PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on FFVIII.

Misfit
05-22-2004, 12:23 AM
FFVIII was one awful game. Squall was, in my opinion, too over friendly towards other male characters, such as Zell. Irvine however, could have tried to fashion a love interest out of one of the females, as he appeared to be lonely and shy, and female companionship could benefit him. Rinoa could have been that companionship, as she seemed to be in love with Irvine from the start, in between her manic depressiveness. At one point, I even believed she would kill herself. Quistis was a character who I thought was morally wrong, as she made several references to drug abuse, such as "Zell, can you fix me up?" and "How much cannabis can I buy for 10 gil?" Selphie was also a character I was not liking. She always seemed so rude and arrogant to me, such as when she started to chase Zell and accuse him of homosexuality ("I like trains" is the relevant quote, I think.) Her yellow dress was undoubtedly symbolism for urine, suggesting she was out to urinate on other characters. I felt sorry for Zell, but I also felt he was too relaxed and quiet. Also his suggestive love for hotdogs was obviously symbolism for his sexuality, and his love for Squall, which was too undeveloped in my opinion.

In conclusion, the characters of FFVIII were poor and un-defined. Who agrees?

Psychotic
05-22-2004, 12:25 AM
I agree. FFVIII was an immoral debaunchery, and an insult to the Final Fantasy name.

I notice you didn't comment on Seifer, who was one of the greatest things in the game, which his general friendliness and politeness to other characters, such as Irvine, and between the two of them I could see a male bond (not homosexual) forming.

Lord Xehanort
05-22-2004, 12:29 AM
WTF?! Quistis never says that! No one ever implied that Zell was a homosexual! Irvine tried to get a relationship with Selphie! None of that is accurate!

The main thing wrong with FFVIII is that it was a huge soap opera.

Psychotic
05-22-2004, 12:31 AM
It's all down to interpretation, Ansem.

Kirobaito
05-22-2004, 12:41 AM
I agree.

*completely decides to vote for Misfit in the sexiest video game female award that Proto is making*

Misfit
05-22-2004, 12:44 AM
o_o

Kirobaito
05-22-2004, 12:46 AM
o_o
It's a long story.

SeeDRankLou
05-22-2004, 12:56 AM
FFVIII was one awful game. Squall was, in my opinion, too over friendly towards other male characters, such as Zell. Irvine however, could have tried to fashion a love interest out of one of the females, as he appeared to be lonely and shy, and female companionship could benefit him. Rinoa could have been that companionship, as she seemed to be in love with Irvine from the start, in between her manic depressiveness. At one point, I even believed she would kill herself. Quistis was a character who I thought was morally wrong, as she made several references to drug abuse, such as "Zell, can you fix me up?" and "How much cannabis can I buy for 10 gil?" Selphie was also a character I was not liking. She always seemed so rude and arrogant to me, such as when she started to chase Zell and accuse him of homosexuality ("I like trains" is the relevant quote, I think.) Her yellow dress was undoubtedly symbolism for urine, suggesting she was out to urinate on other characters. I felt sorry for Zell, but I also felt he was too relaxed and quiet. Also his suggestive love for hotdogs was obviously symbolism for his sexuality, and his love for Squall, which was too undeveloped in my opinion.

In conclusion, the characters of FFVIII were poor and un-defined. Who agrees?

OMG WHAT!!!!!

What were you on when you played this game? There are things left to interpretation, but yours and blatant and maddening misinterpretation to its fullest extent. I'm just not even going to go into it except to say that you have no idea what you're talking about, and I really can't even fathom how you got all of that crap, especially some of the lines that you either COMPLETELY took out of context or just made up. You pulling some of this stuff so far out of left field you're in the parking lot. What you said was completely and totally just....wrong on so many levels.

Denmark
05-22-2004, 01:08 AM
I don't think Misfit was "on" anything. I, in fact, think she is completely correct, and all non-believers should be shot.

Shoyku
05-22-2004, 01:22 AM
Yeah, those guys at Square. Wacky wacky folk.

Erdrick Holmes
05-22-2004, 03:24 AM
People say how much they dislike a game and make pointless threads about it. Did it ever occur that nobody cares? Seriously.

Misfit
05-22-2004, 03:30 AM
Seriously.

Trumpet Thief
05-22-2004, 03:38 AM
I agree with SeedRankLou; Most of the things you have up there are completely innacurate, no question about it.

I have just realized that this whole thing must be a joke, for you have told the exact opposite of the characters of FFVIII. Hopefully I am not being too harsh.

DocFrance
05-22-2004, 03:46 AM
I'll have to admit, that's one of the funniest things I've read lately.

But you're still banned at FG, Misfit :p

Misfit
05-22-2004, 03:56 AM
But you're still banned at FG, Misfit :p
That's what you think. 8-)

Rusty
05-22-2004, 07:41 AM
I hate these I hate FF8 threads.....but I love FF8.

TasteyPies
05-22-2004, 03:31 PM
FF8 is the best thing that happened to ff....if you want to talk about oopsies talk about ff2, ffx, ffx-2, and ffXI (making a game cost almost 3x the normal cost....come on people)

Peegee
05-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Seriously, why do people even pay for FF11? Holy crap.

Anyway, as for FF8 I always considered Cid to be the closet...bad...person. I mean, he touched the boys (and selphie) in the graduation ceremony. That's just wrong. He's a married man for PG's sake!

NORG is just wrong. Nuff said.

DocFrance
05-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Why are all of you people taking this so seriously? It's Misfit, for chrissake. I never take anything she says seriously.

Del Murder
05-22-2004, 05:00 PM
Nice try.