PDA

View Full Version : I have better chips than you.

Peegee
05-16-2004, 09:50 PM
I've heard that americans don't have certain chip flavours. I couldn't believe it, so I asked Bert, and other friends. It was true.

YOU DON'T HAVE SOUR CREAM AND BACON WTF

You also probably (though likely if you live in the north eastern states) don't have ketchup flavoured chips either.

I could go on. Various cheese & misc flavour, dill pickle.

IS THIS TRUE? discourse

Squires
05-16-2004, 09:52 PM
My area does not have sour cream and bacon. How could you flavor something to taste like bacon? It's freaking meat.

We do have ketchup chips, dill chips, and various cheeses though.

Strider
05-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Ketchup flavored? Ick.

Give me my Spicier Nacho Doritos, and I'll be just fine.

Peegee
05-16-2004, 09:54 PM
Oh and it would help me if you told me exactly where you lived, with postal code, credit card info, passwords to this site, etc.

Oh just what state, yes.

Stroodle caeks: Ketchup chips are rawk

Baloki
05-16-2004, 09:54 PM
Crisps?

Peegee
05-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Yes, "Crisps"

I challenge you to american football

Strider
05-16-2004, 09:59 PM
We have salt and vinegar chips. That's an exotic enough chip for a guy like me.

And I'll take you down to Chinatown in football, my friend.

Kirobaito
05-16-2004, 10:00 PM
As will I. I am one of the quickest, sneakiest Defensive Ends you will ever see. :)

Baloki
05-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Yes, "Crisps"

I challenge you to american football

Rugby?

Peegee
05-16-2004, 10:03 PM
I said american football. Now stop going off topic.

Baloki
05-16-2004, 10:04 PM
I was only questioning you?

And we have more flavours of 'chips' over here then you can throw a 'beagle' at!

Kirobaito
05-16-2004, 10:06 PM
And we hav emore flavours of 'chips' over here then you can throw a beagle at!

Goodness, that is so sadistic. I'm not gonna throw a dog at anything.

Lindy
05-16-2004, 10:08 PM
My area does not have sour cream and bacon. How could you flavor something to taste like bacon? It's freaking meat.

With Bacon Flavour? It's quite possible.

In fact, most meat flavoured crisps don't actually contain any meat, and are even suitable for most vegans.

Shlup
05-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Sour cream and bacon chips don't sound applealing, but for all the billions of flavors we do have I'm surprised that I've never heard of it.

crono_logical
05-16-2004, 10:20 PM
Worcester sauce flavour crisps are nice :p

Rye
05-16-2004, 10:43 PM
I don't think we have those. =o... Crisps! I like that word.

Dragonflame
05-16-2004, 11:00 PM
We don't have sour cream and bacon chips. Or ketchup flavored chips. Both of those sound disgusting. I hate sour cream, and bacon-flavored things never taste good. And ketchup flavoring...on chips? Who the hell came up with that idea.

Who needs all these random flavors of chips? Why aren't a few normal flavors good enough for everyone?

Xander
05-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Worcester sauce flavour crisps are nice :p

*agrees* I keep eating them lately. I like tomato flavoured ones too. I don't think we have sour cream though? Maybe in some sorts...

Kirobaito
05-16-2004, 11:01 PM
A TOMATO flavored chip? You Brits are disgusting.

Peegee
05-16-2004, 11:04 PM
I hate you all

Yamaneko
05-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Tortilla chips with salsa is always good.

Peegee
05-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Agreed, but this is a thread about potato chips/crisps

I want nachos now :mad2:

Skogs
05-16-2004, 11:08 PM
A TOMATO flavored chip? You Brits are disgusting.

The Canadians have them too. Smokey steak is nice... I hate crisps in Europe - they only eat Paprika and Ready-salted. You'll find Sour Cream and Onion if you're lucky...

Although in France you can get Provençale flavoured crisps. *drools*

Dragonflame
05-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Just because the Canadians and British have tomato chips doesn't mean they're good. What flavor is Provençale? And why are we calling them crisps? They're chips. Face it Brits, us Americans outnumber you. You have to learn to speak American.

Peegee
05-17-2004, 01:37 AM
They also call cigarettes fags there too. Slang is slang. Idiom is idiom. Don't worry about it.

I personally like sour cream and onion flavour. If a place doesn't have it I won't visit it.

Big D
05-17-2004, 02:45 AM
Sour cream & chives = greatest.

However, sour cream and bacon sounds great... yet my backwards little hellhole nation doesn't have them yet.

*Liquidates all assets and flees to Canada*

Chicken-flavoured chips that actually taste like chicken would be novel.

On a related topic, barbecue-flavoured rice crackers with salsa are tasty, as well as being viturally fat-free.:cool:

Iceglow
05-17-2004, 02:41 PM
well PG it depends on the area and background culture you are in in the UK for instance twats at my college call a joint of weed a "Zoot" a cigarette a "Fag" and a pill of ecstasy a "jill" yet I tend to call a joint a joint, a cigarette a "smoke" or "cigarette" and ecstasy is um ecstasy or at worst an "E" (I don't do it but I know what they are I am not stupid also one of my ex's took them and that was the end of that she was bloody psycho) As for you out numbering us and making us learn american english...I do speak american english but a crisp is still a crisp not a chip, and I also get told off by friends, family and bosses for my americanised english way of talking.

Don't lower us all with the same brush. otherwise my bredrin come get you (anyone wh lives in the UK knows I'm taking the piss out of the rudeboys you get everywhere...the best thing to say is every time they talk about their "Bredrin" ask them "Whats that about Breadbins?")

m4tt
05-17-2004, 02:52 PM
Ketchup flavored? Ick.

Give me my Spicier Nacho Doritos, and I'll be just fine.

Yes indeed! Salsa flavored ones are good too. I ate a whole bag by myself this weekend. :D