PDA

View Full Version : The Old TGIF

Vermachtnis
05-21-2004, 04:14 AM
I mean when it was fairly new and had shows like Dinosaur, Boy Meets World, Family Matters, and Full House. I remember watching them every friday night. Now they're spread out and Dinosaur doesn't even come on anymore. Any one else miss this. I mean what's on now is ok but it doesn't beat the good stuff. Like "Not the momma" and "Ooops, did I do that again?" Classic, classic stuff.

Kirobaito
05-21-2004, 04:41 AM
Yeah, it was good. But, of course, the TGIF I remember was Boy Meets World and Home Improvement, and two other random shows, probably Family Matters was one of them. Does TGIF even come on any more?

Del Murder
05-21-2004, 04:58 AM
Diosaurs was funny. 'Not the mama!' That baby was classic.

Dr Unne
05-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Holy crap I feel old. I remember watching the first episode of Family Matters, which was apparently in 1989. I remember talking about Full House on the bus in 4th or 5th grade. I don't think I could sit through a whole 2 hours of those shows today without taking my own life.

Calliope
05-21-2004, 11:43 AM
The...Good...Is...Fine...

OH! Thank God It's Friday xD

Haha Eric and Mr Feeney xDDDDDDDDD

I miss...The Cosby Show, Caroline in the City, and...OH MY GOD MARRIED WITH CHILDREN! And Quantum Leap and Seinfeld and MacGuyver and wow I spent way too much time as an urchin watching telly and I'm quite glad I don't watch it now, although I'm afraid I would if I were home...argh...

White Raven
05-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Hah, I remember all of those...Boy Meets World, Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step...what kind of name is Topanga anyways? I don't think that I've seen that name anywhere else ever.

Doc Sark
05-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Dammit and here was me thinking this was gonna be a thread about the classic Chris Evans chat show. Never mind.

m4tt
05-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Boy Meets World is one of my favorite shows of all time. It's still on the disney channel sometimes. :p

I used to watch the old TGIF every week. Dinosaur was awesome.

Shoeberto
05-21-2004, 04:52 PM
I watched it all the time as a kid. Watching the shows now, they're lame, but they were so cool back then. ;_;

fire_of_avalon
05-21-2004, 09:19 PM
KB, I don't think Home Improvement was ever on TGIF, I remember it coming on Tuesday nights at eight. But I could be crazy.

I agree with Unne. I've tried to watch Full House, Family Matters and Step by Step in syndication... they make me hurt inside with their cheesiness.

Boy Meets World is still good though.

Kirobaito
05-21-2004, 11:10 PM
KB, I don't think Home Improvement was ever on TGIF, I remember it coming on Tuesday nights at eight. But I could be crazy.

I agree with Unne. I've tried to watch Full House, Family Matters and Step by Step in syndication... they make me hurt inside with their cheesiness.

Boy Meets World is still good though.

I remember it being on Tuesday night, too, but for a few years, it was on TGIF. They moved it back later.

Rye
05-21-2004, 11:17 PM
I miss Boy meets World and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. :(

Montoya
05-22-2004, 06:23 AM
Ahh . . . nostalgia brews. I miss a bunch of those shows, like most of the people here I don't watch them anymore, but not because I can't stand them. I just don't think they are funny anymore.