PDA

View Full Version : Prom

Andex
05-15-2004, 06:23 PM
So my Senior Prom is tonight. Going to be pretty cool, I bought a nice tux, riding in a stretch limo to the place.. after that is party!

anyone else prom'ming it up?

Erdrick Holmes
05-15-2004, 06:27 PM
I'd go to prom but I invested my money into some games and stuff, and the only girl I wanna take to prom dislikes dances. So on prom night I'm just gonna sit around and hang out. But even if I did go I'd just lean against the wall like Squall, sipping champaighn and not saying a word, of course I'd liven it up and slip some hard whisky in the punch when nobody is looking.

Loony BoB
05-15-2004, 06:44 PM
The only prom I've ever gone to was at EoFF.

I've had a school ball, though, which is effectively the same thing.

Rainecloud
05-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Like Bob, I've only ever "attended" an EoFF prom.

I guess I'm not missing too much. ;)

White Raven
05-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Heh, prom. Now that I look back at it, it wasn't my greatest investment, paying for a suit, flowers, limo, and a crappy dinner/dance. But hey, nothing falls faster than a prom dress :p

Logan
05-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Going next year, and only for the dress. I'll probably leave after 15 minutes. I hate dancing.

TasteyPies
05-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Dancing is nothing but a tribal habbit, lets just get rid of it.

Besides that it looks stupid, i cant believe how people today can call that shuffling and flinging of arms ect. dancing.

Only form of dancing that looks good is the kind at the seed ball.

Jebus
05-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Didn't go, and from what I heard from everyone I knew, it sucked and I'm glad I didn't.

Peegee
05-15-2004, 10:25 PM
"tribal habbit" (sic?) dancing is the best kind. Just because you can't dance :D

HS prom might not be much (it's just a dinner and dancing gala), but imho it's not different than old people eating dinner and dancing.

The difference is people don't know how to dance haha

Mr. Graves
05-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Didn't go, and from what I heard from everyone I knew, it sucked and I'm glad I didn't.

Ditto that. Add up the fact that it costed money better spent on other things, and you have my thoughts on it.

Del Murder
05-15-2004, 11:20 PM
I went and did not have a very good time.

Peegee
05-15-2004, 11:22 PM
It's definitely better to spend the money on other things, especially if you like to have fun. I tend to think girls should take the 300-400$ they spend on prom and buy a lot of clothes.

But they don't. Silly girls

Ouch!
05-15-2004, 11:25 PM
It's prom night here as well. I'm not going, I'm only a freshie.

gokufusionss1
05-15-2004, 11:28 PM
i'm too old for these things even if i wasn't british

Yamaneko
05-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Mine was last week and I didn't know. It was in Hollywood somewhere, so it must've sucked.

Mikztsu
05-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Wow, this is amazing. Sounds like some kinda "Prom sucks" meeting ( Like an AA-meeting). :) Just get drunk and it'll be funnier.

We don't have Prom in Finland, but we have something similar ( Vanhojen tanssit) and I loved it. :)

Peegee
05-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Not everybody likes to dance, or to go to social situations where dancing is the norm. This thread just weeds out all the people PG won't bother visiting.

Shoeberto
05-16-2004, 12:31 AM
I'm a freshman and girls don't like me anyway :((((

Hold me, PG.

Peegee
05-16-2004, 12:32 AM
ewww, Boylove :(

*holds Hsu*

OOC: you're a freshman wtf?

Shoeberto
05-16-2004, 12:43 AM
OOC: yes freshman wtf liek 9th grade y'know

TasteyPies
05-16-2004, 12:45 AM
So why not change the prom from a dance into a casual party?

Peegee
05-16-2004, 02:51 AM
"Parties" are the after party stuff you go to, that have no parents, probably a buch of crazyness and fumbling, if you know what I mean.

The Prom is a school-sanctioned event. Think about it.

DeBlayde
05-16-2004, 07:51 AM
(busts out the grampa shawl and spectacles)
boy back in the day, I went to my highschool prom. First dance I ever went to. Couldn't dance, and I was under the mistaken impression that everybody else could. so never asked a girl. But, it was senior prom, and I figured, what the hell. so I asked a girl, danced for hours in shoes designed for not dancing, rubbed my poor date's feet because she was fool enough to wear heels and we danced for about 3 hours. Had a blast! stinky feet notwithstanding (hers, not mine) It was much cool fun!

ok, it was only 6 years ago, but still. that's a hay-ll of a long time.

