PDA

View Full Version : Hate Gamecube? Explain yourself.

Rase
05-16-2004, 09:38 PM
While I'm not a fanboy (PS2's got FF and some other nice titles, as does the Xbox have Halo and other goodies) I always here peeps comlaining about the Gamecube. Post why ya hate it and we'll see if I can get a respones that suits ya.

RSL
05-17-2004, 03:25 AM
I don't hate it at all. It is my favorite of the current systems.

Agent Proto
05-17-2004, 05:03 AM
I don't hate it either. :)

Kirobaito
05-17-2004, 05:12 AM
I don't hate it. I don't have one, but I still don't hate it.

Rase
05-17-2004, 05:31 AM
I didn't say EVERYONE hated it. I've just heard peeps complaining about it, both in real life and on the boards *cough* TastyPies *cough*.

Casey
05-17-2004, 05:49 AM
I dont like gamecube, my pc game engine is better. I just like the idea of just upgrading parts of your computer then buying a whole new console every 2-3 years a new one comes out...

Peegee
05-17-2004, 07:07 AM
My ex bought it for me, along with my roommates. But my ex spent like 500$ of her money on it.

So by hating it, I am taking a 500$ gift and not caring about it.

Okay that's a bit incomplete. I just don't have the good games for it, like RE or whatever GC has that's good.

Rostum
05-17-2004, 07:14 AM
I would get it, but I don't have the money to buy it and the games, nor the time to spend on the games. Otherwise I think it would be great, probably alot of fun games - Nintendo make alot of fun games (eg. Mario Party).

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-17-2004, 08:42 AM
GameCube is a-okay. It's that damn XBox that sucks.

Rostum
05-17-2004, 11:27 AM

Agreed, my friend has all these games for it... I've played them... and they all bore me! "Get rid of that damn forsaken X-BOX!" I keep saying.

Mo-Nercy
05-17-2004, 11:37 AM
I prefer PS2. Better games, but I'd give Gamecube a chance. Except the controller for GC is like so strange. How can you play Soul Calibur 2 with that thing, honestly. At least PS2 controllers slightly resemble something useful.

Xander
05-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Gamecube has fun cute games, Harvest Moon, Crystal Chronicles...I want one!

metCloud
05-17-2004, 02:18 PM
I dont hate but it is the worst for me....the only good games for it are the ones Nintendo makes themselves and the controller is just stupid...Stupid I Tell You!!

Erdrick Holmes
05-17-2004, 02:26 PM
You need to quit talking to the peeps man. Marshmellow candy is bad company to hang out with.

m4tt
05-17-2004, 02:59 PM
Way to add some imput, Joel..

I don't hate it, I just don't want to buy it. I am lazy to the max, and it's hard enough just turning my ps2 on. I don't want to have to unplug stuff just to switch systems. :(

Rase
05-17-2004, 03:05 PM
I dont like gamecube, my pc game engine is better. I just like the idea of just upgrading parts of your computer then buying a whole new console every 2-3 years a new one comes out...

Well, can't really argue that. But I was going for a more of a "I like PS2/XB and GC sucks" thing. None of the consoles come close to a maxed out computer.

I prefer PS2. Better games, but I'd give Gamecube a chance. Except the controller for GC is like so strange. How can you play Soul Calibur 2 with that thing, honestly. At least PS2 controllers slightly resemble something useful.

I just have a special power to use any Nintendo controller without a problem. No, seriously.

I dont hate but it is the worst for me....the only good games for it are the ones Nintendo makes themselves...

First, don't count out the RE series, as well as some other great GC exclusive titles. But, I have a question: Why is it bad that Nintendo makes good games? Shouldn't this be a good thing? Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart :Double Dash!!, Mario Party 5, Legend of Zelda: wind Waker (the boat sailing wasn't good, but the dungeons were fun)... shall I go on?

You need to quit talking to the peeps man. Marshmellow candy is bad company to hang out with.

Uhhhhhhh... Huh? Sorry, but what does this mean? :confused:

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-17-2004, 03:58 PM
It's not a bad system, but my 12 year old sister uses it more than I do. I'm more into RPGs and the Playstation 2 has a MUCH better selection of those.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-17-2004, 09:05 PM
The GameCube controller was designed with something called ergonomics in mind. So, while it may look strange, it's incredibly more comfortable than a PS2 or Xbox controller.

Shlup
05-18-2004, 12:51 AM
Its small and cute and comes in pretty colors and has pretty controllers and has all the best games and hook-ups. I love my GC.

Del Murder
05-18-2004, 02:22 AM
GC is best with a few buddies, PS2 is best alone. GC also of course has the great benefit of having sole rights to all of Nintendo made games, the greatest game making company ever. I don't own one but I might have to after I got a glimpse of this new Zelda.

escobert
05-18-2004, 02:48 AM
Agreed. i hate the x-box so much but the GC is ok. I like some of the games but I'm more of a PC person.

Sephex
05-18-2004, 03:55 PM
I don't really have a favorite system. I will admit that I do like Nintendo as a company the best though, despite some poor decisions. So yeah, I have a Cube, PS2, and X-Box. And I love them all.

Mr. Graves
05-18-2004, 09:30 PM
I like the Gamecube because it has familiar faces, and a lot of it's games that I've played are ones that have not disappointed me. It had the best version of Soul Calibut II.

I definitely need more GC games.

Dj Flow
05-18-2004, 09:51 PM
I have all the games systems and i dont hate the game cue i got one

Chzn8r
05-19-2004, 02:56 AM
If anyone doesn't own a GC yet (even though it's cheap, it has dozens of amazing party games and unique solo adventure games, and promises a load more fun to come this year because Nintendo owned E3, and all the games they previewed will rule), you should get one :) And I don't see the problem with the controller. It perfectly molds to your hand, all the buttons feel just right. And so many other nice things about the gamecube :)

Vermachtnis
05-19-2004, 03:04 AM
I like the Gamecube, it has Metroid Prime and Wind Waker. I agree the X-Box sucks. People say Halo is good, I've played it and I thought is sucked. People say Metroid Prime is good, that's a huge under statement. Prime is the #1 reason to own a gamecube.

gokufusionss1
05-19-2004, 05:33 PM
I LOVE GAMECUBE
enough appreciation for you?

omnitarian
05-19-2004, 07:38 PM
As you can see, I'm generally proud of the reception the GC gets here.

Although I must point out that anybody who complains about the controller has obviously never used it.

Lindy
05-19-2004, 08:27 PM
I <3 mine, it's platinum and I got with Wind Waker.

It's my favourite console now, I have the most games for it too, 10 games in total.

FF:CC, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Twin Snakes, Soul Calibur 2, Phantasy Star Online, Skies Of Arcadia Legends, PN.0.3, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil.

The graphics are nicer, smoother, and you get the option of 60Hz on almost every single game, which is very good (what with me living in England, which has 50Hz, a setting I just cannot live with mostly now, letterboxed AND slow speeds, tisk tisk).

The controller is far more comfortable than any other, even more so than the N64 controller which was one of my favourites. The PS2 controller is too small, the XBox controller is too big, the GC controller fits my hands perfectly.

