PDA

View Full Version : Too much Zelda.

Rase
05-22-2004, 07:47 AM
Inspired by the "You know you've been playing Metal Gear Solid too much..." thread.

You Know You've Played Too Much Zelda If:

1. You stand on a block of wood and shoot arrows at the sun until they catch on fire.

2. You find a hungry pig blocking your driveway and feed it some meat hoping that it will somehow disappear.

3. You return the dog that the lady next door lost and demand a piece of her heart in return.

4. You go to a trashy hotel after midnight, go up next to the only toilet, flush it repeatedly and wonder why no hand pops out.

5. You dress up as Ganondorf for Halloween and have your friend dress up as Link. He uses his sword and pretends to kill you. You spit out fake red blood. The next year, you and your friend dress up the same, and he attacks you again. This time, you spit out fake green blood.

6. Your aunt and uncle are moving to a new house and don’t have the strength to lift up their refrigerator. You say, “I can help! I’m wearing a golden bracelet!”

7. You rent a horse, ride it to the Grand Canyon and ride it at full speed trying to jump over it.

8. You go to a chicken farm, put on a dog mask, and march around playing the flute, hoping that the little chicks will follow you and magically turn into hens.

9. After you get married, you insist that everybody calls you Honey and her Darling.

10. You take a geography test and are asked to name the seven continents. Your answer is “There’re only four! Hyrule, Termina, Labrynna, and Holodrum! And Kohonolit Island doesn’t count because it’s just imaginary!”

11. You go to the local jeweler and ask him where his two pet snakes are.

12. You go to the aquarium with a frog, give it to the main scientist there and ask him why he isn’t eating it.

13. You see a beggar on the streets of a big city and show him some bugs in a bottle. He replies, “Give me some beer, for free, for free.”

14. You start a religious cult that you call, “Believers of the existence of the Triforce in OoT!”

15. Black Widow spiders don’t frighten you at all, but red and blue ones scare you to death.

16. You can recite, word for word, Shiek/Princess Zelda’s speech to you while in the Temple of Time. Your friend, also a Zelda fanatic, insists that Zelda held the Triforce of Courage and Link held the Triforce of Power. You never speak to him, ever again.

17. You know the answer to this question, and would bet your life upon it, “Where is the Triforce in Ocarina of Time?”

18. You set the Ocarina on a certain button as soon as you get it, and get really mad when your little sister plays your game and moves it to another one.

19. You know Link’s last name.

20. You find any, yes any, of the women in OoT or MM to be attractive.

21. You’ve found any of this to be funny.

22. You learn Japanese for the sole purpose of writing a letter to Shigeru Miyamoto.

23. Whenever you’re sick, you tell your mom, “I don’t need any medicine. Just give me some red potion. And if you could put it in a glass bottle, that would be great.”

24. When you’re about to die, you suddenly realize that you’ve never played Ocarina of Time or Majora’s Mask with a rumble pack. You tell your eldest child to change your epitaph to “John Smith, known as Link37485 until just before his death when he changed his name. His reason: ‘I am unworthy.’”

25. You are scared to death of trampolines unless you have your purple sunglasses, your bow and arrow, and your toy sword.

Sephex
05-22-2004, 10:02 AM
61. I need sissor--wait...

I mean...

26. You buy a sword, put it in a stone floor, and expect to skip ahead ten years of your life.

Levian
05-22-2004, 12:25 PM
27. You look intensly into mirrors, hoping it will lead you into the dark world.

28. You try to get whales to eat you so you can walk around inside them(jabu jabu)

29. You try wearing your magical cape and enter the women's wardrobe.

30. You push tombstones over, in hope to find Dampe's grave.

Kirobaito
05-22-2004, 07:18 PM
31. You grab a chicken and put it over your head. You then jump off a building, expecting that you would float safely to the ground.

Behold the Void
05-22-2004, 07:32 PM
32. You start whacking chickens with your sword, trying to get them all to chase you because it's so much fun.

33. All your bills are paid in rupees.

34. You know that the rupee is an actual, real world currency.

35. You remember the name of the country that uses the rupee (I sure as hell don't).

36. You put on a blue shirt and try to breath underwater.

37. You put on a red shirt and jump into a volcano.

38. You clutch your belongings possesively whenever someone says the word "like". If they happen to say it twice in a row, you proceed to assault them with your sword.

Rase
05-22-2004, 07:37 PM
35. You remember the name of the country that uses the rupee (I sure as hell don't).

It's India. :D

Rainecloud
05-22-2004, 09:49 PM
39. You spend your entire life searching for underground temples.
40. Your house consists of a tree-stump, a bed and two clay pots.
41. You try to "Z-Target" your Neighbour whilst he's painting his roof.
42. You ask your fairy helper for advice in times of adversity.

