PDA

View Full Version : Choice of Race and its impact

LetoKasu
05-22-2004, 02:52 AM
Ok, im thinking of making a RNG/NIN, and i am aware of the idea that the idea of this sub is the amazing agility, but im not about to choose a 'cute' kitty race (im a guy... :confused: ). I am leaning towards Elvaan, just because of their looks, amazingness. But they have the worst starting agility.
So my question is this.... Do the bonuses of the RNG/NIN and the items available over compensate for the lower agility?

-Leto

Lionx
05-22-2004, 04:14 AM
They can somewhat make up losses for it, but in the end the races that are stronger at some point, are statisically better than the ones that are weak in it, like a Galka RDM will never be as good as a Taru one, despite all the MP gear and INT and MND gear, so race does matter a whole lot. Elvaans are weak with AGI and DEX, hence your going to have to max out everything, and you wont be better than a Mithra with same or similar Equips. Tarus are the second best at AGI and DEX, but if you dont like being one, a Hume would be best for averageness. Galkas can work but soso. Mithra the best in AGI and DEX, followed by Taru, then Hume, then Galka, then Elvaan.

But remember skill > Equips/stats, if you can pull it off, then it would be fine, but statisically speaking, Mithra is on top, always will. But sometimes you cant care less, build your rep and try to get good gear to compensate as much as you can.