PDA

View Full Version : Worst Ending (Spoilers, duh)

Trumpet Thief
05-19-2004, 04:16 AM
Out of many of the Final Fantasy's, which ending did you hate the most? ie. Didn't tie up loose ends, screwed up the game etc.

My vote would go to FFIX's ending, it was just all perfect, not even one sad thing. (Besides you know what).

Kirobaito
05-19-2004, 04:37 AM
I'd say IX simply because of Necron.

Iceglow
05-19-2004, 05:44 PM
I'm going to say X for one reason alone if you got the celestial weapons for everyone (most of us at least have nirvana and godhand) you could defeat Yu Yevon in one bloody hit one 99,999 damage hit and it was over the entire ending from jhect onwards was only around 20 minutes long. Jehct took me 3 hits for both forms all of the aeons a single round of combat each one (either one hit or three - Magus sisters) and then there was the Yu Yevon one hit kill he so should have had millions upon millions of hit points so that I could atleast feel the attack force of the greatest summoner ever.

Jolts
05-19-2004, 06:17 PM
I chose FFIX. I don't know, just something not right with it.

aeris2001x2
05-19-2004, 06:30 PM
has anyone seen ff2's end who voted for ff9? ff2 is absolutly pathetic. leon running off makes no sense and its like 1 min long

Ultima Shadow
05-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Why can't you vote FFX2????? Oh, well i since you can't vote FFX2, then i go for ummmmm... FF1, i don't think the ending was THAT great after all. :rolleyes2
(Don't know the ending of FF2 or FF3)

Felldoh
05-19-2004, 10:09 PM
I don't know why... but I just didn't like FFX's ending.

Edgar
05-21-2004, 07:13 AM
FFX. Heck, I feel that the entire game just don't feel....right =/

Rase
05-24-2004, 01:16 AM
FFX. Heck, I feel that the entire game just don't feel....right =/

Outsider
05-24-2004, 07:05 AM
FF8.

No, I never finished it. But if the ending is as awful as the rest of the game, then we have a winner here.

Rusty
05-24-2004, 09:35 AM
Dont judge the ending till you have seen it!

Armisael
05-24-2004, 09:56 AM
i tkink ffx has the worst ending.it is so sad(especially the scene where tidus hugs yuna and then he leaves) :(

Jolts
05-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Being sad makes it the worst? If you say so...

I liked FFX, ending and all. I don't see why all you others don't like it so much. Actually, I like all the FF games, but some of them I don't like as much as the other (FFVII is the best, buy far!).

Armisael
05-24-2004, 08:11 PM
well i prefer happy ends.wouldn't you prefer tidus and yuna to be together?

Jolts
05-24-2004, 08:16 PM
Yeah, but we don't always get what we want. That's one reason I didn't really like the endings to FFVIII and FFIX, they're just too "perfect." If FFVII had a "perfect" ending, Aeiris would've magically come to life and whatnot (you see her face briefly, but that doesn't mean she's back with the living).

Armisael
05-25-2004, 08:30 AM
in other words you'd prefer zidane dead or squall dead to like the ends of ff9 ff8?

Outsider
05-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Dont judge the ending till you have seen it!

Hmmmm... Nah.

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 08:11 PM
i dont care if its happy or sad really... just as long as it has emotion and quality.

which is why there can be no no other winner then ff2. i havent seen ff3-ff5 ends yet but it is the only end i,ve seen that has neither. seriously, i ,ll say it till i go blue in the face, ff2's end made ff8 and ff9's ends look as good as the greatest ends ever in game history.

Ultima Shadow
05-25-2004, 08:36 PM
Personaly i think FF8 and 9 endings was great. But not even close to FF6 ending.

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 08:38 PM
yeah i think they r really good too but nothing to ff6 or ff7 ends. which is why i get mad when ppl call them two the worst...and if they have completed ff2 then imho i dont see how they could say that.

Jolts
05-25-2004, 11:30 PM
in other words you'd prefer zidane dead or squall dead to like the ends of ff9 ff8?
Not necessarily dead, but not perfect. Just like with FFT's ending. Not everyone had a happy ending. If you read it closely, you even find out that Olan was burned at the stake for heresy.

Polaris
05-27-2004, 05:45 PM
FF 7 it wasn't logical!

FF 8 was!

Iceglow
05-27-2004, 05:54 PM
is it logical though in anyones opinion to have bosses die in one or two hits? thats why I disliked X I had geared up for a big "OMFG I gotta kill that it's worse than nemesis" battle and then laughed at the death of Jehct I new my aeons would be easy to kill, yu yevon posession should have made these all a lot harder and faster to make a better fight then Yu Yevon himself should at least of had 1 million HP too easy to win thats why I did not like X the actual animation for the ending was great

aeris2001x2
05-27-2004, 06:25 PM
ok what was not logical about ff7? it made perfect sense

Polaris
05-27-2004, 06:26 PM
No it doesn't!

aeris2001x2
05-27-2004, 06:28 PM
explain yourself divinity :moggie:

Ultima Shadow
05-27-2004, 07:05 PM
No it doesn't!
Then i don't think you relly understand the ending of ff7. It's excelent! Only ff6 has an better ending.