The only problem I see is that the games take up so much damn memory card space, and the 251 block cards cost loads. I know they're bring out a 1000 block card, or something like that, but then it just seems too big.

But overall, it's just such a wonderful console, and I'm a Nintendo kid, always have been, switched to Sony and Final Fantasy games for a while, but then I just went back to Nintendo like the good old days of the SNES and N64.

Oh, and Metroid Prime has the most PERFECT controller setting, so there.

edczxcvbnm
05-20-2004, 07:15 AM
Next game purchase = Tales of Symphonia(its a cube game). It comes out in July and is an RPG. Its kind of like Star Ocean only it does suck and isn't slow as dirt.

Rainecloud
05-20-2004, 07:31 AM
I don't hate the Gamecube by any means, I just don't particularly like the games that have been released for it so far. Mario Sunshine disappointed me, Wind Waker bored me to death, Blue Storm was a mere shadow of it's predecessor, Luigi's Mansion was a super cop-out, Metroid Prime sent me to sleep with a killer headache (and mega boredom) and Resident Evil was too difficult. Don't pay any attention to my opinions, I'm just not really into games these days.

I enjoyed Def Jam Vendetta, though. ;)

Iceglow
05-20-2004, 03:34 PM
I suppose I don't hate the console it does have some good games on it - FFCC and P.N.03 also the MGS twin snakes is quite nice (the same game as the first but MGS2 graphics). However the nintendo has serious flaws the memory cards are expensive and hold very little data compared to the X-box HDD and the PS2 memory card, why use the block system of the PS1? Also the control is not very well designed ok I know sony has the best one copyrighted so it cant be copied and you can buy an exchanger to make a ps2 pad work on the cube but why the hell do I wanna spend Ł200 on a console and a game to have to buy a Ł30 port changer? so I can use a decent pad. The Game cube over heats if enclosed too much in my room that would mean switching off every half hour or so of gameplay due to the fact that my room is pathetically small and has a lot of things in there also with the heat of the candles I use to light it and the radiator in the winter months it would kill the console in minutes. The cables for the GBA link up are expensive and don't come with the cost then you have to own a Ł90 GBA SP to work it (my GBA for some reason is incompatable with the cables yet his SP is fine?). Also the problems with the discs are that they are small so even insignificant damage to a normal size disc can stop the cube ones from functioning.

I don't hate it but I have to be realistic about it the GC would not be suitable for my room

Agent Proto
05-20-2004, 05:10 PM
wtf about overheating?

My Gamecube doesn't overheat at all. It did freeze on me a few times, but that's so rare that it doesn't bother me at all. :D

If your Gamecube's been overheating, maybe you have a defective Gamecube? :confused:

LH
05-20-2004, 06:27 PM
I bought the Sunshine bundle a while ago and I must say that Gamecube is great. You simply cannot beat it for $100. What else can you get for that much money? A good downpayment for a video card you need to play the lastest PC games? Less than three tanks of gas?

I'll admit that Nintendo games generally lack the depth that you find in other games, but they're such a blast to play while you're playing them. Besides, the Sonic bundle with the Genesis and Saturn Sonic games on it is worth a GC alone.

Oh yeah, my GC is covered in dust and works just fine, every time.

omnitarian
05-20-2004, 06:57 PM
The GC will get kinda hot if you put something right next to its left side. Put I've had my Cube pressed right up against the side of a bookshelf for hours, and although it did get pretty steamy, it didn't seem to bother the games one bit.

There is no reason a GC-GBA cable shouldn't work in an ordinary GBA. I've used my GBA to link with my Cube dozens of times. Either the port on your GBA is dirty, or you're not using it right.

Chzn8r
05-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Xbox overheats more than GC ;) I've never heard of a GC case where there was permanent damage to anything.

Lindy
05-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Plus the Gamecube is one of the most quiet consoles, if it weren't for the somewhat loud disc loading sounds, I'd say it was near silent, just a slight fan hiss.

Compared to the noisy behemoth the PS2 is, yikes, can't play that thing at night or the sound of the fan overwhelms the sounds in the games.

Doomgaze
05-22-2004, 06:57 AM
God, yeah, my PS2 sounds like it has jet engines in it. The cube is almost silent... it's odd that it has an internal speaker, though. Only console I can think of that beeps on startup.

"Besides, the Sonic bundle with the Genesis and Saturn Sonic games on it is worth a GC alone."

Only has the genesis ones, sans Sonic CD :(

Sonic 1-3, S&K, S&K 1-3, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Spinball, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Flicky, and Ristar.

Iceglow
05-22-2004, 02:56 PM
hmm maybe it is how I have to put it in my room but it overheats and freezes up when I have it on for a long time

Vaan
05-24-2004, 08:40 AM
I love my GC. It only cost me (not me exactly, I got it for Christmas) like $90 bucks for the GC + Zelda: Collectors Edition. Where else can you get that value? I have played OoT on it over and over and I just love the upgraded graphics.

I also beat The Legend of Zelda NES for the first time. I find it extremely cool how Link's shield has a cross on it and there is a pile of blood after killing Ganon because it's so unlikely that Nintendo would have that stuff on it's old games.

After getting The Wind Waker, Eternal Darkness, the rest is history. The GC is one of my all time favorites. I think I may get Resident Evil 4 because I think it's a real turning point in the series. I've also got a PS2, but no Xbox. I just don't see any good reason to get it. No Zelda, no FF, no MGS (except substance, but the PS2 version is better), no nothing really. Sorry Xbox people.

square_is_the_best
06-02-2004, 03:06 AM
I don't hate my GC but I'm in love with my PS2 so "my precious" overshadows "my...other precious" Excuse me while I check on the noisy PS2 theory...
OK I'm back. The GameCube fan is quieter but I find the random disc load sounds of the GC more of a nuisance than the slightly louder PS2. Both fan sounds are white noise so it is ignorable. I never noticed the fan on the PS2. Or maybe its because I never compared the two.

But back to the topic. The only reason I bought my GameCube was the multiplayer games so I bought it with 4 controllers (used). But since I'm the only one in the house who plays games, 1 player games are of a larger importance to me, so my PS2 game library is larger. Overall PS2 is better but I don't hate the GameCube either.

BTW, the GameCube controller is by far the most comfortable controller. Every button is within reach. You do have to wrap your hands around the handles more on the Wavebird and the C-stick is too loose but thats it. If you ever got so mad that you threw you controller it would be hard to do with the GC controller because it fits like a glove.

SomethingBig
06-02-2004, 03:15 AM
The PS2 had it's golden age with KH, somehow GTA3, DMC, etc. Now, GC is pushing the PS2 aside and having its golden age. It's dishing out amazing games like Viewtiful Joe, FF: CC, Wind Waker, and soon the new Zelda game. I prefer the GC's controller over the other controllers. It was designed to be perfect for any hand, and it should be. It's not monstrously huge, like the X-Box's controller, and much easier to use than the PS2's.

listentomystory
06-02-2004, 12:36 PM
why would anyone the cube, 2 words for you
zelda windwaker
nuff said

Rase
06-02-2004, 03:02 PM
why would anyone the cube, 2 words for you
zelda windwaker
nuff said

Why would anyone WHAT the cube? I don't see anything. :confused:

Vaan
06-04-2004, 12:53 AM
That's because you're blind.