Meat Puppet
05-16-2004, 09:01 AM
My prom is in two weeks, and yes I've got a date. I'm going to go out of theme but not be myself either. I'm cool :cool:

Shlup
05-16-2004, 09:16 AM
My prom was three years ago on April 21st, and it was my first date with my current boyfriend.

I had a date with a guy I'd been seeing. We'd had a crush on each other since 7th grade and I was really starting to like him, but when I found out BJ's girlfriend was suddenly going with her boyfriend that BJ didn't know she had, I asked him before I knew what I was doing. I felt bad for ditching my other date, but BJ and I ended up enjoying each other's company entirely too much. We didn't shack up in a hotel or anything, but we slept at the beach.

Stupid cheesy romance drap. :p It was awesome.

SeeDRankLou
05-16-2004, 09:20 AM
I've gone to five proms in my life. My first was when I was a freshman. I tutored the homecoming queen in math for the TASP test, and she passed. Her boyfriend broke up with her one week before prom, and she took me to make him feel stupid. My sophmore year, a similar situation happened in which a junior friend broke up with her boyfriend and took me because I helped her in Spanish class basically all year. My junior year I went alone. My senior year I went with my friend. And the year after I graduated one of my friends who was a junior when I was a senior asked me. All in all, I had a good time at all of them.

Peegee
05-16-2004, 09:24 AM
That's great and all (it really is. I like the story of you going with the HCQ in your freshman year), but how are you allowed to go to the prom if you aren't a senior (your junior year you went alone, and your soph. year you went with a junior).

I was under the impression proms (at least one member of a 'date') were reserved for seniors. Oh well.

SeeDRankLou
05-16-2004, 09:26 AM
At my school, you could go if you were a junior or a senior, or if you were the date of a junior or senior, which was the case in my three non-junior/senior years.

Harmless Pigeon
05-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Oh god! Last prom I went to me and my date both turned up shit faced :D:D:D and we got turned away. lol Everyone was messed out so we all went into a club and got even more shit faced. The school didn't understand why no one turned up lol.

MecaKane
05-19-2004, 07:50 PM
I had fun at my prom, yes.
Like 50 people in a big circle, arms interlocked, singing Bohemian Rhapsody. <333

frr_vegeta
05-19-2004, 08:30 PM
I went to see Lewis Black perform in "The Egg" in Albany, NY. Some HS was having their prom there that night. He made sure to make fun of them as well.

muchacho
05-19-2004, 08:41 PM
i didnt go this year cause im a sophomore, but i did want to go to the after party. but next year i'll go.

Lord Xehanort
05-19-2004, 08:43 PM
I am a Sophomore so i couldn't go to prom. I'm not even sure if I will go to my Junior or Senior Prom at all. It's just another dance, right?

Evelia
05-19-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm a sophomore. I could have gone if a junior asked me (and the guy I like happens to be a junior, but he took my also-sophomore friend.) Oh well. It probably would have been awkward anyway. :)

I'll most likely go with my friends next year if I don't have a date. I like dressing up although I don't like spending a lot of money.

Denmark
05-20-2004, 03:05 AM
I went to see Lewis Black perform in "The Egg" in Albany, NY. Some HS was having their prom there that night. He made sure to make fun of them as well.

omg when was that? And was the prom actually at The Egg, or just in Albany? cuz I live near Albany :D

Didn't go this year as a sophomore (could've gone if someone had asked me) but I'll probably go next year.

AaronD
05-20-2004, 04:39 AM
Mine was may 15th too...prom was great then went to prom party...good times getting drunk and my band played there too...around 500+ people there...HUGE party

sephxangel
05-20-2004, 12:47 PM
My junior prom sucked (and i had a date) my senior prom was actually fun...we stayed at the hotel it was held in and went swimming and messing with people. hten my friend went and grabbed my other friend's skateboard and threw it into the pool...lmao it was so funny. then this drunk guy came up to us and asked us if we thought he was ok to go swimming...he was slurring his words and stumbling (you get the picture) he lost his bablnce and fell in the hot tub lol :eek: :D

Roogle
05-20-2004, 02:11 PM
I don't care for things like prom. I tried to remember what I was going to do while prom was going on so that in a couple years, when people askme, I could say, "Well, I was doing this..." but I forgot what I was doing when the prom was. Actually, I don't even know WHEN the prom was...

Dreamtiger42
05-20-2004, 02:14 PM
We just had ours over here in sunny old england :) it was propa bo!