PDA

View Full Version : Finals Week

Kirobaito
05-20-2004, 04:54 AM
Okay, in reality, I have no idea what y'all's schedules are for school, but at least for me (and as we all know, I'M the only one that matters:wink:), finals are next week. What finals are you taking? Are you actually going to :eek: study for them?!?!?!:eek: I'm not.

Our school is employing a new system for finals. If you're passing a class (with a 70%), and have 3 or less absences for the semester, you don't have to take that final. So, I should be exempt from all of them. However, I think I'm going to take my Geography final anyway, just to make sure I get an A for the semester. And, in band, we have to come, even if we are exempt. Apparently we need to "practice" for "graduation." Damn, and on my birthday, too. That's not cool. :mad:

The Captain
05-20-2004, 05:03 AM
Already finished my finals for the year. They were an eclectic mix of classes: Philosophy, History, Law, Theater, and Music.

I studied a little bit, but not really.

Good luck on your tests!

Take care all.

GrimmReaper
05-20-2004, 05:09 AM
my finals were yesterday, and monday. I had plans to study for all my exams....but i did like 5 minutes before my last exam, for that exam...and that was that.

Casey
05-20-2004, 05:11 AM
I usually do good on tests, and dont really do my work that much or I just dont turn it in. Though they let us have any due date as long as its 5 weeks before semester ends. But with this finals coming up, no big deal. :D

Evelia
05-20-2004, 06:09 AM
I have a fairly light load of classes this semester... Spanish II, English II and Psychology. The only teacher that's even mentioned a final is my Psych teacher, and I'm not too worried about that because it's open note and I have more notes than I know what to do with. ;) Not sure I'll even have finals for the other two classes. It's my last easy semester before I have a schedule packed with AP and Honors classes. gah.

Good luck on your finals, everyone.

Mo-Nercy
05-20-2004, 06:14 AM
Our school is employing a new system for finals. If you're passing a class (with a 70%), and have 3 or less absences for the semester, you don't have to take that final.
Omg. I want that system. I'm ranking somewhere in the bottom middle for every class but I'd still meet that criteria easily.

I have my half yearlies next week. 2 Unit Maths Advanced, Business Studies, 2 U English Advanced, 3 Unit Maths Extension, 3 Unit English Extension, Legal Studies. And there's no Ancient History exam. Yipee.... :(

Rainecloud
05-20-2004, 07:21 AM
I'm sure you'll all do well. Drink lots of coffee and stay up all night revising, and you'll be fine.

Yamaneko
05-20-2004, 07:51 AM
I have finals in three weeks for English (in-class essay), Cultural Anthropology, and U.S. Civilizations 1860-Present. Then I get a one week break and I'm back to school for the summer.

Calliope
05-20-2004, 08:04 AM
In about three weeks I've got exams for Anthro, Psych and Methods. Ugh.

Skogs
05-20-2004, 08:48 AM
I have nine exams over thirteen days. All of them except for one are three hours long (the other is 1 1/2 hours). Three exams in each of: pathology, molecular cell biology and neurobiology. I have studied - not as much as I'd should have done, though.

The first one is tomorrow. :cry:

Rye
05-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Mine are all mixed up in June. I have an English final and/or state exam (or I might've already took it) Science state exam and final, math state exam is done but I still need to do the final, and history state exam and final. :eep:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-20-2004, 12:30 PM
I have what you call the H.S.C here in Australia....i have like 2-3hours exam for (in my case) 6 subjects...im pissin' myself (of fear) here at the moment...im trying really hard to do well...

sephxangel
05-20-2004, 12:35 PM
I have to take my Final tomorrow...then it's just 3 more months and I will be certified (Medical Insurance Billing &Coding) Yay!

Mo-Nercy
05-20-2004, 12:56 PM
I have what you call the H.S.C here in Australia....i have like 2-3hours exam for (in my case) 6 subjects...im pissin' myself (of fear) here at the moment...im trying really hard to do well...
I hope you're not doing 4U Maths. I tried to do one of those questions once. I was like :eek:
Anyway, good luck in the HSC. I know how scary it is. I go to a really good school where everyone get's a high UAI. And I don't have to do it for another year. But I'm still totally freaked out.

