PDA

View Full Version : zzz worst proper ff game zzz and why? zzz

aeris2001x2
05-15-2004, 08:02 PM
i bet ff8 will win this but i,m sure it should be ff2. the combat, training, characters, plot r all below par imho. i,m just wondering how many who rank ff8 as the worst have played ff2?

sorry 4 this topic but i,m in a REALLY INTENSE FF2 HATING MOOD :mad2: ! so intense 5 mins of it gets me scratching at my bedroom walls desperate 4 solace. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :cry: :eek: :confused: :eep:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-15-2004, 08:25 PM
I used to hate FFII, but once I got past the first part (finding Prince Scott), I started to love it. FFVIII is definitely worse.

Outsider
05-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Final Fantasy 8 by far.

It sucks so much that I want to vote for it again.

Del Murder
05-15-2004, 09:07 PM
II is the 'worst' one that I played, mainly for the level up system.

zacks_clone
05-15-2004, 09:13 PM
i didnt like the plot of X at all.It was just to predictable.VERY predictable...

But i hated X-2's plot even more...

but i liked both the leveling systems...

I dindt like 8's leveling....So i think X wins this for me

Ultima Shadow
05-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm..... can't decide if i should go for ffII or ffX2. :eep:

Dignified Pauper
05-15-2004, 09:29 PM
I was stuck between FFII, VIII, and X-2... through a long, complex, mathematical computation involving logarithms, derivitives, integrals, and cycling a graph, I voted for VIII.

aeris2001x2
05-15-2004, 10:21 PM
lol indelacio, you must have not used correct calculus, trapezium rule and mechanics or u would have come out with ff2. j/k.

TasteyPies
05-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Anyone who doesn't vote for ff2 or ffx-2 is a doodey

Whats wrong with ff8?!?!?!
I can answer that. NOTHING!

aeris2001x2
05-16-2004, 12:29 AM
lol there is alot wrong with ff8 but it is still a vastly superior rpg com pared to most and its biggest advantage over ff2 is that the characters have personalitys, ff2 characters r like sum thin from a sat morning american cartoon.

Ultima Shadow
05-16-2004, 12:39 AM
I voted ffX2. I didn't feel i could vote for ff2 because i haven't relly played trough the whole game, i'm just about in the middle of the game. I got too bored to play trough it all... but still i feel that i can't vote a game i haven't finished. And ffX2 relly pissed me of to. :mad:

aeris2001x2
05-16-2004, 12:50 AM
lol its no surprise ff2 and ffx-2 r my worst ffs.

strangly though i rank ff8 slightly higher then ff1. i came 2 this via as non a bias review of the two games as possible. i concluded ff8 has major flaws and major genius points and ff1 just remained good but not reaching life changing proportions.

actually ff2 gets much better later but the first half is so poor and boring that it brings the whole game down alot.

and i have no idea what they were thinking with ffX-2 but at least it was fun and not painful 2 play.

DocFrance
05-16-2004, 01:40 AM
Quit whining about FFII. It's not like anyone is forcing you to play it.

If you don't like it, stop playing.

aeris2001x2
05-16-2004, 02:31 AM
lol dont be such a grouch. :p

and in answer to your point, i have an un healthy compulsion to master every normal ff, including ff2.

anyway i,d rather vent my anger on here then smash my origins pack and lose ff1. and i,ve made it one of my goals in life to get ff2 offically proclaimed as the worst instead of ff8.

Felldoh
05-16-2004, 02:37 AM
I didn't like V much. Sure it had a great class system, but it just never made me addicted, unlike the other games (Yes, even II).

Takara
05-16-2004, 05:09 AM
Wait, the characters in FFVIII had personalities? :p

Kirobaito
05-16-2004, 06:36 AM

Nah. Well, not consistent ones.

I voted for VIII, reasons already stated.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Haven't played FFVIII, so I voted II. I don't like the "level up" system, and the monster placement/balance is horrible.

aeris2001x2
05-16-2004, 11:08 AM

lol with the exception of squall they had awful personalities. but i prefer awful personalities to NO personalities...cough...firional...cough...gus...

Mo-Nercy
05-16-2004, 11:24 AM
I liked the characters of FF8 because they dressed fashionably. Looks like they're all wearing designer label clothing imported from the FF8 world's equivalent of Milan.

The only downside I saw to Final Fantasy VIII is that it's take slightly longer to type the title out. :D

I like them all. *doesn't vote.*

aeris2001x2
05-16-2004, 11:35 AM
but still vote the worst! being worst does not make it crap, just think of it as voting 4 your least fav.

Inuyasha23
05-16-2004, 05:05 PM
i didnt like the plot of X at all.It was just to predictable.VERY predictable...

But i hated X-2's plot even more...

but i liked both the leveling systems...

