PDA

View Full Version : If it could be...

White Mage Nico
05-15-2004, 05:39 PM
If Square added a mission that had the same story as any of the older ff games, which would you want it to be? I would want FF6! Or FF7..ack :eek:

Citizen Bleys
05-16-2004, 03:18 PM
FF1, definitely. I'd love to go after Astos in a FFXI-like interface.

Plus, FF1 is the story best suited to a MMORPG-style interface. The others have distinctive playable characters, where FF1, like FFXI, allows you to choose your own class/name. You wouldn't have to have 3,000 Cecils running around all the time trying to stay in character--In FF1, like FFXI, you are the main character. Not Cecil, not Butz, not Terra, but you, however you decide to play. FFXI's base classes already mirror those of FF1, it's already got support for a party system, and it would be easiest to write FF1 in the style of FFXI. (i.e., Party A beats Astos, goes to talk to Matoya, gets the HERB. Party B shows up at Matoya's doorstop, can't get the HERB because although Astos has been killed, he hasn't been killed by them.)

White Mage Nico
05-21-2004, 07:27 PM
What I meant was like... having a mission, you wont see like bunches of other players running around! Like, on the same server, in a new world? well that would take up space lol majorly...

Flying Mullet
05-21-2004, 08:40 PM
I think that there should be a quest like in FFX where you have to wander halfway around the world to figure out a password to give to someone (like the airship in FFX) and it opens up an area for you to explore, expect there is nothing special there.

Lionx
05-22-2004, 02:11 AM
Whats the point in that? -.- That would just piss players off...

Flying Mullet
05-22-2004, 04:38 AM
Exactly.

White Mage Nico
05-22-2004, 01:33 PM
ok...what if they added a mission, that was like a new ff game, with save points and such, and would not get players angry, it would be like um.... the out door areas would be the world map! And youd get a lil map on the right down corner of your screen, then indoor areas like horutoto could have save points, of course... they would have to add new areas >.< and...new areas only ppl in that mission could go to! like when you get the mission, you are transported to a new world map, a new game, of course, its an online game, you would want friends... so maybe they could play roles of other characters? :eek: already see a problem... more than 1 person might be doing the mission

Lionx
05-22-2004, 10:16 PM
The point is that most FFs of the past...those storylines cannot be used without screwing this current one up and screwing it horribly becuase theres more than one person doing this and making it too easy or hard.

Theres already an alternate world you can temporarily go to, Dynamis for lvl 60+ players.

White Mage Nico
05-24-2004, 11:18 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Well... What if they added something like an area? I would want them to add Temple of Fiends, I think in the port of ff1, there were some items hidden in there, it would be cool to atleast have that lol

:) :p :D ;) :cool: :rolleyes2 :tongue: :greenie: :love: see? they like my idea with the temple of fiends!

EDIT: Please do not double post, especially since your second post was as spammy as it was. -Murder

Lionx
05-24-2004, 11:25 AM
There are many places with items :p

Castle Oztoja has coffer and chests that randomly spawn rare items..Temple of Ulaggeth(sp) is riddled with TonBerries but has rare items and mission things to do inside them. There are plenty of areas actually with the things you described, hell the Palborough Mines, Giddeuous, Horutoto Ruins, and Ronferre's Tomb, areas really near newb lvling areas already have hard monsters and rare chests and items to be found in em(go deeper in, i guarantee that you would die in em unprepared).

There are already plenty of areas describing what you said..adding more will just make our heads hurt for having to kill more mobs that drop coffer and chest keys at an incredibly low rate that can take days even with THF :eep: :eek: :mad2:

I propose more battling areas for Ballista!