Rase
06-04-2004, 01:00 AM
Ahhhhh, yes. Thank you, I forgot. *sarcastic*

SomethingBig
06-04-2004, 02:19 AM
Maybe he forgot to add in "see"? :sweat:

Ouch!
06-04-2004, 02:49 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the Game Cube doesn't have enough RPGs, and that's practically the only type of game I play. Though I do wish I had SSBM.

Sephex
06-04-2004, 07:49 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the Game Cube doesn't have enough RPGs, and that's practically the only type of game I play. Though I do wish I had SSBM.It's getting a good one though. (http://tales.namco.com/)

defier
06-04-2004, 01:52 PM
I've been a nintendo fan since way back, but I do own a ps2 and a GC and i like them both. The x-box has never really interested me though.

The only problem with the GC is the lack of rpg's. Skies of Arcadia is a good rpg (although it was originally on the dreamcast), but i'm really looking forward to Tales Of Symphonia. I've been waiting ages for this one!

Starcrest
06-07-2004, 03:01 AM
Ok, first of all, the X-Box does not suck, it's better then GC. Halo ne one? KOTOR? it sells better then the GC ne way. The only thing i dont like about the GC is that it doesn't have voice acting.

Agent Proto
06-07-2004, 03:04 AM
The only thing i dont like about the GC is that it doesn't have voice acting.

You haven't played Viewtiful Joe.

Starcrest
06-07-2004, 03:05 AM
no i haven't....seeing's how i dont have a gc

And wow, one game outta like...a bunch, well, a couple games have voice, but it kinda repeats. but like in ps2 or xbox, it's all there, almost all the games to, so...yeah,

Super Christ
06-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Who cares about voices? We never needed them before.

Bleh. Halo's the only game I care about on the X-Box, and even then I think it's kind of overrated. A great fps for sure, but not *the* fps.

Squall and Rinoa
06-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Quite honestly, I don't like the ethics of console developers, in particular, Nintendo.

Why?

I've had EVERY SINGLE PLATFORM Nintendo has ever created, and three at most at the same time (NES, SNES, N64). Each system was great in it's own right, but ever since the beginning of the console wars, each console has consistently let me down. I would buy the console, have it for a few months with great games for each, then a new console would be unveiled, and thus the production of games for the predecessor consoles would cease. I'm mainly mad about the jump from the N64 to the NGC, if you're not familiar with what I'm talking about. The Game Cube came out what, a year or two later than the N64? In my own opinion, I thought the N64 was one of the greater Nintendo consoles, but after a short period, a lot of games quit surfacing. Now with the Game Cube out in force, it's harder to find better titles for each of the earlier consoles.

Thing is, I've sold all of the Nintendo consoles now that I once owned. My younger brother owns a Game Cube now, but I've lost respect for that company as a console developer. As a video game developer, it's one of the best, but I'd sort of wished that they would have stuck with the 64 for just a bit longer. Made some improvements, a few changes, etc.

I think I'm done.

Cz
06-07-2004, 05:36 PM
The Game Cube came out what, a year or two later than the N64?

Granted, the N64 didn't have a particularly good run, but the Gamecube appeared 5 years after the N64, not 2.

Anyway, I love the Gamecube. It's visuals far surpass that of either of the other consoles, it has a variety of excellent games, many of which are developed in-house, and are therefore exclusive. The controller is fine, and very comfortable to use. It has great multiplayer titles, and doesn't start coughing and spluttering after a year's play, like a PS2. In my opinion, it is the best of the three consoles available right now, and I'm glad to see that so many people agree.

Starcrest
06-10-2004, 03:42 AM
Umm, it's visuals do not surpass every other one...does it have actually waving grass? does it show people reloading or melee'ing in first person shooters? Are the interiors of vehicles so detailed that you can see stuff move?

Agent Proto
06-10-2004, 04:08 AM
Look, graphics don't make the games. It's the creativity and how fun the game is. I don't give a flying crap about graphics. Sure, it'll be nice, but it's not on top of what makes games fun. Sure, Halo may have some good graphics. With the wavy grass and extra-detailed interior of the warthogs, but do I care? No. I don't, because I don't find Halo fun. You may not like Gamecube because its graphics are the sux compared to XBox and PS2, but the graphics on Gamecube are par with both systems. It may not be the best, but some of the games on the Gamecube are superior with the graphics.

Also, with Nintendo doing that. It's not their fault that you can't find old games for past systems in stores like Wal-Mart and Best Buy. Your best bet to find them is at a gaming store, like Gamestop. Also, why would developers make games for an "outdated" system when a new system is out? They gradually stop developing games for the old system and then start focusing on the new system. It's been like that, and it's not going to stop anytime soon. The only real exception is Playstation. There are still new games coming out for it, because of backward compatibility that PS2 has.

Cz
06-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Umm, it's visuals do not surpass every other one...does it have actually waving grass? does it show people reloading or melee'ing in first person shooters? Are the interiors of vehicles so detailed that you can see stuff move?

Yes. Even the technologically-challenged PS2 has those.

While perhaps the Gamecube doesn't far surpass the X-Box, it certainly equals it. The character models and textures are of a very high standard, in my opinion, and while graphics aren't as important to a game as playability, the Gamecube's visuals are distinctive, and give Nintendo's titles a great atmosphere.

Starcrest
06-11-2004, 08:14 PM
I agree to that

Vaan
06-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Also, the GameCube has amazing loading speed. Either that or it doesn't have loading times at all. Take Metroid Prime for example, an amazing game. It NEVER has to take time to load. It's as if you're playing a cartridge based game. Plus it has cool stuff like Gameboy Advance connectivity.

Dixie
06-13-2004, 04:52 AM
Gamecube has fun cute games, Harvest Moon, Crystal Chronicles...I want one!
What about Animal Crossing? That's another one!

I don't like the GC.

I LOVE it!

Lord Chainsaw
06-13-2004, 11:28 PM
First of all, I'm going to take the time to say that none of the systems suck.

I'm a proud owner of all three systems. I like them all, but I have to say that I'm not as impressed with the gamecube as I am with the other two systems.

My favorite game on the Gamecube is Super Smash Brothers: Melee. I also like Viewtiful Joe, Eternal Darkness and Super Mario Sunshine. Games I dislike however, are Metroid Prime, Resident Evil and Windwaker.

Metroid Prime is easily my least favorite Metroid game ever made. I absolutely hated the controls. The control scheme was my major problem with this game. The game itself also just wasn't fun. I wasn't having fun when I was playing it. I don't know what the game was missing. I basically forced myself to finish this game. I will admit though that the final battle was fun though.

Windwaker was a disappointing game to me. One of the many things I disliked about Ocarina of Time was Hyrule Field. Windwaker managed to take that, and multiply it tenfold. While earlier games in the series such as Link's Awakening and A Link to the Past had dungeons that were fun, the Windwaker dungeons were just annoying. Specifically, the undead dungeon with the bird girl. Windwaker is by no means a bad game, but it isn't good either. I suspect that if this game starred any other character besides Link and wasn't called "The Legend of Zelda" it would have been a flop.

