PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite SNL skits of all time?

Lord Chainsaw
05-20-2004, 04:25 PM
Saturday Night Live has been on for a good 30 or so years, and there's been plenty of funny skits on that show.

Out of all the skits they've ever done, which ones are your favorites?
It was tough for me to narrow it down to 5, but I have narrowed down my favorite Saturday Night Live skits.

1. Cowbell - This is the funniest skit of all time. Christopher Walken and the cowbell. "I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

2. Chris Farley the motivational speaker - "I live in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!"

3. Schmidt's Gay - I believe this one had Adam Sandler and someone else... it was quite funny.

4. The pepper shaker - I forget who was in this one, but it had these two perverted Italian waiters putting pepper on their customer's food just to get a look at women's breasts. "You like a the peppa?"

5. The Ladies Man - Yeah, so the movie wasn't that great. It works a lot better when it's a 5 minute skit. It was pretty funny.

Polaris
05-20-2004, 04:31 PM
SNL skits? :confused:

m4tt
05-20-2004, 04:47 PM
I've never really been a huge fan of SNL. I do have Adam Sandler's greatest SNL moments or whatever, and I'd have to say that Opera Man is quite hillarious.

SNL skits? :confused:

Saturday Night Live.

White Raven
05-20-2004, 07:11 PM
The Cow Bell one with Christopher Walken is great, but I think that it's overrated as skits go. Same goes for the Celebrity Jeopardy ones.

Continuous skits I like:
~Toonces
~Waynes World
~Matt Foley: Motivational Speaker
~The Continental
~Mr. Bill
~Sprockets
~Bill Swerski's Super Fans
~Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy
~Dog Show
~NPR
~Seinfeld OZ
~Space: The Infinite Frontier
~Inside the Actors Studio
(There are so many more, that I can't think of right now...)

Other things...
Best Actor: Phil Hartman
Best Actress: Molly Shannon
Best Weekend Update: Norm McDonald
Best Host: Christopher Walken
Best Musical Guest: Neil Young

eestlinc
05-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Bad Idea Jeans

The Captain
05-20-2004, 09:56 PM
"The Basa-balla has a beena berry gooda to mea"

"We're two wild and crazy guys!"

"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

"King Tut."

Land Shark was always wonderful as well.

Basically every skit from the first four seasons was classic.

Take care all.

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Hey Norm. If you were a hot dog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

I know I would. I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish.... I'd be so delicious.

Strider
05-20-2004, 11:48 PM
Celebrity Jeopardy with Sean Connery.

"I'll take The Rapists for $100."
"That's therapists."

Dignified Pauper
05-21-2004, 05:07 AM
I'll take "enis Mightier!"
That's "pen is mightier"

Yes, that is my favorite as well.

And when Will Farrell impersonates George Bush Jr.

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Ravioli?
Holy Canoli!

Erdrick Holmes
05-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Jerret's room. The Turkey "pot" pie joke never ceaces to amuse me.

fire_of_avalon
05-21-2004, 09:26 PM
I loved the Ukrainian Brothers and alot from the really old ones. And the "DAaaaaa Bears" skits always cracked me up, but I don't really know why.

The Captain
05-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Chris Farley, he could have the worst material to work with, and still get me to crack a smile.

Phil Hartman, the king of being solid, professional, and giving his cast members laughs.

Those two, along with Ms. Radner and Mr. Belushi were probably 4 of the top ten SNL cast members ever.

Take care all.

Rye
05-22-2004, 11:04 PM
The only one I've ever seen: Harry Potter and the Onset of Puberty. As much as I despise Lindsay Lohand, that was just funny.

m4tt
05-25-2004, 06:07 PM
Hey Norm. If you were a hot dog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

I know I would. I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish.... I'd be so delicious.

It's a simple question doctor, would you eat the moon if it was made of ribs. I know I would, heck I'd have seconds.

Does your name make you hungry? Linda Ham!

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-25-2004, 06:14 PM
Chris Farley, he could have the worst material to work with, and still get me to crack a smile.

Phil Hartman, the king of being solid, professional, and giving his cast members laughs.

Those two, along with Ms. Radner and Mr. Belushi were probably 4 of the top ten SNL cast members ever.

Take care all.

You, good sir, are forgetting Mr. Farrell.

Lord Chainsaw
05-25-2004, 07:50 PM
They just had the Best of Christopher Walken on Saturday. That was THE FUNNIEST episode I've seen in a long time.

Some of those skits were classic.

The one where he was a prophet:

"You're going to be eating a pistachio tomorrow. You won't be able to open it with your fingers... so you're gonna use your teeth. And it's gonna taste bad."

The census one:

"How many people live in your apartment sir?"

"80."

And then of course the one where he killed the guy on that prank show. And the legendary Blue Oyster Cult skit with the cowbell was there as well.

Does anyone remember Hanz and Franz? That one was pretty funny.

Dingo Jellybean
05-25-2004, 10:57 PM
There was that one recent skit with Janet Jackson as Condelezza Rice with Dick Chaney, one of the best in recent memory.

