PDA

View Full Version : Update on Website (No Cid?!)

Trumpet Thief
05-21-2004, 05:01 AM
Recently checked the Advent Children site in the character section, and they have the names of all the characters in the movie. Although they might add more characters, I highly doubt it.

I bet that many of you have already seen this, but the reason for this topic is that maybe Cid will not be in the movie. Although it would add a great comic relief to the movie if Cid were in it, I think Square-Enix wanted to make FFVII:AC a completely serious movie.

zacks_clone
05-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Recently checked the Advent Children site in the character section, and they have the names of all the characters in the movie. Although they might add more characters, I highly doubt it.

I bet that many of you have already seen this, but the reason for this topic is that maybe Cid will not be in the movie. Although it would add a great comic relief to the movie if Cid were in it, I think Square-Enix wanted to make FFVII:AC a completely serious movie.

Explain to me why Barret is in it

DocFrance
05-22-2004, 02:15 AM
That's it. I'm going to go poke all their eyes out with a spear. Someone get me an airplane ticket to Japan.

Cloudane
05-26-2004, 06:10 PM
They can't have a Final Fantasy without Cid!!

Even the black sheep known as Spirits Within had one! (Well, Sid, but same idea)

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2004, 06:12 PM
It doesnt mean anything. They didnt announce/show/put Tifa on the website until very recently, right? If they're going to show an optional character (Vincent) and the Turks, I dont see why they wont show Cid. Give it time.

Ultima Shadow
05-26-2004, 06:16 PM
WHY!??? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????? :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
It can't be!!!!! In ff7 Cid is important, fun and a good figther. Then why shouldn't he be there?

Cloudane
05-26-2004, 06:23 PM
I agree that along with the other characters, he'll probably appear when they actually get around to rendering him and giving him a story :) Remember it's only about 20% done or something like that.

You can almost guarantee that he'll turn up with Shera on his arm flying the Highwind II to take them to the Ancient City or something like that.

System Id
05-26-2004, 08:34 PM
I'd be very surprised if Cid played any sort of major role in the movie, but I'd also be very surprised if he wasn't in it at all. He seems like the perfect cameo-character to me - stop by for a scene or two, be funny, help the main characters out, then go on his merry way. Kind of like how Jar Jar was treated in Attack of the Clones. Only Jar Jar wasn't funny. Or helpful.

zacks_clone
05-26-2004, 10:42 PM
I'd be very surprised if Cid played any sort of major role in the movie, but I'd also be very surprised if he wasn't in it at all. He seems like the perfect cameo-character to me - stop by for a scene or two, be funny, help the main characters out, then go on his merry way. Kind of like how Jar Jar was treated in Attack of the Clones. Only Jar Jar wasn't funny. Or helpful.

Jar Jar was the senators aid. without him, there wouldnt be any clone soilders fighting with the republic. He was a big help. Sadly, he wasnt amusing...enless you count his speach.

But i think your right about Cid. He'd be great to just come in,and go out(with a tangle of !*@&% here and there:P)Maybe a stop by rocket town,and see how things are going. Oh,how did cloud get to the sleeping forest?maybe the highwind and cid