Resident Evil I dislike, but it has nothing to do with the game itself. I flat out dislike the entire Resident Evil series. I hate the controls, I hate the annoying enemies, I hate the puzzles, and I hate the storyline. I'm just not a fan of Resident Evil and can't see why it is so popular.

Smash Brothers on the other hand, is incredible. I've logged in hundreds of hours with that game and it never gets old. I love the way the moves are the same. It encourages you to use different characters. You can also take a month long break or so and get right back to where you were without forgetting any moves.

TasteyPies
06-14-2004, 12:25 AM
I hate some systems because they steal games from other systems by saying "only on gamecube" or "only on x-box" wtf you greedy arse-holes you never hear "Only on ps2" do ya!?

Agent Proto
06-14-2004, 12:46 AM
Well, Nintendo is also a developer. They don't develop games for other systems.

American Badass
06-14-2004, 04:29 AM
I hate some systems because they steal games from other systems by saying "only on gamecube" or "only on x-box" wtf you greedy arse-holes you never hear "Only on ps2" do ya!?

Systems don't "steal games from other systems." Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft pay developers money to make console exclusive games (or in some cases, games that can't be ported to another system until a set date). Gaming is a business and some companies will do anything to make sure they get money.

And besides, 95% of console RPGs appear on the PS1/PS2 so you can consider those "Only on ps2 games."

Starcrest
06-14-2004, 04:57 PM
good point

Cz
06-14-2004, 07:09 PM
I think Tastey's point was that Sony don't advertise their games as being PS2 exclusive. However, that's probably because very few of them are worth buying. :D

Starcrest
06-14-2004, 09:41 PM
cept FF of course

SeeDRankLou
06-14-2004, 10:01 PM
One word.....Pikmin. Yes, there are many other good games for the GC, but I love Pikmin. It's so cute. I've beat it at least 20 times and I still love it and am not tired of it.

There is quite a plethora of games to choose from on the GC. Not so much in the RPG department, but still some. Super Smash Bros. Melee is so fun. I have played it for a total of like seventy hours now, and I'm not even close to being finished with it. I like the Wind Waker, and I'm currently still cleaning the drool from the E3 Zelda preview. The Resident Evils look gorgeous, the controls are a little annoying, but I still like the games overall. The GameCube is a good system, Nintendo just took a while before making a game that I would buy the console for.

SomethingBig
06-15-2004, 02:14 AM
Shiva's Effect, seeing as how you don't have a GC, you shouldn't even be passing judgement on it. As far as graphics are concerned, Metroid Prime's graphics far surpass Halo's and KotOR's. Same goes for RE remake and RE 0. Yeah, X-Box has Halo and KotOR. But GC has Metroid Prime, which sold God knows how much the week it came out. It has Viewtiful Joe, which is a brilliant game. It has Wind Waker(same comment as MP and VJ). FF: CC did well. Square-Enix is planning on making another FF for the GC. Don't forget about the new Zelda that's throwing out cell-shading. Words can't and will never express how incredibly that game will sell. For every 3 good X-Box games, there are 5 more great GC games.

Starcrest
06-15-2004, 02:31 AM
quick question, did Metroid win Game of the year? NO, it didn't. Besides, I play enough GC to know, and HALO is far better then Metroid. Bsides, HALO has probably sold more then Metroid. And BFS to ur last statement

EDIT-- Oh, and why are the GC games great, when box's are good? Should b the other way around

SomethingBig
06-15-2004, 03:08 AM
Terrific, KotOR got the game of the year title. Too bad all that means is that it's been recognized. Yeah, I'll admit that I want KotOR, but a system is not worth only 2 games. So far, you've only named 2 good games for the X-Box. The only thing you've backed up your OMFG ECKS-BOCKS R TEH ROX statement is that the X-Box has great graphics, which are paralleled by the GC's graphics, mind you. With your lack of reasons for the X-Box's superiority, you're making it sound inferior, instead of superior.

Starcrest
06-15-2004, 03:19 AM
Fable, Halo2, Kotor2, Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, MechAssautl, NFSU, NFSU2, DOA3, DOA Extreme Beach Vollyball. Pick one. Oh, and did you know someone is making Halo Armor? Do you see anyone making Metroid Armor? Nope, atleast, not that anyone knows about.

SomethingBig
06-15-2004, 03:36 AM
Yeah, making video-game armor sure does show how great a game is. Hey, why don't I make a cardboard-box truck with a character from Big Motha Trucka's? That'll show those jerkface haters how great of a game it is!

Sorry to tell you this, but DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball wasn't much of a game, but rather a softcore hentai-ish dating sim. I also meant X-Box exclusive games. NFSU is for both the PS2 and GC. Halo 2 is also going to be the PC. Most gamers agree that FPS's are much better on computers than consoles. Same goes for the KotOR games. Good job on naming the other games, though. You still have failed to say why the X-Box and its video-games are great.

Starcrest
06-15-2004, 03:45 AM
u've failed to say y the GC is so great to...wow a few games also...oh, i must hide my inthusiasum... :eep:

EDIT--OH, and the HALO armor, is real. This is the article

Featuring blinking lights, a complete fullbody undersuit by Underarmoer, and yes even the Halo human weapons, the suit is silicon molded and then made from industrial plastics. Each peice is coated in a high-graded automotive pain with a metallic base coat, and a clearcoat is the final touch. The whole thing weighs about 40-45 lbs

Oh, and if ur not satisfied with the games i've listed, just tell me, and i'll give u more

American Badass
06-15-2004, 04:40 AM
Here's some of my AAA games for X-Box:

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Full Spectrum Warrior
Knights of the Old Republic
Halo
Panzar Dragoon Orta
Ninja Gaiden
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Tops Spin
Links 2004

Now those are all X-Box exclusive games. Do some of them appear on the PC? Yes. Do I consider my PC a console. No. 9 times out of 10 if a game comes out for a console and the PC, I'll buy it for the console because while my PC will probably play the game better, I'll be more comfortable playing the game on my console, since I can lay in bed while playing the games on any of the current consoles.

As far as impending X-Box titles go, three out of six RPGs I'm waiting for are released on the X-Box and will be X-Box exclusive (read: they won't be appearing on any other console).

Fable
Jade Empire
Knights of the Old Republic 2
Halo 2 (currently I haven't heard about a release for the PC, though it will probably come)

And as far as games that appear on all three systems, I will usually buy it for either the Gamecube or the X-Box depending on the control scheme and availability since I usually wait a few months before buying a new game.

And as far as this pointless debate over the X-box and Gamecube goes (which sounds more like a fifth grade fight) I'll just say a few things. Firstly, I swore to myself I'd never get an X-Box, and I did a pretty good job doing that until Panzar Dragoon Orta was released. I played a five minute sample somewhere and was dying to get the game, but refused to buy an X-Box soley for one game. Then Knights of the Old Republic was released and I wanted the X-Box even more. But I still held firm even though I saw a few upcoming titles that I found interesting. Then I played my first 16 person Halo multiplayer party. I said f*** it and went out the next day to buy my X-Box, Halo, KotoR, and Panzar Dragoon Orta. Am I dissapointed? Hell no. The only thing that dissapoints me is that I have more X-Box games than I do PS2 games, and I've had the PS2 almost three years longer than my X-Box.