Nice thread. :)

Lindy
05-22-2004, 10:30 PM
The sad thing is, number 18 is true for me.

The Ocarina is always on Right C, and to match it, the bow/slingshot is always on Bottom C, and then the Boomerang/Bombs/Hookshot goes on Left C.
Oh god, it just makes me twitch thinking of any other setup, hurts my head.

Pssh, Termina isn't another continent, it's just an Hyrule's parallel dimension. And it's SHEIK, spell it right.

...I'm the person you wrote this topic about, right? And that makes me sad.

Vaan
05-24-2004, 08:04 AM
What's so wrong about finding the ladies attractive? Don't tell me I'm alone on this one...

You know you play too much Zelda when...

43. ...you demand a wooden sword from an old man.
44. ...you force yourself to be a lefty.
45. ...you contribute to this list.
46. ...you keep a firefly with you and expect it to give you advice.

All your base are belong to Zelda.

Behold the Void
05-27-2004, 04:32 PM
44. ...you force yourself to be a lefty.

HA! I don't have to do that!

47. You break pots and become surprised when they don't come back after you leave the room.
48. You attack octopi without mercy before they have a chance to shoot those accursed rocks at you.
49. You're looking for three pendants so you can pull that sword in the woods out of the stone.

radyk05
05-28-2004, 05:40 AM
50. you moan yer lawn with yer sword hoping to get some money

51. you own a green "link style" hat

52. you never take it off

53. you wear white tights or don't wear any underwear at all

System Id
05-28-2004, 06:10 PM
54. You attempt to stuff the following items into your pants, Guybrush Threepwood-style (without any external evidence that they are actually in there): two extra pairs of boots, an extra sword, an extra shield, 30-60 bombs, two extra tunics, a giant hammer, a bow, a quiver full of arrows, a hookshot, and an ocarina.

Rase
05-29-2004, 12:35 AM
Don't forget 4 bottles, 3 crystals, and 200/999 diamonds in a giant bag.

Vega
08-06-2004, 05:35 PM
I always ask for the blue potion, better quality! :p

Erdrick Holmes
08-06-2004, 05:43 PM
57. You run around with a mask that looks like an eyeball telling people you can read their thoughts.

58. When you're at perfect health you excpect to shoot lazers out of your sword

59. You think wearing a pair of boots makes you run faster.

60. You pay for everything in red gree and blue jewelry.

ChaosCalibur
08-06-2004, 08:41 PM
61. At night you hunt for Pohs (I think that's what they're called) :\ at the graveyard...

Erased
08-06-2004, 09:37 PM
62. You name your candles. Whenever you see an intruder, you throw the red/orange one at them(dins fire) expecting a huge dome of fire to emit from it. At work/school, you find two blue(or were they green? oh well) candles, putting one at the entrance, one near your office/last class. When work/school is over, you touch farore's wind(your trusty candle) expecting to be the first one at the entrance to leave work. You ask the guy who just so happens to look like Ganon for a fight. During the fight, you use your green(I think) candle against him - then wonder why it hurts whenever he smacks you with his weapon.

Let's just count that as one. One UNFUNNY one.

StarlightAngel
08-07-2004, 07:22 AM
63. You play music on a sweet potatoe orcarina and expect to be warped to Hyrule.

64. When you go out fishing you look for a special lure that is hidden somewhere.

square_is_the_best
08-07-2004, 05:21 PM
65. You pull up weeds and throw them at people.

Vega
08-07-2004, 05:33 PM
63. You play music on a sweet potatoe orcarina and expect to be warped to Hyrule.

64. When you go out fishing you look for a special lure that is hidden somewhere.

You can get a fishing road?!

Rase
08-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Wow, looks like you haven't played Zelda enough.

You just goto the Fising Pond at Lake Hyrule (in Ocarina of Time) and talk to the manager. If you pay him you'll get to fish. You can get some little doo-dads if you get record breaking fish.

Ryth
08-08-2004, 02:31 AM
For me 21. and 34. apply to me.

StarlightAngel
08-08-2004, 06:19 AM
65. You buy a horse and try to teach it to come from anyplace on earth when you play Epona's song.

Levian
08-08-2004, 03:13 PM
66. You refuse to eat tomato soup because you're already at full health. Instead you just pour it in a bottle.
67. You accuse old people of being elders and want them to hand over the pegasus boots.

Wilder
08-08-2004, 03:16 PM
68.- When your girlfriend is one of the 10 people named Zelda in the entire world.
69.- when you swear that the triangle shape bread that your mom cooks in the morning is part of the triforce.
70.- when you realized that time in real life is going too sloooow.
71.- when you move your bedroom to a tree
71.- when you murder people to take their pieces of heart ! :eek:

gokufusionss1
08-08-2004, 05:30 PM
72. you think green goes with anything.