Lord Chainsaw
05-26-2004, 02:42 AM
I found the script for the census skit that played on Saturday. It was pretty funny:

Census-Taker.....Tim Meadows
Mr. Leonard.....Christopher Walken

Census-Taker: Mr. Leonard? I'm with the U.S. Census Bureau. We sent you a Census form, but you failed to return it to us.
Mr. Leonard: My mail is piled up like crazy.
Census-Taker: Yeah. Well, I just need to fill out this Census form with you. Uh.. how many people live in this residence?
Mr. Leonard:Oh, boy.. good question. I'm bad with numbers.. Maybe 80.
Census-Taker: 80 people live in this apartment?
Mr. Leonard: Seems high, doesn't it? Not 80. How about 4? I don't know.. I'm so bad at guestimating..
Census-Taker: Well, just take your time, and count.
Mr. Leonard: Okay.. there's me.. my wife.. our plants.. we have some candy bars..
Census-Taker: Well, you know, we don't count candy bars or plants..
Mr. Leonard: Well, then, there's just the two of us. Boy, I really overshot with the 80!
Census-Taker: Listen, don't worry about it. I'm gonna put you down as the Primary Resident, okay? Now, are you currently employed?
Mr. Leonard: Yeah.. part of the time.
Census-Taker: Well, you work part-time. How many days of the week?
Mr. Leonard: Every day.. but just part of the day. From 9 to 5.
Census-Taker: So, you work a full day?
Mr. Leonard: I wouldn't say that. There are huge chunks of time.. at night.. where I'm just asleep. For hours. It's ridiculous.
Census-Taker: No, it's not that ridiculous. Mr. Leonard, do you own or rent this apartment?
Mr. Leonard: Sure. You have to ask one of the other 79 people.
Census-Taker: You mean your wife?
Mr. Leonard: Yeah.
Census-Taker: Well, can I talk to her, then?
Mr. Leonard: She won't answer you. She's a bobcat.
Census-Taker: You got a bobcat in there?
Mr. Leonard: Well, I have a permit. [ reaches into apartment and pulls out a sheet of paper ] Here you go.
Census-Taker: [ examines paper ] This is a permit to run a nail salon.
Mr. Leonard: Wrong one! Wrong one! [ pulls another sheet of paper out of his apartment ]
Census-Taker: [ examines paper ] This is a permit to do street performances.
Mr. Leonard: Yeah. My wife's a big part of the act.
Census-Taker: [ shaking head ] You know what? Fine. [ changing subject ] Mr. Leonard, are you a citizen of the United States?
Mr. Leonard: I have dual-citizenship with the United States and Florida.
Census-Taker: Florida is a part of the United States.
Mr. Leonard: Don't push your politics on me, pal. All's I know is when I turned 50, I was issued a Florida passport. [ hands him the "passport" ] Here you go.
Census-Taker: [ examining "passport" ] Alright.. this is a novelty birthday card. And it says, "You're over the hill. Here's a passport to Florida." This is not a real passport.
Mr. Leonard: I don't know.. you know? Whenever I go to Florida, I show it at the border, and they always let me in!
Census-Taker: Listen, Mr. Leonard. A real passport wouldn't have a picture of a sexy nurse on it. This is a joke card.
Mr. Leonard: Well.. it's a hell of a forgery!
Census-Taker: [ exasperated ] Okay, let's just proceed as if this were going really well. Now, how long have you lived at this address?
Mr. Leonard: Oh, man! There you go with the numbers again!
Census-Taker: Just take your time.
Mr. Leonard: Well, what do most people say?
Census-Taker: That's not important!
Mr. Leonard: I feel an enormous amount of pressure to get this right. I want to win that car!
Census-Taker: [ shaking his head ] There's no car, Mr. Leonard! How long have you lived here?
Mr. Leonard: Alright, when I moved in, it was the Spring, and Clinton was President.. I'd just gotten out of jail.. I'd say an hour.
Census-Taker: Alright, let me go over this again, then. You are a convicted criminal, living alone in an apartment with a bobcat. And you work 56 hours a week as a street performer.
Mr. Leonard: When you say it like that, my life sounds pretty damn good!
Census-Taker: You know what? I've talked to a lot of people all over this country.. and your life is pretty damn good. You wanna get a beer?
Mr. Leonard: You know, I'd love to, but.. [ points into apartment ] ..you know.. the ol' ball and chain..
Census-Taker: Alright. Take care.
Mr. Leonard: Have a good one. [ returns into the apartment to find his bobcat/wife growling at him ] Again?! We just did it!

Kirobaito
05-26-2004, 02:59 AM
The only one I've ever seen: Harry Potter and the Onset of Puberty. As much as I despise Lindsay Lohand, that was just funny.
I thought that was quite hilarious, too.

I love the Connery Celebrity Jeopardy, and just about everything by Steve Martin.

Yamaneko
05-26-2004, 03:31 AM
The Continental with Christopher Walken is the greatest SNL skit of all time.

The Captain
05-26-2004, 06:05 AM
"You, good sir, are forgetting Mr. Farrell."

Indeed, I did. I named the four SNL cast members that have passed away, to the best of my knowledge, to reflect how such great talent has been lost. Ferrell, Mike Myers, Ackroyd, Murray, Martin, Murphy and the early Chevy Chase were the cream of the crop for me who are still living.

Take care all.

Siwolae
06-05-2004, 05:25 AM
I like the Jeopardy skits with Sean Connery and that one week when the Rock hosted. The Superman skit that he did cracked me up and so did the one when he was the father of the monkey boy. lol.

Schmidt's Gay and the Cowbell skit cracked me up too. ^______^