Starcrest
06-15-2004, 04:04 PM
End of argument SomethingBig

Oh, and u 4got Prince of Persia u silly lol

Del Murder
06-16-2004, 04:41 AM
I think each system is tailored to a specific genre. XBox for action games, PS2 for RPGs, and Gamecube for multiplayer. I don't care much for action so I don't care for XBox but I like the other two.

Chzn8r
06-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Metroid Prime is easily my least favorite Metroid game ever made. I absolutely hated the controls. The control scheme was my major problem with this game. The game itself also just wasn't fun. I wasn't having fun when I was playing it. I don't know what the game was missing. I basically forced myself to finish this game. I will admit though that the final battle was fun though.

Metroid Prime's controls are some of the most perfect of any game to date, everything you do feels so flawless and smooth... any action is just second nature playing that game (of course this is also due to the Gamecube's amazing perfect-fit controller).
As for fun... well that's subjective, but I have a hard time figuring out any reason why someone would have absolutely no fun playing that game. I, along with countless other friends, online aquaintences, game reviewers, magazines, online game sites, and more agree on the amazing, near perfect or even perfection in every aspect of this game, and it's being not only Gamecube game of 2002, but game-of-the-year 2002, best or one of the best Gamecube games, and to some, one of the best or the best video games ever made, period.
Indeed, like I said I find it odd how someone could hate the game that much as you do.

Starcrest
06-18-2004, 02:03 AM
Metroid's a fun game yeah. IMO i'd take HALO over Metroid

Chzn8r
06-18-2004, 04:04 AM
Where do you make the comparison? They're different games to play for different reasons- just have both! :)

Starcrest
06-18-2004, 04:16 AM
that worx to

FleshMask
06-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Let's see...

here the list...

1) No online play... I stress again... NO ONLINE PLAY!!
2) All the stupid "Mario" games...
3) All the big head fuzzy animal games
4) The chunky controllers
5) It looks like Fisher Price made it...
6) It lacks the ability to play CDs
7) It lacks the ability to play DVDs
8) It sometimes lack the ability to play it's own games...
9) The Game Boy Advanced is needed to play some games...
10) One Word: POKEMON
11) The unfortunate shape... Not slender enough to fit between VCR or DVD player. To bulky to fit anywhere.
12) You CAN NEVER FEEL MANLY carrying the fruity tastless "lunchbox".
13) When you're competing for all your friends attention...
You Are ALWAYS gonna lose to X-Box or Playstation..
14) There's no Grand theft Auto for Game Cube... There'll never be...
15) There's no Halo for Game Cube... There'll never be...
16) The sales of Nintendo dropped in America to 99$ and the Japanese market stop making them... (FORETOLD DOOM???)
17) Chances are the ONLY reason you got a Game Cube, was you wanted to play LINK in SOUL CALIBER.
18) The desire for a game that involves guns, massacre, and violent stuff... How many Mario games give you that?
19) You make music with the PS2, with the Music Maker games... or Dance with Dance Mix revoltion... X-Box have some things that are the same. Game Cube does not...
20) Game Cube doesn't have the cutting edge graffix
21) The Christian Mothers Coalition love Game Cube... Yippee!
22) No one complains about Game Cube games being violent...
23) You can set stuff on top of your X-Box, and the PS2 you can play sideways... Game Cube... Well... Opens on top.
24) You can play several versions of cartoon Go-Kart Racing for Game Cube... yippee!!!
25) When you Game Cube is a great system...
You gotta Ask Yourself...
WHO ARE YOU KIDDING? HONESTLY???

Super Christ
06-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Bleh.

1. Valid point. Well, if you care about online play anyway. I certainly don't.

2. Sunshine was a letdown. It was the first major mario game that was a letdown, I'd say.

3. YAY! Animal Crossing is teh roxxors.

4. Ergonomics. I thought they looked funny at first too, but it took no time at all to get used to them.

5. Doesn't even deserve a response. What does that have to do with how good the system is anyway?

6. That's what I have a CD player for. And a CD rom in my computer. In fact, I've got so many things that DO play CDs, the last thing I need is another.

7. That's what I've got a PS2 for. Or my DVD player. Or my DVD rom. See point 6.

8. Any examples?

9. A grand total of 1. Maybe two, if Four Swords needs it.

10. Gotta catch 'em all! All depends on what genres you like.

11. The X-Box is also too big to fit anywhere. Unless you use it as a coffee table. You're gonna have to find a spot for any system you get, really.

12. Wha? Manly has nothing to do with it.

13. If that's the case, they aren't your friends.

14. Nor should there be. I have found the series only good for when I feel like goofing off without a goal. Summon a tank, blow things up, and I'm good for a while.

15. Halo's overrated.

16. Hardly. It's getting to be an old system, along with the X-Box and Playstation 2. What's why all three companies are working on their next systems.

17. Or play Smash Bros. Or play Metroid. Or play Legend of Zelda. Or play...

18. How many of you really want that in every game, and why aren't you getting therapy?

19. You can make music with your PC. And actually give it to friends. Or burn it to CD.

20. Has better than PS2, which makes sense because it came a year or so later. And it's just as good as the X-Box. Besides, graphics don't make the game.

21. And that matters... how?

22. Which is a good thing. And these people haven't seen Resident Evil.

23. Which means I'll never press the open button and wonder why it's not opening. And I can take my games out without turning on the system. By the way, how'd you like the original Playstation?

24. Only one version matters though. Mario Kart owns them all.

25. May I quote, in relation to the hole 'kiddy' games thing, "I think that I've had enough of the 'kids games', 'adult games' thing. It completely misses the point. Are they afraid that playing a game with colors in it will make them a dork? Well, that boat already sailed. You play videogames? Welcome to Dorksville. You want to know how cool your videogames are? Ask your girlfriend how cool. And if you don't have a girlfriend? That's part of the test." (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2001-12-14) Plain and simple, don't worry about how you look to other people when you play videogames. Even if it's a 'dark', or 'mature' game, people still think you're a dork.

Agent Proto
06-18-2004, 09:45 PM
Let's see...

here the list...

1) No online play... I stress again... NO ONLINE PLAY!!
First of all, who really needs online play when you can have LAN, which is just as fun, and less costly as online play.

2) All the stupid "Mario" games...
Not all of the "Mario" games are dumb. I can't blame you for not liking Mario.

3) All the big head fuzzy animal games
There's one, yes, but what other "big head fuzzy animal games" are you talking about?

4) The chunky controllers
Have you held onto it? I doubt you did if you think it's chunky.

5) It looks like Fisher Price made it...
Again, your opinion. Not fact.

6) It lacks the ability to play CDs
7) It lacks the ability to play DVDs
First of all, do you buy a console to play music and movies and games at the same time? No. Nintendo is actually smart and is game only. Meaning that they can sell their consoles for less than the competition.

8) It sometimes lack the ability to play it's own games...
I don't know what you're talking about? Again, your opinion. Not mine.

9) The Game Boy Advanced is needed to play some games...
Yes, that's true, because it's often necessary to play multiplayer and enjoy the game even more.

