PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Money Question ^.^

VDeity
05-17-2004, 01:47 AM
Hi!! I don't know how I did it, but I managed to get to level 30 and then get the Ninja and Ranger quests done. I then got my Ninja job to level 15, but I'm holding out on levelling Ranger just because I'm flat out broke :). I have like 500 gil, and 60000 gil worth of items up for sale in AH (Centurion stuff etc) all 1000 off the value, but they aren't selling :O.

So. I've finally come to the point where I really can't do anything. My ninja isn't well equiped, and I can't start on Ranger yet, and I wasted an entire day fighting Crawlers for one measely stack of Silk Threads (which still haven't sold :P). I finally decided to take up a craft. Any craft!!!! Any craft that could be useful for a Ranger/Ninja :). What craft or crafts do I take, and how do I get started? Where do I go? What do I need? How long does it take before I begin to actually make more money than I spend? Me me me me me! I I I I I! Does anyone want to make a small donation?? :P That was just a joke.... unless you're going to do it. Ummm, kind of out of questions at the moment, lol I don't know too much about crafting :D

Donation Box -----> Aliza
Ragnarok World

Hehe, thanks :)

Lionx
05-17-2004, 04:19 AM
Ok first of all...DONT UNDERCUT SO MUCH!! .... :D The reason being that people that buy, namely people like me, will always first bid 1 gil for those lazy idiots, and then 1K lower the price history, and then 100 lower. If it doesnt work then i go for price history. Now why would it be bad besides that? People that see the price history will undercut, therefore it would be like:

500,000 (basic)
490,000 (your item someone bidded on).

Now seeing that, anyone else that bids on the item will try to bid at that price or even lower, and because of that some people will bid lower, and because of undercutting, the price of the item will keep dropping, like some GKatanas, some of em are 300K, because of undercutting, its in the 240K zone. It has dropped THAT much. So to keep this from happening too often, just putting it at say 499,991 would be good enough to keep the price the same, and get 98% of the time, full profit. Try to learn economics of the game, thats all i can say on items.

Also what AH are you using? Is Bastok usually first in your server? If your using Bastok AH, i recommend moving it to SanDoria AH, because there are some gear SanDorians want and because you can easily get the armour from BAstok, less of a demand will be there for sale. Also how many are being sold? The more items the more the price will drop, the less there is means that it will get more expensive. Also search for the number of lvl 27-33 people, the more melee types there are in that range the more will sell too. Supply and Demand.

Ok now on with the NIN and RNG thing, they require the most expensive stuff.

RNG:
-Pimp AGI gear
-Most up to date bows
-At least 3-4 stacks of 99 arrows per PARTY and exp session, has to be expensive and good arrows, not wooden crap ones.

NIN:
-Sheishei, about 4-5 stacks or more. Sheishei is blink powder
-Utsesumi scroll(hope you got it, else start questing for it or buy it)
-Shurikens(because provoke isnt enough, you need to spam shurikens to keep hate, maybe 3-4 stacks too).
-Other NIN tools to keep the hate onto you.
-Gobbie Bag (you are going to need to do this inventory space expansion quest to be able to be an effective NIN, peridot is a BCNM 40 drop or a rare item in the goldsmithing guild, and alot of expensive items too).

Then add the basic 1 to 2 stacks of food you need.

Now onto crafting, your going to NEED a substantial ammount of gil to start off. Woodworking will help both NIN and RNG because you can make your own sheishei and arrows. Its located in SanDoria, but its not easy to start because simply the first few recipes you make arent that high in demand and the cost to sell is lower than the cost to make, hence your going to have to swallow the losts. And that assumes you farm your own crystals too, your going to have to factor that in, and the cost of good lumber, unless you are going to spend money on field gear to cut wood off areas. Simply no craft can be gotten into without significant gil investment and cannot be just do it a bit now and abit later.

I will post something i did on my LS forums:

Woodworking: Ah, the perennial craft of choice for Ninjas and Rangers. Woodworking produces furniture and arrows, as well as the life-blood of the Ninja profession - Shihei (blink powder). This craft requires significant gil investment. Be prepared to throw a lot of money at skilling up, and to be patient with the AH sales. Fairly profitable at high levels, and becoming more so with the addition of new features to furniture.

Bottom line: I recommend not pursueing NIN or RNG til your a high lvl in another job to afford them easier with better ways of making money. Those two jobs are hard, they are not to be taken lightly. I myself am doing the same thing for my own NIN. 60K will easily be used up.

VDeity
05-17-2004, 04:52 AM
You take all the fun of the game :eek:

Lionx
05-17-2004, 05:01 AM
Hey its not like i am doing this to make people unhappy on purpose >< You asked about a problem, and i give the best of my own knowledge about it...i didnt design the game to be this way ><;;

If anyone knows a way to get around this i would love to hear it.

BTW you can lvl up with only Utsesumi..but that would be much harder too and also it would be taxing to your party member's to hold back and also some people might think your cheap and not being the best you can be...>< Theres a reason why i put NIN in the backseat...a damn good reason...

I am sorry if i put you down or anything...but i rather give you the information that i do know than give you false information about what i know and then end up screwing something over.

Citizen Bleys
05-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey its not like i am doing this to make people unhappy on purpose ><

Right. That's my job.

Listen up, punk: You can't play as a ninja unless you're Japanese. If the GMs find out that a gaijin is playing a ninja, they'll come to your house and cut your legs off.

VDeity
05-17-2004, 11:58 PM
Dang those freakin' Japs, they get all the lucky breaks! :mad2:

Lionx
05-18-2004, 12:59 AM
Lets not say japs..thats offensive ^^;

Citizen Bleys
05-18-2004, 11:03 AM
So's 'gaijin'