PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Connection Problem

VDeity
05-19-2004, 04:00 AM
I have played this game for little over a month when all of a sudden we go and update our firmware for our router or something. Umm, when I get onto the game it seems to be running perfectly, and all of the sudden (at random times, typically about 5 minutes) I get disconnected and kicked back onto PlayOnline (which still runs perfectly!). I've tried everything on the Q&A from changing DHCP to Static and back, opening up certain ports, and closing them again (though I never went through any of this during my first month of playing), but as usual, that Q&A turned out to be a worthless fvcking piece of shizit. It's too late for me to make a phonecall to PlayOnline, but it looks like that's no help either. I don't know what to do.

I'm on the Seraph server now (not undergoing maintenence at the moment, so that's not it.)

UltimateSpamGrover
05-19-2004, 04:12 AM
Get a new router.

VDeity
05-19-2004, 04:19 AM
That's crazy. The router works, and it's worked for over a month for this game, and it continues to work for just about every other thing EXCEPT Final Fantasy XI, which is complete BS.

eternalshiva
05-19-2004, 11:20 AM
That happens to me too, I think it's just a glitch in the game cause the internet sucks in general. I don't really lose anything and if you're in a party you better pray that you're not in the middle of fighting xD or you or your party might need a raise. xD

Rostum
05-19-2004, 11:56 AM
That happens to me too, I think it's just a glitch in the game cause the internet sucks in general. I don't really lose anything and if you're in a party you better pray that you're not in the middle of fighting xD or you or your party might need a raise. xD

It's not a glitch in the game, mine works fine.

VDeity
05-19-2004, 11:39 PM
It better be just a server problem. I've never experienced this before and now all of a sudden I'm getting booted every 5 minutes.