10) One Word: POKEMON
First of all, not everyone likes Pokémon, but some do. It's quite enjoyable, but it's not the best thing, yet it's a money maker for Nintendo.

11) The unfortunate shape... Not slender enough to fit between VCR or DVD player. To bulky to fit anywhere.
12) You CAN NEVER FEEL MANLY carrying the fruity tastless "lunchbox".
Again, that's your opinion.

13) When you're competing for all your friends attention...
You Are ALWAYS gonna lose to X-Box or Playstation..
That's just dumb. Some people prefer playing on a Gamecube because there are more fun multi-player games for it. Unless they're all like you, a Halo-Junkie who'll diss another company just because it doesn't have Halo.

14) There's no Grand theft Auto for Game Cube... There'll never be...
15) There's no Halo for Game Cube... There'll never be...
You think people will buy a Gamecube solely for those games? I think these two reasons are your only reasons you prefer PS2 and XBox over a Gamecube.

16) The sales of Nintendo dropped in America to 99$ and the Japanese market stop making them... (FORETOLD DOOM???)
WTF? That's a bunch of bull.

17) Chances are the ONLY reason you got a Game Cube, was you wanted to play LINK in SOUL CALIBER.
*BUZZ* Incorrect you dumb idiot (memo: Don't take it personally, I'm not intending to flame you), I have many reasons why I have a Gamecube, and playing as LINK in SOUL CALIBER is not one of them.

18) The desire for a game that involves guns, massacre, and violent stuff... How many Mario games give you that?
None, because there are other games on Gamecube that involves "guns, massacre, and violent stuff."

19) You make music with the PS2, with the Music Maker games... or Dance with Dance Mix revoltion... X-Box have some things that are the same. Game Cube does not...
True.

20) Game Cube doesn't have the cutting edge graffix
It's graphics is just as good as PS2 and XBox.

21) The Christian Mothers Coalition love Game Cube... Yippee!
xD Did you talk to the Christian Mothers Coalition? I didn't know you hung out with them.

22) No one complains about Game Cube games being violent...
There's no need to if there's not many violent games on Gamecube.

23) You can set stuff on top of your X-Box, and the PS2 you can play sideways... Game Cube... Well... Opens on top.
So?

24) You can play several versions of cartoon Go-Kart Racing for Game Cube... yippee!!!
Yeah. same thing with Playstation2.... yippeee!!!

25) When you Game Cube is a great system...
You gotta Ask Yourself...
WHO ARE YOU KIDDING? HONESTLY???
I'm not kidding anyone. I truly believe Gamecube is a great system.

FleshMask
06-18-2004, 09:56 PM
From what it sounded like...

your explaining why it doen't sux, sounds more like opinions... than my truth...

So try this...

Go to yahoo...
Type the following...
1) X-Box Sucks
2) Game Cube Sucks
3) Playstation Sucks

You'll find several pages that agree with the statement for Game Cube...

You'll find a couple pages agree with the X-Box Statement

You'll find pages saying both X-Box and Game Cube suck, with the PS2 comment...

Test it, if you don't believe me...

You'll find pages saying both X-Box and Game Cube suck, with the PS2 comment...

Correction

try typing
GameCube as one word...

and playstation 2 does have foul comment on it...

but not as many as Gamecube

And don't call me a dumb idiot... Agent Pronto..

it shows bad taste on your part...

How do prove you are correct?
You don't insult the person your trying to convince...

It is a shame, you don't even know me.... tsk tsk

But I lived in Europe, and moved to New York....
I've been all over the world....

I know now... people like you are never in short supply :p

As far as anything I'd ask you do not comment to me any further... You're just acting foolish...

EDIT: Do not make multiple posts in a row. Use the edit/delete button if you want to add more to the last post. -Murder

Cz
06-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Please...no more...

While I respect your opinion, there's no need to double triple post. Although Proto shouldn't have said what he said, it might have been because your points, while valid, weren't put forward in the most sensible way. Calling someone's console 'stupid' won't make you popular.

Back on topic, though. I agree that part of the Gamecube's lack of success is due to it's single media format, and Nintendo's decision to overlook online opions for the time being. I don't agree that it has a poor software library. If anything, it has the strongest. You won't see Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash Bros. or F-Zero on the X-Box or PS2. For that, GTA and Halo are a small price to pay.

FleshMask
06-18-2004, 10:27 PM
You're right...

I apologise if I offended anyone...

Super Christ
06-18-2004, 10:42 PM
No harm done, just while it's not a vocal majority, a majority of people will say that not liking a system because it looks 'kiddy' is not a very valid reason. Not liking the games because they're colorful, or cute, seems a bit off, especially when you're almost certainly missing out on something good then. Never be ashamed to admit something's fun.

On the other hand, different types of games interest different people. For instance, I don't have an X-Box because it doesn't have many games I like. I don't think shelling out $170 is worth it to play Halo, (Hey, I never said it wasn't a good game, just that it's overrated.) and that's the only game on the system I really have any interest in. If you don't have fun playing the games Nintendo themselves publish, than the Gamecube doesn't have much going for you. It would be pointless if every game was ported to every system - then there'd be no reason to have more than one, and so only one system would be on the market. (Which would be an Atari or Nintendo in all likelyhood - Atari by virtue of the fact that they came first, if I remember correctly; or Nintendo because nobody would've had a particular reason to get a Playstation when it came out since the games would be released on the Nintendo, and so they could've coasted simply on their popularity at the time.)

I guess the main reason is to not judge a game simply because of its looks, and don't be afraid to admit when something is fun.

Agent Proto
06-18-2004, 11:00 PM
And don't call me a dumb idiot... Agent Pronto..

I know it was wrong of me, and I apologize. I was just a little upset, tis all. I don't mean anything from it. And next time, please use the Edit/Delete button when you need to add something to your post. The staff hates it when you double or triple post. :)

SomethingBig
06-18-2004, 11:26 PM
Oh, dear Lord. I completely forgot that this thread existed.

Look, X-Box fanboys, I respect that you like the X-Box and all, but, honestly. You come here and flame the GameCube with bad reasons. What's worse is that you don't even own a GC and you have the audacity to pass judgement on it. Exactly what games have you guys played on it? Someone said that the consoles have their own specific genre's that they center on. I think it was Del. He's right. Even though GC doesn't have as many violent games as X-Box and PS2, it far makes up for it by providing us with fun games. I would take Super Mario Sunshine over that stupid FPS that makes you hunt down terrorists any day.

Quit it with the graphics s:mad2::mad2::mad2:. They are all equal in graphics capabilities. Shiva's Effect, you said that the X-Box has incredible graphics because of its water effects and its absolutely, unearthly, and unbelievably mind-boggling swaying grass(WOW). Metroid Prime has all of those things, as well.

Halo is an awesome multiplayer game(I know because I've played it), but the GC has its share of great multiplayer games, too. To name a few, there's Mario Kart: Double Dash with the LAN capabilities, FF: CC(Probably the best example), and Super Smash Bros. Melee. Metroid Prime 2 and Star Fox 2 are going to have multiplayer capabilities that are mind-boggling.

There's no reason to actually hate the GC, and the X-Box for that matter, except out of stupid biased reasons.