Jolts
05-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Let's see, FFVII. Big Ending Sephiroth calls a giant meteor to crash into the planet. Sephiroth continues to trouble the planet, so you and your friends gang up on him to destroy him. After defeating Safer-Sephiroth, you think it's over, but a small bit of Shephiroth servived and calls Cloud to battle in the center of the planet. Cloud kicks the shooey out of Sephiroth, but that doesn't mean the meteor is going to stop, turn around, and leave. You barely escape a cave-in. Now you're watching the meteor plumet straight to Kalm, regardless of the planets attempts to stop it, and there's nothing you can do. Just then, Lifestream shows up, and you remember about Aeiris praying to the White Materia to save the planet. 500 years later, you see Red XIII running toward the plant covered Midgar (materia is made of life energy, and the Lifestream is full of said energy, and that energy is also known for rapid plant growth (after the credits)). That all makes sense to me; in the FFVII world, that is.

aeris2001x2
05-27-2004, 07:45 PM
and much more interesting then squall walking through a desert looking for rinoa and a bunch of fools playing with each other before squall and rinoa share there first kiss...oh bless... :rolleyes2

Jolts
05-28-2004, 07:21 AM
Oh, I understood and liked FFVIII's ending too, but I didn't like it nearly as much as FFVII's. FFIX's was alright, but I prefer the FMV versions. Except for maybe FFX's, because it was able to have such great detail (640x480 True Color resolution is nice :D).

wilrod89
05-29-2004, 01:33 AM
i like all the endings but if i had to pick one i would have to say FFX, because it felt like something was wrong with it............good graphics though...........i think square should put more into the endings, you know, show a little more, make it a little longer, because after hours and hours of gameplay i think i would like to see an ending that sends chills through my body..........dont you??

Ariel
05-29-2004, 06:09 AM
FFVII, because I would have liked some resolution, for the main characters.

And the normal ending of FFX-2. That whole "Brother, higher, faster! Whee!" thing was a bit much for me. I wanted Yuna to push Brother off the airship. ;_;

DJZen
08-23-2004, 08:01 AM
I'm gonna say FFI because it made no sense at all. Time loop? What? Wait, okay..... so Chaos is gone, meaning you can go back to the future and....... repeat the process? Wait..... it never happened? What's going on? At least I understood what was happening in FFII's 5 seconds of ending. FFI just makes me say "huh?" and start attempting to chart the course of events.

Fire_Emblem776
05-01-2005, 08:25 AM
The ending to i was ilogical.
the ending to II was pathetic and so not worth the truble of the "level up system"
FF III had the fisrt good ending

DarkLadyNyara
05-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Yeah, FF II's wasn't all that great, but consider the time it was made. FF I just annoys me, what with the whole "Oh, none of this ever happened" thing.

Fireblade13
05-04-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm gonna say FFI because it made no sense at all. Time loop? What? Wait, okay..... so Chaos is gone, meaning you can go back to the future and....... repeat the process? Wait..... it never happened? What's going on? At least I understood what was happening in FFII's 5 seconds of ending. FFI just makes me say "huh?" and start attempting to chart the course of events.
Well said I was like okay so he became weaker in the future and they just keep going back and forth?Wait no recognition?

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-05-2005, 06:58 AM
I personally loved FFX's ending, I thought it perfect, not revealing too much and allowing you to make your own conclusion. And then FFX-2 was released and utterly destroyed the ending. For shame.

Anyways, as far as worst, I can't say for sure. From what I've played, I'd probably have to go with IX, just because it wasn't that interesting and more than a little corny. Especially when Zidane was running through the Iifa tree and they didn't even bother to make his sprite into cinematic graphics.

Chris
05-05-2005, 01:11 PM
has anyone seen ff2's end who voted for ff9? ff2 is absolutly pathetic. leon running off makes no sense and its like 1 min long

I agree, I spent forever finishing this game and all I got at the end was:

Buccura
05-07-2005, 07:03 AM
I dislike VII's ending the most. It just kinda seemed like they rushed it a bit in my opinion. That, and Cloud smiling just looks plain freaky o_o

Gnostic Yevon
05-09-2005, 07:13 PM
I think the worst was X-2. there was just no emotion there. It wasn't interesting to me. I think it was the feel good ending attached to the end -- OK we're all friends here now, and (depending on how good you did) you might get to push tidus in some water WTF? I actually wanted to try to get perfect until I saw the ending on line, and then I was like "That's it?". C'mon Jak and Daxter has a better ending.

Then there was the whole let's have Jakht, Brask and Auron say a few words during the final battle. It would have been nice -- had it been an actual battle and not a pillow-fight.

Destai
05-09-2005, 07:30 PM
X-2's. Stupid waste of my time after playing X.

Jess
05-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I loved the ending to FFX even if it was a little sad. :(
But although I haven't completely finished FFX-2 (I think it sucks, basically.), I know the ending though (Watched them.), and I think it sucks. If they HAD to go and make a sequel to FFX, they could of atleast given it a better story & Ending. Even the perfect ending isn't THAT great. :mad:

Shauna
05-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Hehehe... I've only seen the ending to FFX :laughing:, and I loved it... so... I can't vote... :D