PDA

View Full Version : FFXI or FFX-2

SilverChocobo
05-20-2004, 04:54 AM
I was wondering which game I should play? I have shyed away form FFXI because it is online. and looks like it could suck up all my time, (wtih no ending either) And FFX-2 didn't look to impressive.

I basically like to put in 60 hours into a game, and do a majority of the side quests, but not the really annoying ones (like dodging 200 lighting bolts). Can I get the most out of FFXI in 60 hours and get some sense of closure?

I have been dying to play a FF game. So which should I play. By the way I haven't played FFIX (9) yet either? So if you had to pick one. which one?

I have played pretty much all the others 1-8, and 10. I was thinking about wating for 12, but the whole star wars thing isn't quite working for me.

Roogle
05-20-2004, 02:19 PM
You'd probably want Final Fantasy X-2 if you just want another Final Fantasy game. Final Fantasy XI is full of sidequests and things like that, but it takes a lot of time.

eternalshiva
05-20-2004, 04:54 PM
FFX-2 was fun with a fulfiling ending, FFXI gets addictive and it has so much stuff to do in it, it can get overwhelming -.-' I recommend both.

metCloud
05-20-2004, 05:02 PM
I havent played either FF X-2 or XI....but you should definetly go play FF IX(9), you will enjoy putting many hours in that game, Lots of fun.

Citizen Bleys
05-20-2004, 06:09 PM
After 60 hours, you'll just be so addicted on FFXI that you'll give up crack forever.

Ouch!
05-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Like Bley's said, you can't simply play FFXI for just sixty hours. Like every online game, that's nothing. If you just to be able to beat a game and do everything (or near everything) go with X-2. You have to put a lot more time into FFXI to get everything out of it. I'm talking hundreds of hours.

Citizen Bleys
05-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Bley's

Perish like the worm you are

Del Murder
05-22-2004, 05:09 AM
XI has not struck me as the type of game you can get closure out of, which is one of the resaons I will probably never play it. So if you are like that go with X-2. It's not that bad for what it is.

SilverChocobo
06-01-2004, 04:23 AM
After 60 hours, you'll just be so addicted on FFXI that you'll give up crack forever.

Thanks, I guess I will avoid it then, I stared at the box in the store forever. As much as I wish I don't have hundred of hours to spend on a video game, even if it is Final Fantasy. Allthough my brain keeps giving messages to play it...

I went with IX for the nostaglia to the older FF. It's fun but it doesn't compare to my experience with X. Allmost done, then hopefully I can shelf my playstation2 for another year till XII comes out.

Roogle
06-01-2004, 02:29 PM
XI has not struck me as the type of game you can get closure out of, which is one of the resaons I will probably never play it. So if you are like that go with X-2. It's not that bad for what it is.

Exactly. It's not a matter of addiction, you just never get to a point where you're like, "Alright, it's been fun, blah blah, time to find a new game". Personally, for me, finding closure is just taking a single job to level 75, the highest level, but the creepy thing is that the game doesn't even end there, there's even MORE stuff to do.

eternalshiva
06-01-2004, 06:15 PM
omg there is so much to do in FFXI.. it's overwhelming ^_^ and with the added stuff coming in September I think this game is never going to end :/