PDA

View Full Version : Ursala argh.

Kami
05-21-2004, 11:37 PM
I don't know why but I can't defeat her the first time I fight her. Maybe it's because I need to level up more of I just suck. I know I'm suppose to kill the cauldron thing with magic but the eels and the spinning tentacles fustrate me while i'm trying to put out the cauldron. Can anyone help me?

Kirobaito
05-22-2004, 12:19 AM
The two eels shouldn't be too much of a problem during this fight, and you can knock them out by hitting them enough. What you have to do in this fight to damage Ursula is hit her cauldron with spells. I'm still not really sure how this fight is won, but keep casting rapid Fira spells on her pot until it backfires and hits her. She will be stunned for a little while, so you should use every last second of this opportunity to beat the crap out of her.

Now that I've satisfied her, I'll start. I ALWAYS killed Flotsam and Jetsam, because they annoyed me. It took a bit longer than usual, but it was easier. I didn't think it was that hard. I guess it wouldn't hurt to level up, though.

Lord Xehanort
05-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Okay... I'll take a whack at it.

You can assign Donald and Ariel (don't use Goofy in Atlantica, he suxors) to Flotsam and Jetsam by locking on and pressing Triangle. That'll hold them off. Now for the cauldron. I think you're supposed to hit it with the corresponding magic. (Red=Fire, Blue=Blizzard, Yellow=Thunder) Lock on to it and cast away. If Ursula starts spinning, swim away. I'm not sure, but I think you have that Mermaid Kick Ability. If you don't, just swerve around a lot. Ursula goes in straight lines. So curve and dive down and swim up often. After you get her stunned with the cauldron exploding, Lock on to her and pummel away. If you run low on MP for Cure, smack the eels around. They'll pass out for awhile and you should be able to recover a bit of MP. Chug Ethers if you have to. Potions may be useful.

Good luck.

Del Murder
05-22-2004, 06:03 AM
Attacking the eels is a good way to replenish MP, and you'll need it for this one. I don't think Ursula will spin around if you stay away from her.

TasteyPies
05-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Or you can do this...

1. Get fed up that its a little mermaid level.
2. buy a codebreaker
3. go to www.codebreaker.com
4. get the atlantica completed code
5. enter it in the code device
6. hum the victory fan fare

Auron Valentine
06-02-2004, 09:53 AM
I beat he by going crzy and firing magic at whatever got in my way. It worked in the end.

Bahumat
06-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Attacking the eels is a good way to replenish MP, and you'll need it for this one. I don't think Ursula will spin around if you stay away from her.

nope. she just spins toward you after you attack her (after knocking her out). Even if you don't attack, she'll do it.

eternalshiva
06-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Umm... I let Donald and Goofy kick the crap out of Ursula, load myself up with Elixirs and place myself in front of the cauldron and cast magic on it until ursula goes all *Why! WHY!!!!* You're just supposed to concentrate on the cauldron, it's how the battle is won ^_^ takes three minutes tops to beat her at this spot ... at level 46. ^_^ ok maybe 5 but I was busy avoiding dying. You WILL get killed once or twice this way but that's why you load your buddies with Hi-Potions or the three way potion thing... forget what it's called. The fight that is a pain in the arse is the Giant version of Ursula :mad: she suxs! *dies* I never even bother to LOOK at Ursula, just concentrate on the cauldron, you waste magic if you go after Ursula cause the pot is the key! err WOoT!1!!!11!

EDIT: and that's in MASTER mode ^_^

Bahumat
06-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Right, big ursula is a real pain in the ****. if you have too much trouble with her, level up a lot, then use the walkthrough at the main eyesonff-kingdom hearts site. :p

MoonZapdos
06-30-2004, 05:19 PM
See Gamefaqs's Kingdom Hearts's Boss FAQ.

Chibi Youkai
07-04-2004, 02:10 PM
I just hit the cauldren with fire spells till Ursula passed out then attacked her. It was a fairly workable strategy for me.

MateriaBladeVII
07-04-2004, 02:45 PM
You know- this boss battle was the most difficult for me, too. It took me a couple tries to get the hang of it. Just blast the cauldron with magic spells and when she's stunned, hit her. Recharge by hitting Flotsam and Jetsam. I hated the Ursula battles... they sucked... The only other boss that gave me trouble was Riku in Hollow Bastion (the 2nd time you fight him).

King Counter
07-13-2004, 11:50 PM
I had trouble with Ursula 1. When I first found out that you have to hit the cauldron I couldn't get it to work to save my life so I said "aw screw it" and tried to do the whole thing using physical attacks. I got good enough at it that I could completely diminish her health meter [even though it took an hour] but she just wouldn't die for some reason. So out of pure frustration I went back to the cauldron and for some reason this time it worked and I defeated her easily that time. Whether or not the magic worked seemed to be completely random, but I'm sure I was doing something wrong I wasn't aware of.

kikimm
07-18-2004, 05:41 AM
I did pretty much the exact same thing as King Counter. I died like, 7 times trying to do the cauldron thing, but the fireballs, or whatever, always missed, or I couldn't get to her. So I just hit her enough, and she finally lost all her health....but she didn't die. I was pissed, because I didn't want to do it all for nothing, so I just decided to go to the cauldron. I put a couple of firas in it, poof, dead. It takes a long time, but it was the only way I could beat the stupid thing.

:D

Ryth
08-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Yeah Ursala is a bitch to beat in round 1 you have to do something to her cauldron and that's all I remember.

Giga Guess
09-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Ansem gave the most sage advice, or at least the closest to what I used that worked. Just pay attention to the cauldron, keep moving, and blast the cauldron with the opposing element to it's color (I don't think I've ever seen it go yellow, though....). Soon as Ursala is dazed, GO FREAKIN' BALLISTIC. She has pathetic defence, so in a round, you should be able to almost defeat her. I did it in two stuns (admittedly, VERY spaced apart....) Anyone done better?

Oh, and to build up some hope for you...you think THIS is bad? it's just a warm-up for the nightmare to come...