.;)

Leeza
05-16-2004, 05:07 PM
I won a hockey jersey that has been signed by all of the great old hockey players, like Frank Mahavalich (sp). I have to actually get the jersey out to see who else is on there because I can't remember them off the top of my head. There are about a dozen signatures on it.

Xander
05-16-2004, 08:01 PM
I have no idea who he is. Nor do I see what's so special about getting someone famous person's signature :p

Ditto. There's some people I'd like to meet, such as Craig Charles but I'd rather just get a chance to talk to him than have a bit of paper with his name on.

Lindy
05-16-2004, 08:04 PM
I don't have any autographs, but Charlie from the awful "band" Busted did have the imprint of my fist on his face for a while after I punched him at a gig I went to that he just happened to be.

Oh sorry, "accidentally punched".

Squires
05-16-2004, 08:20 PM
I have the American Declaration of Independence in my garage somewhere. That's got some famous signatures on it.

fire_of_avalon
05-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Bart Simpson signed my hand at a minor league baseball game once.

I have since washed that hand.

sephxangel
05-17-2004, 12:35 PM
i have a t-shirt signed by Bucky Lasek, Dennis McCoy, Kevin Robinson, Ronnie Faisst & um...damn...it was the guy who hosted the boom boom huck jam...can't remember his name...Rip something???

sephxangel
05-17-2004, 12:37 PM
sorry i remember now it was Rick Thorn....

eternalshiva
05-17-2004, 12:39 PM
I have Mickey Mouse's autograph somewhere. I'm so cool.

Yeah... but it's not the REAL Mickey Mouse, just some wanna be MM :*(
:love:

Iceglow
05-17-2004, 02:21 PM
have autographed posters of Disturbed, Evanescence and Lostprophets on my walls all of them I met personally at gigs or a bar in central london where every one famous hangs out (lucky me I know some one who works there anyone say guestlist? :D) I also have a book of other autographs containing; The Darkness, Bowling for soup, Simple plan, violent delight...and other random famous people such as Frank Zappa (not got in person unfortunately but a neighbour got it for me) and Stallone (movie premiere) and last one of the top of my head has to be a drunken encounter with a rather attractive woman in said bar in london who when I checked the autograph turned out to be a woman of brittish television (gail porter)