Lord Chainsaw
06-19-2004, 12:36 AM
There's no reason to actually hate the GC, and the X-Box for that matter, except out of stupid biased reasons.

That pretty much sums it up right there. Unfortunately, many people don't see it that way. Some day though, years from now there will be appreciation for all the systems, I think.

Look back at the genesis/snes war. Back then both sides hated the other. Gamers today don't hate either the SNES or Genesis. Sadly, it takes people years to realize this, and by that time the systems are long dead.

Starcrest
06-19-2004, 02:54 AM
w/e SomethingBig

Lionx
06-26-2004, 06:35 AM
w/e SomethingBig

That most deserves more whatever than something big's because he puts out alot of good points whereas this doesnt say anything to me cept bad things....

I dont understand why Halo(Halo2 maybe) is even considered something special to the Xbox now that its also on PC. That makes no sense. Why waste 200 bucks on a console for that game i can get on the PC? I really think Halo2 will eventually make its way to the PC eventually as well, i have no reason to see why Halo is even valid as a point when its out on PC.

As for graphics its pretty on par, about the grass moving what about fur in Starfox? Have you paused in SSB: M and looked at the clothes people wear? The muscles on Bowser? The platforms and stuff? Its VERY detailed, when i saw them up close i was awed at the detail that came into the game. Just Smash was enough for me to get into GC.

As for FleshMask i dont know, but alot of your reasons are opinions and the sort, that makes no reason to really dislike a gamecube....i mean the manly thing and the invalid points of graphics...really =/ I cant take that post very seriously. Fuzzy or not the game is fun, its fun. I like Pokemon the original, and i think its great(its other stuff however..-_-;;). Facts are considered more than opinions and alot of what you said are opinions, hence why i cant take alot of it seriously no offense of course..Fun Factor>Fuzziness or looks.

I seen and played some Xbox games and i havent really got the feeling of MUST GET XBOX NOW kinda feeling. However with PS2 and GCN i have, and i liked my choices. Not to say Xbox is a bad console, it just didnt appeal to MY tastes. I like the ammount of RPG games on PS2 and the PS games i missed out before. And i like GCN for all its unique games too. Xbox just didnt reach out to me, thats all.

I by far love the GCN's controller, it looks wierd but after getting used to it, its second nature. Looks are only skin deep they say, and its true.

One of the most sensible things ever said, each console caters to each's individual's tastes, you buy the one that satisfies yours. Enough said.

Chzn8r
06-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Oh, dear Lord. I completely forgot that this thread existed.

Look, X-Box fanboys, I respect that you like the X-Box and all, but, honestly. You come here and flame the GameCube with bad reasons. What's worse is that you don't even own a GC and you have the audacity to pass judgement on it. Exactly what games have you guys played on it? Someone said that the consoles have their own specific genre's that they center on. I think it was Del. He's right. Even though GC doesn't have as many violent games as X-Box and PS2, it far makes up for it by providing us with fun games. I would take Super Mario Sunshine over that stupid FPS that makes you hunt down terrorists any day.

Quit it with the graphics s:mad2::mad2::mad2:. They are all equal in graphics capabilities. Shiva's Effect, you said that the X-Box has incredible graphics because of its water effects and its absolutely, unearthly, and unbelievably mind-boggling swaying grass(WOW). Metroid Prime has all of those things, as well.

Halo is an awesome multiplayer game(I know because I've played it), but the GC has its share of great multiplayer games, too. To name a few, there's Mario Kart: Double Dash with the LAN capabilities, FF: CC(Probably the best example), and Super Smash Bros. Melee. Metroid Prime 2 and Star Fox 2 are going to have multiplayer capabilities that are mind-boggling.

End of thread.

Starcrest
06-27-2004, 04:01 AM
w/e, i'm done arguing, running out of patients

EDIT--And, I've grown to like the GC now...only bad thing still is no online

Lionx
06-27-2004, 05:51 AM
Isnt Phantasy Star Online erm..online? O_o Did they release it yet?

Rase
06-27-2004, 07:48 AM
Yeah, but online is still Gamecubes "weakness". But it all depends on your preferences. I prefer to have my comp for online play.

Edgar
06-27-2004, 07:11 PM
You can't comapre the graphics seriously. When I played the Xbox, my first games are DoA3, DoAXtreme BV and Ninja Gaiden, all made by Tecmo. They had the most breath-taking graphics I've ever seen.

Then I browsed the other games. Harry Potter...wtf? You call that graphics? Not only that, but many others me and my friend had pointed out.

I'm still wondering why did they put KOTOR into XBox. It is much better on PC.

Chzn8r
06-28-2004, 08:15 AM
Technically, yes, you can compare the Gamecube's graphics to the Xbox. The Xbox has better *actual* numbers, but none of their games shows that it's actually significantly better in any respect. Pull out a great looking Xbox game and there's a Gamecube game to counter it.
And the Xbox and Gamecube games that are also on PS2 (sports, mostly) look the same for those two but both noticeabley better than PS2, which is just technilogically behind.

Rase
06-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Well, the way I see it:

Xbox for major online support and game playing.

PS2 for a huge library of all types of games.

Gamecube for awesome Fisrt Party games.

These are what I see as each systems greatest draw in, price not counting.

SomethingBig
06-28-2004, 06:07 PM
The Gamecube makes up for its games that you can't play online with its LAN capabilities.

Chzn8r
06-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Gamecube has the best 4 player party games... Monkey Ball, Monkey Ball 2, Super Smash Melee, Mario Kart DD, F-Zero, Wario Ware, Zelda: 4 Swords, FF: CC... none of those do you need to be "mature" to play, you can just have some great, genuine, unique fun with 3 best friends and get more excitement going than any same-old-same-old FPS multiplayer.

Vaan
06-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Between my PS2 and my GameCube I'd have to say the GC is my favorite. As for an Xbox, I don't really need one but I wouldn't mind having one just for the hell of it. None of the games really interest me enough to warrant a purchase of the system.

SomethingBig
06-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Gamecube has the best 4 player party games... Monkey Ball, Monkey Ball 2, Super Smash Melee, Mario Kart DD, F-Zero, Wario Ware, Zelda: 4 Swords, FF: CC... none of those do you need to be "mature" to play, you can just have some great, genuine, unique fun with 3 best friends and get more excitement going than any same-old-same-old FPS multiplayer.

Thank you for reminding me how the world today works. I almost completely forgot that you needed to be mature to truly have fun. *Sigh* Darn people that think like that.

Ouch!
06-29-2004, 07:44 PM
After much thought and consideration, I've actually decided to purchase a GameCube. As much as I like my PS2, it lacks fun multiplayer games, something that the GameCube has a lot of. That's really what turned my decision on the system. That and the new Zelda game I heard about.

SomethingBig
06-30-2004, 02:50 AM
I just got the new Zelda game, today, and it's the best multiplayer game ever.

kikimm
07-09-2004, 05:11 AM
the reason i don't like it is because besides resident evil, none of the games that have come out for the gamecube i've liked. if they came out with better games, maybe I'd change my mind.

:D

Ouch!
07-09-2004, 10:06 PM
I think the new Zelda game, simply titled The Legend of Zelda at this point, is reason enough to get a Gamecube.