I dindt like 8's leveling....So i think X wins this for me

FINALLY!!! A VOICE OF REASON!!! Final Fantasy X was the dumest thing i've ever laid eyes on. kick it out of the series in fact it should be renamed to preserve the series. what we're they smoking when they made his game. and why do you people hate 8?

Lord Chainsaw
05-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Gee, I was torn between Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy X-2.

The fact that every single character in FF X-2 annoyed me in some way or another edged out my severe hatred for the forced job classes in Final Fantasy III by just a hair.

UltimateSpamGrover
05-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Even though II, and VIII , and X and X-2 are the worst by far. There is one thing that is worst of them all

FINAL FANTASY V.

Very crappy translation

Ultima Shadow
05-16-2004, 08:55 PM
every single character in FF X-2 annoyed me
I feel the same. :mad:

Mr. Graves
05-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Final Fantasy 9. Too much extra stuff that wasn't really needed, and the plot was overly cliches at times. I enjoyed the past FF references, but beyond that it didn't really whet my whistle the way 5, 1, 7, or even 8 did.

Xander
05-17-2004, 11:34 AM
I don't know about the worst but FFVIII is the most boring, I think, so I'll go for that.

m4tt
05-17-2004, 03:02 PM
VIII.

I've saved myself by not playing II, since I've heard bad things about it. I do own it though.. >>

Rusty
05-17-2004, 03:23 PM
what is wrong with ff8? its the best! i'm gonna vote for 10 coz tidus annoyed me with that voice of his...

Kegsay
05-17-2004, 04:20 PM
VIII.

It's bad, it sucks, the personalities are non-existant. It's just bad in too many ways.

EDIT: Oh yeah and have you seen the World Map?! I never knew the world was a big bunch of overly sized blocks (well pixels but hey!).

However, I have noticed that many FF fans either:
Hate FF8 and like/love FFX
OR
Love FF8 and hate FFX

Now, why is that?

aeris2001x2
05-17-2004, 06:09 PM
lol if u thought ff8 was boring, play ff2 ZZZZZZZZZ.

i guess i must be the exception since i love both ffx and ffviii.

on a side note i,m surprised ffIII hasnt got voted 4. its a good game but is essentially a rehash of ffI. I still wish they would release it though, why couldnt they have released it instead of ffII :mad2:

Super Christ
05-18-2004, 01:46 AM
Meh, I've played all of them, and I've beaten all of them on that list except X-2 and XI, and I've liked them all quite a lot. So I can't vote for any bad ones.

As for least favorite, I'd say VII and X-2. VII, for two reasons: first and foremost, because it's the most overhyped one and the one that'll get the most people to disagree with me. Second, I still had no clue about Clouds past when it was done. Was he a clone? Was he some rank and file soldier? I don't think it made it very clear Then X-2 because the ending for X was fine as it was, until that video on International came along, pretty much requiring them to make a sequel.

zacks_clone
05-18-2004, 02:25 AM
go to the neibhlahm basment if you havent.if that scean dont clear it up,re-play it.:P

Dragoon Kain
05-18-2004, 02:34 AM
so far ive liked all the ones ive played.. dont really have any ones i dislike. and i loved ffx. yes at some parts i was annoyed (YUNAS VOICE RAR) but it was still a great game and i enjoyed. ff8 so far is a pretty fun game. im still on disc one though so my opinion might change but so far i like it. (im at the unknown king tomb thingie) ff7 was good a little confusing but good. final fantasy 9 is really fun. i like the characters. square put a lot of variety in those and i think they turned out great (VIVI :)) i havent played x-2 yet so i dont know about it. ff6 so far is pretty good but not my favorite but definately still a good game (im not that far in it. only to ifrit and shiva) ff5 although i am not far (just about to get my second jobs) is fun so far. ff4 is definately my favorite ff game ever made. it was so great. I LOVED IT :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: and kain has to be the greatest character ever :) ff3 i havent really played yet although i have it just havent got around to it. ff2 i have played a little. its ok. too many random battles. and ff1 i havent played much but i like being able to choose my party. all in all i dont really have one i dislike. they are all good. sorry bout the long post :aimblush:

aeris2001x2
05-18-2004, 09:28 AM
ff7 is not over hyped, its under hyped! only if every one in the world recognises it as the greatest thing humanity has ever created will the game be done justice lol.

Lord Chainsaw
05-18-2004, 09:29 PM
ff7 is not over hyped, its under hyped! only if every one in the world recognises it as the greatest thing humanity has ever created will the game be done justice lol.

I agree with that completely.

Trumpet Thief
05-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Personally, I voted for nine.

Just one thing to say, although FF8 was my favorite FF, let everyone be entitled to their own opinion. Lots of people find the junction system a pain in the butt, but others find it the best system FF has ever had.

Sorry, I just had to say that.