PDA

View Full Version : Season Finale of Smallville

Dingo Jellybean
05-20-2004, 02:10 AM
Did anyone understand the ending? The house Clooey went into blew up just after she went in, so unless something miraculous happens, I assume she's dead. Why did Lionel Luther shave his head? To show that he had chemo done? Also, I assume Lex Luther isn't dead, because after all, he will become Superman's greatest adversary...even though it looked like he was poisoned by his champagne.

Comments? Yep.

White Raven
05-20-2004, 01:48 PM
It was alright...

It wasn't the homicidal rampage ending that I wanted...too bad. It didn't happen with Friends or The OC either. I'm bad at predicting endings I guess...

Rinoabella
05-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Aww man, we haven't even started that season yet! We're still back in the days when Clark left SV ;_; And I believe her name is spelt Chloe ;)

Anaralia
05-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Yeah, she's probably dead. Sheesh. The only person that I do want dead on that show is the only one who's not in danger. If season 4 turns into "The Talentless One, all alone with his mommy", I'm done. Repeat after me, Clark: I cannot carry the show by myself, I cannot carry the show by myself, I cannot....

SomethingBig
05-27-2004, 12:31 AM
All the people that were supposed to die were killed by Lyonel. Why? Because they helped Lex put Lyonel in jail. About the hair-cutting thing, I think prisoners are supposed to have their hair shaved. I really didn't like how Chloe died. Man, I hate that. I would've never expected that.

Dingo Jellybean
05-27-2004, 12:38 AM
I had a small feeling that Chloe would die, but I didn't expect it. Next season is going to be so different because Pete is gone, Chloe is gone, and so is Lana Lang. And I think Clark will be in his senior year of high school...since it will be the fourth season. I mean the 2 main characters that are vital to the whole Superman series are still alive(Clark and Lex), so yeah...next season will be completely revamped...assuming there's no corny miraculous recovery by Chloe and all of the sudden Lana changes her mind(she does become a fashion designer after all and knows Superman's identity, even though he never reveals it to her).

SomethingBig
05-27-2004, 12:40 AM
How in God's name is Smallville going to work without Chloe, Peter, or Lana? I know how. A new cast. I can smell how bad it's going to be.

Anaralia
05-27-2004, 01:17 AM
Bad beyond words. Some shows have a lead actor who's strong enough to let the producers change the entire supporting cast, and still be good. 24 and Monk are good examples of that. But other shows, such as this one, depend on the co-stars to stay afloat. If they cast the wrong supporting actors, or don't write them well enough, the show is doomed.

Can you imagine, for example, Everybody Loves Raymond if the family weren't there? Not that it's a masterpiece with them there now, but if they were gone? Eeeeek.

Dingo Jellybean
05-27-2004, 02:52 AM
The show might work better, because personally, I never liked Chloe. Lana was okay, but the show can do without her. I'm just more interested in the post-Smallville days. I wonder if they'll still call the show Smallville if Clark gets a job in Metropolis.

SomethingBig
05-27-2004, 03:07 AM
Maybe they'll call it Smallville: Metropolis Style?

BatChao
05-27-2004, 03:28 AM
I refuse to believe Lana is gone forever... why? Well, obviously because she hasn't hooked up with Supes yet... and as far as I know, she was his first girlfriend... or maybe I'm messing it up and she was only his 'highschool sweetheart', and in that case, that's already been completed. But yes, the show can't go on with only Clark... it doesn't make sense. But yea, the season finale was ultra super lame. I miss the simple days when Smallville was just 'young superman' where he just kicked the crap out of crazy villains and stuff. Now it's Superman Meets Teen Drama, which is lame.

Dingo Jellybean
05-27-2004, 04:21 AM
Well, Smallville hasn't exactly followed the exact path of Superman's life. So I expect that Lana Lang is gone, but she'll probably make some cameo appearence during the 4th season.

Del Murder
05-27-2004, 05:17 AM
My theories:

Clark - will be 'reborn' (as 'Jor-El' put it) in either an alternate (bizarro?) dimension and/or go back in time to stop all the bad things from happening. This makes sense condiering Clark's world is completely upside down right now.

Chloe - either was thrown free of the blast or Clark will reverse time somehow and save her.

Pete - I think Pete's done with the show. :(

Pa Kent - He'll be alright.

Ma Kent - Hangs around like always.

Lex - The second main character of the show obviously isn't dead. Or is and Clark will reverse time.

Lana - She'll be back eventually but the show needs a break from her.

Lionel - Will continue playing an excellent mob boss villian.

'Jor-El' - I still think the thing that claims to be Jor-El is Braniac, but that might be a little much.

Lana's time is over. The Clark-Lex-Lionel dynamic is so much better than the Clark-Lana relationship, and they are the only three characters I really need to enjoy it. I look forward to the next season.

Dingo Jellybean
05-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Most likely Jorel is dead, because one of Superman's main foes is Braniac(other than Doomsday or course). We haven't seen a non-human villian in the show yet, so this could all eventually lead to Brainiac...the voice of "Jorel" even sounds like Brainiac.