PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision song contest

gokufusionss1
05-15-2004, 10:43 PM
Yes it's that time again when europe brings out there most talentless and tuneless pop stars, and terry wogan takes the mick out of them all classic tv to drink cider too.

Skogs
05-15-2004, 10:52 PM
All the women looked like men and all the men acted like women.

*shudders*

jrgen
05-15-2004, 11:47 PM
I kind of liked Serbien Montenegros song though.

Mikztsu
05-15-2004, 11:52 PM
That contest is just for amusement. I mean most of the songs are so horrible, that they make you chuckle. :)

jrgen
05-16-2004, 11:51 AM
It is so horrible because no songs are made for the purpose of being a good song.
They are all made by someone who just want to win Eurovision song contest.

Lindy
05-16-2004, 10:03 PM
The only thing of possible note is that the Belgian entry was performed by some group or person called Xandee.

More of an insult though, because it was pretty terrible I hear.

Xander
05-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Xandee yay they have good taste in a name at least :D

Brian The Pink Shark
05-17-2004, 08:48 AM
I don't like that sort of music but i can normally pick the winner, and this year was no exception i thought the Ukraine would win and they did :-) but i wanted norway to win their song was the best :choc:

Breine
05-17-2004, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I saw it too. Too bad that Denmark didn't make it through the semi-finals, but then again... the Danish song wasn't that good.

The girl from Sweden, Lena Philliopson, had a pretty good song and she was really hot as well! :D

jrgen
05-17-2004, 03:06 PM
The best music was without a doubt the turkish folkmusic played after all the contestants songs.

Breine
05-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Jrgen: I agree with you there! The drums and the beat was amazing.

Psychotic
05-17-2004, 08:01 PM
I thought Malta had one heck of a funny entry. Seriously, the guy in it, oh man...

Anyway, go Ukraine and all that. Even though I'm not Ukrainian. Hmm.

Chaos
05-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Eurovision....that time already...*sighs*
I missed it this year, although I hear UK did terribly as always, damn political voting.

I really want to see some crazy OTT stoopid stuff going on, you know, spandex's, clashing colours and comedy dance routines. If only it was thr 80's again.

Chaos

Doc Sark
05-19-2004, 01:33 PM
It was an absolute farce. An absolute farce. Without any kind of bias, I can safely say that James Fox's song was the best by miles. But due to the Balkans all voting for eachother, and the Eastern Bloc all voting for eachother and Scandinavian countries all voting for eachother, the UK as well as France, Germany, Spain, etc never have a chance. It's a joke. They should limit the amount of entrants to 18, have regional 6 regional qualifying rounds with six countries in each in where only people from that region can vote. Take the top three from each region to go in the competition, then only alllow those involved in the competition to vote, this would reduce political voting a lot I think.

Polaris
05-19-2004, 03:31 PM
It was horrible!!!!!! I should be there representing my country!

We will win!

At least is what I think!

jrgen
05-19-2004, 03:36 PM
the UK as well as France, Germany, Spain, etc never have a chance.
I found those countries song bad anyway.

Most people seemed to like Ukraine.
Serbia Montenegro had the best song.
Greece had the boy which all little girls voted for.

I think it would've ended with those songs in the top 3 no matter which countries performed them.

You can't compete in music anyway so I don't think this is a very big issue.

gokufusionss1
05-19-2004, 03:54 PM
on a side note israel is part of this competition, someone remind me where in europe is israel?

Rainecloud
05-19-2004, 05:13 PM
It's all biased poop.