FleshMask
07-10-2004, 12:47 AM
Well, as for the dead topic I revived...

You gotta admit this...

You can't play FFXI on Game Cube...

I doubt anyone will diss FFXI on a FF forum...
next year, 2005 will mark the end of some certain game systems....

with the PS3 making way to run your whole entertainment center...

but then NINTENDO has the strong grip with the GAMEBOY ADVANCED...
and that not going anywhere anytime soon....

The new video gameboy, it has thwarted Sony's PSP in the game market...

so I give them that...

If you get angry... maybe you probably do feel cheated... and hate to be reminded... neener neener...

if you're not angry, then kudos to you... you got a Game Cube...

childern in Africa don't have Game Cubes....

or medicine....

kikimm
07-11-2004, 11:47 PM
I've never gotten real into the zelda games. actually, i've never even played one. are they that good?......

:D

Lionx
07-12-2004, 04:12 AM
Zelda on 2-D is a mixture of some RPG, and Puzzle, while the new 3-D ones are Action, Puzzle, and Adventure with little RPG elements here and there, i love every single one of em.

You cant play FFXI on Xbox either whats your point? Thats not up to Nintendo but Square-Enix.

PS3 will definetly be one of the top sellers based on popularity alone. But in the end its how many buisness deals and compatitbility PS3 will get. Pretty sure PS3 will win based on what i see as of now, but never count Nintendo out, they are a very strong company.

They state that the Nintendo will stop making games when they do not make any more consoles. Thats all that they say.

Mark it end or not there might be still games pumping out to sorta last ditch that console, GameCube and every other console still has another year to wow us. Multi-player is what you want for GC. Naruto and other games ^^

NEW Zelda Trailer: http://www.zeldalegends.net/?newtheme=zeldalegends

Pics: http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738....html?fromint=1

Exciting no?

The Shoeless Hobo
07-17-2004, 05:29 AM
And, I've grown to like the GC now...only bad thing still is no online

"Future accessories for Nintendo GameCube include a 56K Modem Adapter and a Broadband Adapter. These accessories make Nintendo GameCube fully capable of supporting online gaming. Potential uses of these devices are still in the planning stages, so stay tuned for more information." -Nintendo Australia (http://nintendo.com.au/gamecube/accessories/index.php)

As you see, in the near future the GameCube will go Online. But unlike the Xbox and PS2, GameCube Online supports Dial Up connections.

Yrkoon
07-18-2004, 12:08 AM
i dont own a gamecube because theres no games that i absolutely must play on it.

i bought a ps2 becuase it had games i needed to play :)
any x-box games i want to play are ported to the pc (halo and kotor)

i see a lot has been made of graphics for each console in this thread graphics dont concern me where consoles are concerned as my pc has better graphics capability's than all the consoles.

for the multi player party games or what ever i can just use my saturn and play death tank zwei with up to 7 players or saturn bomber man with 10 players in the same room :)

each to thier own :)

edczxcvbnm
07-18-2004, 12:26 AM
You can't play FFXI on Game Cube...

Yeah...but why play Everquest version 2.53...I mean FFXI? It sucks!

As you see, in the near future the GameCube will go Online. But unlike the Xbox and PS2, GameCube Online supports Dial Up connections.

:chuckle:

Secondly PS2 does support Dial up.

The Shoeless Hobo
07-18-2004, 08:46 AM
Secondly PS2 does support Dial up.

It does?! Well, obviously where I live, it hasn't been released. xD

Lionx
07-18-2004, 09:09 AM
I am enjoying FFXI immensely :P Maybe you havent played it or got burned out too fast, because after 7 months or so i still aint.

GC is online, just..weak...lol only PSO. But online doesnt mean that its a good console..its a good console if it caters to your need of play.

edczxcvbnm
07-18-2004, 12:21 PM
It does?! Well, obviously where I live, it hasn't been released. xD

Sure it has. The network adaptor you buy has both a Dail-up and a High Speed jack on the back. While it does support Dial Up; it is still mainly up to the developers and they have not done much.

SomethingBig
07-18-2004, 09:55 PM
I honestly believe that if people were more into the games themselves, as opposed to the companies that made the consoles, Nintendo would be on top, saleswise. There are many games out on the PS2 that are also for the Gamecube. Difference? Gamecubes are cheaper and provide better graphics. The problem is that fanboys refuse to come out of the dark and stop acting like little kids comparing new toys.

Palindrome
07-18-2004, 10:08 PM
I think the GC is a fine system once you get a PS2 controller adapter for it.

SomethingBig
07-18-2004, 10:12 PM
First of all, when did controllers decide whether or not consoles were great? *Sigh* Kids these days... Second, the GC controllers were designed for comfortability and to prevent you from pressing the wrong buttons. XBox failed at that, for sure, and the PS2 controller is comfortable, yes, but has way too many buttons that are all over the place.

Palindrome
07-19-2004, 06:33 PM
First of all, when did controllers decide whether or not consoles were great? *Sigh* Kids these days... Second, the GC controllers were designed for comfortability and to prevent you from pressing the wrong buttons. XBox failed at that, for sure, and the PS2 controller is comfortable, yes, but has way too many buttons that are all over the place.

I never said that the controller made the system. I am just partial to the PS controler. That is my preference. Do have an anurism over it. The GC controller is the same basic shape as the PS controller only (in my opinion) too small. As for "buttons that are all over the place." it is the same pattern as the SNES only with 2 extra R&L buttons to acomidate extra function in some games. It is the most logical and systematicle setup all within thumbs reach. GC has a big ars A button and the tiny B and those two curved around the A. The R&L were made into triggers like on the Xbox and the C buttons were made into a nother joy stick so why even lable it C. That is why i dislike the GC controller. Other than that the GC is, as i said before your angry rant, a fine system.

SomethingBig
07-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Oh, I didn't mean to sound angry. I tend to get serious when people start dissing the cube. I liked the format of the buttons for the GC, since they're all in one place. About the PS2 controller being bigger than the GC's, I'm pretty sure that the cube controller is slightly larger.

HOOTERS
07-20-2004, 02:40 PM
I just got a gamecube last week with super smash bros melee. I went up to the shops with the intention to get a ps2 game, only found one game that I was only about half interested in, saw that gamecube was on special, and thought bugger it and bought it. :smash:

Years ago when my brother bought the N64, I bought the playstation, but when I bought the PS2, nobody bought the gamecube. :cry: I had missed nintendo for too long, but SSBM was the perfect game for all of that nintendo goodness. :goodness:

Starcrest
07-23-2004, 08:42 PM
graphics arn't better their even

Lionx
07-24-2004, 06:01 AM
Dude how are PS2 graphics better than the cube? Check RE and check SSB: M by pressing start and look through all the muscles and frabric details and how smooth it moves...the PS2 can not compare to that..its far from even..

Starcrest
07-25-2004, 04:04 AM
but what of Xbox and GC graphics? yes SSB-M is an awsome game and it's very detailed, but look at the interior of a warthog from Halo, or use a melee attack

Lionx
07-25-2004, 04:31 AM
To be honest when i looked at both of em...they look about on par to me..=/

Starcrest
07-25-2004, 04:32 AM
xbox and gc?