PDA

View Full Version : Tricking stuff out

Erdrick Holmes
05-15-2004, 03:44 PM
Tricking out is somewhat defined as adding on unessesary stuff to an object just for looks and stuff, like putting hydrolics on a car, all they do is make the sucker bounce up and down.

As much as I'd hate to admit it but my computer, it's sorta tricked out in geeky kind of way. It's got a skin for everything. Winamp, Windows Media Player, etc. And I got some sound schemes that are deemed cool sounding, like when I get an error message the sound of Kefka's laughter from FFVI plays, whenever I log off you hear a clip of Strong Bad saying "It's about time, why don't you go outside or something... nerd."

So have you ever tricked anything out?

Logan
05-15-2004, 05:40 PM
My ceiling fan has a disco ball hanging from it.

Rainecloud
05-15-2004, 07:04 PM
My LiveJournal is pretty "Tricked Out", as you can see.

Other than that, I don't really customize things. I'd like to, though.

White Raven
05-15-2004, 07:11 PM
On my computer I have Seinfeld music when it boots up and shuts down. Back in University I kept one of every liquer bottle and every Tim Hortons coffee cup and made decorations out of them. But I think that was out of pure boredom.

DeBlayde
05-15-2004, 08:10 PM
My car used to be tricked out in the inside. then it got thrashed when I went to college for a semester. note for people with cars: NEVER LET YOUR LITTLE SISTERS WITHIN TEN YARDS OF YOUR CAR WHEN YOU"RE NOT THERE!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

but that's ok, cuz my car got old and busted and I sold it. so now I ride around on my bicycle. which is good for ya. and it's got some baskets and other doodads on it so that I can carry stuff on the bike and not my back.

does that count?

if not, then I have something that really really really counts. see, when moved outta the dorms, my roommate was my best friend whom I'd grown up with. He used to have LAN parties at our apartment and invited a whole buncha the guys he worked with. these guys had WAY too much money to burn. I think they mostly still lived with mommie and daddie, but they'd have all these water cooled CPU's, LED's all over the place which served no purpose whatsoever, overdriven CPU's, there was this one guy who had a whole bunch of blue lights inside his computer casing that shown out through every crack and crevice. Me, I'd have spent the money on food. or swords. I like swords.

anyways, funny guys, them. I sat in on a couple of the parties, even though my unimproved computer was orders of magnitude not as powerful as theirs were. I got much worked on shooter games, but owned everybody once we busted out the strategy games. yeh yeh yeh. :D I rock at the Warcraft. all must bow to my destructive ski'lls.

Peegee
05-15-2004, 10:27 PM
My computer case is acrylic, it has lights, 3 case fans, and what-not. Of course it doesn't work cuz I b0rked it.

:D

Mr. Graves
05-15-2004, 10:56 PM
I once had Kill Bill themed icons on my LJ for a period of time. Something about 53,756 other people on-line have done.

Rye
05-15-2004, 11:05 PM
I probably have at one point of my life, but I can't think of anything at the moment. :eep:

LH
05-16-2004, 04:22 AM
I trick out everything I own.

Shlup
05-16-2004, 09:12 AM
I've had desktop themes and stuff, and my bedroom is done-up somewhat with stuff I like and some DIY additions, but nothing I currently have is totally "tricked out."

Peegee
05-16-2004, 10:10 AM
I trick out everything I own.

Please tell me how to trick out my underwear.

Baloki
05-17-2004, 06:46 PM
*cringes at word* and I thought Chavs didn't know how to type (j/k'ing)

Well for my computer it has the silly lip over a useless gap so I want to get one of those computer strip lights to shove under it :D