PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tired of ABC/ESPN's NHL/NBA/MLB coverage?

Dingo Jellybean
05-22-2004, 04:41 AM
Whent he NBA went over to ABC/ESPN over NBC, I knew it was a mistake. NBC dedicated a good portion of their time to the NBA. Ever since they moved to ESPN/ABC, the ratings have dropped significantly for almost every televised game.

I'm kind of frustrated by this because I don't have cable. Not only that, the All-Star game is on ESPN. It got a 5 rating this year, which is outstanding for cable, but nothing like the 9 rating to even a 16 rating NBC got for it's broadcasts.

In fact, FOX or CBS broadcasted more football games than ABC broadcasted NHL/NBA games COMBINED. NHL/NBA games are played anywhere from 2-5 times a week. Not only that, ABC is pulling one playoff game a week? "ABC Sports" is one of the best examples of an oxymoron I can ever remember. ABC Sports is basically hypocritical in it's own statement. I know like 90% of you have cable, but my gawd, and to think ABC is still wondering why it gets low ratings. ESPN's baseball coverage is even more absurd. Baseball is played anywhere from 5-7 times a week and the best they can do is pull out "ESPN Sunday Night Baseball." I mean ESPN covers these obscure sports, which I don't mind, but it's often Curling that gets more coverage than even the NFL. I'm so sick of ESPN calling itself a sports coverage network when what they mostly do is just keep broadcasting ESPN Sportscenter instead of actual telecasts of the four professional sports.

So yeah, I know ABC has it's primetime schedule, and the only thing they have going for them is Monday Night Football, but ABC is so damn crappy at covering sports it's not even funny. They think they're like a sports network and such...it's all garbage. I don't even think there's an NBA game this Sunday on ABC...it's a WNBA game!!! Who the hell watches that? I mean I'm a great advocate for women's sports and all, but please...I rather watch a 1-0 hockey game. So yeah, ABC sucks...so does their programming...the Practice...please.

Kirobaito
05-22-2004, 04:44 AM
Venting a bit, here, Dingo?

Of course, I agree. ABC does not have a good sports program. I preferred NBC's broadcasts. 'Nuff said.

...even Fox is better. *runs*

Dingo Jellybean
05-22-2004, 04:48 AM
Venting a bit, here, Dingo?

Of course, I agree. ABC does not have a good sports program. I preferred NBC's broadcasts. 'Nuff said.

...even Fox is better. *runs*

Yes, I mean ABC dedicates it's resources to figure skating...WTF is that? And it wonders WHY IT GETS LOW RATINGS FOR IT'S SPORTS COVERAGE. Gee, I wonder what it could be.

The Captain
05-22-2004, 08:17 AM
If ABC wants to help themselves, they should hire the Inside The NBA team to cover the games, not Tom Tolbert, and these other people. I enjoy Tolbert, but give me Sir Charles!

ESPN, has really become too full of itself. It's monopolized the sports industry and needs a little healthy competition. I can't even watch Sportscenter now because it's so full of stupid catch-phrases and anchers trying to one up each other.

Bring back the NBA on NBC! Cue that old music we know and love!

Take care all.