I hate exams. They ruin my life. But I need to do well in them to not ruin my life.

White Raven
05-20-2004, 01:43 PM
My final exams were all two weeks ago. Statistics, Chemistry, Calculus and Earth Science. I crammed it up for 2 days straight before each exam, and I did alright in chem and earth science, but I ain't too sure aboot calc and stats...stupid maths >_<

Silmaril
05-20-2004, 03:31 PM
I have finished my finals. nothing but practicals left.

i am bored already. it's a bit sad.

Sephex
05-20-2004, 04:07 PM
I'm already done. I did great on all of them!

Shoeberto
05-20-2004, 04:52 PM
Finals for me are the week after next. I'm only really truly concerned about my Algebra II test. Our school has a thing where you have to pass the 4th quarter and the final or some other combination of passing, and I've been doing really terrible in that class lately. I've been trying to study and really look over my work before I say I'm done but I haven't been successful.

If I fail the class, there's a pretty good chance I'll be a Freshman again next year, so obviously I don't want that to happen.

Todie
05-20-2004, 09:24 PM
I too, have already finished my finals. They were last week! :D

Baloki
05-20-2004, 10:27 PM
More like Finals Month, that be the month of June with A-levels *Dies*

CloudDragon
05-21-2004, 05:49 AM
In high school for my finals, to be exempt from them, you must have at least a 93 average for the year, and the teachers have the choice of whether they want to exempt you are not, and I go to a private school.

I was exempt from every final I could be exempt from and that was 4 out of 7. I took the three finals earliert his week, one monday, one tuesday, and one wednesday. I know I got a 100% on my Comp Sci I final, and the others I think I did pretty good.

EDIT: Another good thing about semester exams and finals are that whenever we have them, we only have half days.

BatChao
05-21-2004, 05:54 AM
My finals are in about a month... maybe less. I'm taking Artificial Intelligence Theory, Signals and Systems, and Networking. I totally bombed the signals midterm, so I gotta do well on the final or I won't be able to graduate. :cry:

The Captain
05-21-2004, 06:20 AM
Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Take care all.

Rase
05-21-2004, 06:35 AM
Are you actually going to :eek: study for them?!?!?!:eek:

Studying is pointless. I always get the same grade , no matter what. Except in Spainish. :mad: Of course, my Spainish teacher kinda forgets to tell us what to study, so... :mad: :mad: :mad:

The Captain
05-21-2004, 06:44 AM
I find a little studying can't hurt. Not hitting the books every night for weeks before an exam, but reviewing your notes and key ideas isn't a bad idea.

Take care all.

BatChao
05-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Heehee. In high school, you can get away with not studying pretty easily... in college... if you don't study for certain classes, you are TOAST. Hmmm.. sometimes you're toast regardless since some professors like to pull questions out that are completely insane and slap them on a final.

Meat Puppet
05-21-2004, 01:05 PM
I've got mid terms in a couple of weeks and they are suck, like every exam I have is a clash because I do a mixture of year12 & year13 :mad:

I really should study for them, I'm going to tell myserlf to, but I know deep inside I'll be too lazy.

Dragonflame
05-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Don't study! Studying is evil! I wrote an essay for one of my classes explaining that studying is actually a CIA conspiracy that rots your brain and causes Alzheimers. Don't do it! Resist the temptation! No studying!

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-21-2004, 09:49 PM
I hope you're not doing 4U Maths. I tried to do one of those questions once. I was like :eek:
Anyway, good luck in the HSC. I know how scary it is. I go to a really good school where everyone get's a high UAI. And I don't have to do it for another year. But I'm still totally freaked out.

I hate exams. They ruin my life. But I need to do well in them to not ruin my life.

Nah i dont do 4u math....i was hocked when i saw their textbook....its friggen ridiculus...it is pretty scary...pressures begining to get to me though...

Lindy
05-21-2004, 09:55 PM
June 10th - June 29th

Exams, spread over a number of days, just an hour or so on each of those set days, never more than two hours.

I'm going to fail.