Jolts
08-08-2004, 05:59 PM
73. You know enough about "The Legend Of Zelda" video games to make fun of others who know the same information.
74. You know that Link was only asleep for seven years, not ten.
75. you realize that you probably don't need to learn Japanese to send Shigeru Miyamoto a letter, as he will have translators if he doesn't already know how to read English (since it's one of the main spoken languages).

StarlightAngel
08-09-2004, 03:39 AM
76. You have your ears fixed so that they're pointed.

zacks_clone
08-09-2004, 09:27 PM
51. you own a green "link style" hat

And the rest of the costume...Aswell as a Dark Link costume...O.o...

74. You know that Link was only asleep for seven years, not ten.

:D

72. you think green goes with anything.

:: nod ::

65. You buy a horse and try to teach it to come from anyplace on earth when you play Epona's song.

guilty.

77. You spend yout time following a girl with bright red hair (who you call Din) in your class,telling her she is an Oracle, knows how to dance, and helped you back into a healthy state-now you are protecting her from a mad man who will use her powers to take over the world. Needless to say, this girl thinks you are a complete freak.

78. You go to a hospital and find a nurse-then demand her to take you to Zelda and refuse to call her anything but Impa(think that was her name-its been to long sense I played that game).

Jolts
08-10-2004, 09:59 AM
79. You buy or make a hat with bunny ears, put it on, and expect to be able to move 1.5 times faster, while everyone else moves at normal speed.
80. You get that potato Ocarina and play the Inverted Song Of Time, trying to slow everything but you down.
81. You try playing the Song Of Double Time to get school over with (don't we all wish we could, though?).
82. You catch a bee and put it in a bottle. Then, when that bully picks on you, you attempt to release the wrath of the bee onto said bully.
83. You're disappointed, when you wake up from sleeping, that you didn't get to visit Koholant Island.
84. You read all eighty-four of these, just to see if you're elligible for "playing too much Zelda" (guilty).

Ryth
12-11-2004, 02:09 AM
Also 73. 74. 75. and 84.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
12-12-2004, 09:09 AM
85. When you reach a dead end or a suspicuos looking wall/rock face and you bomb it, just in case theres a secret.

86. you try to appeal to younger people every year. (ROFL, i'm proud of this one.)

XxSephirothxX
12-14-2004, 01:33 AM
...I'm the person you wrote this topic about, right? And that makes me sad.

Don't worry. There's no such thing as too much Zelda!
:D

Jolts
12-16-2004, 09:03 AM
87. You throw a bomb at someone who looks like the bully from "The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past," and then try to hookshot your way out of jail.
88. You dig up one grave during three different days trying to find:
A ghost that will teach you the Song Of Storms.
A knight, whom you kill in order to obtain his piece of heart.
The gravekeepr looking for a treasure, you lure him around until a big ghost appears, after the gravekeeper runs away, you defeat the ghost, and then look for a treasure chest that contains a bottle.

Then you get disapointed when none of that happens...and you try to hookshot your way out of jail.
89. You start talking to owls, accusing them of guiding you through you quest.

Behold the Void
12-16-2004, 09:55 AM
90. You watch this (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/105053) and wonder what the hell just happened. Then you spy on Ganondorf more with your awesome ninja skills.

Devourment
12-16-2004, 10:23 AM
91.(by the way i don't know if this one has already been included)
You attempt to jump of a small cliff holding a large leaf over you're head believing that the wind will let you travel through the air.

Jolts
12-16-2004, 11:41 PM
92. You can play through the entire Zelda series in less than one day and never take a single hit of damage in either game.

Carnage
12-17-2004, 02:35 AM
93. Your vocabulary consists of grunts and screams.

Rase
12-17-2004, 06:18 AM
86. you try to appeal to younger people every year. (ROFL, i'm proud of this one.)

Not for long, considering the look of the new LOZ for the GCN next Fall. :D

Jolts
12-17-2004, 06:38 AM
94. You dress up a fly and throw it on your depressed grandmother.
95. You roll and ram yourself into a wall to get things to fall of their shelves.
96. You throw a boomerang and expect it to come back to your exact location, even while moving around the area.
97. You buy a giant hog, paint it blue, and try to do battle with it.
98. You wonder why you get dizzy when attempting the Whirlwind attack.
99. You have something to post as the 100th entry in this.

Ryth
12-17-2004, 11:19 PM
100. You bought the crappy CDi system just for the also crappy Wand of Gamelon.

Also I have 99. :p

Jolts
12-18-2004, 12:32 AM
101. You've made at least five posts in this thread with an entry to "You know you've played to much Zelda when:".

That makes me guilty again :lol:.

102. You look around forever for the watches with Zelda games in them, or you download the ROMs.

Guilty again :D.

103. Along with beating all the games that are readily available (which excludes the watch games and the CDi games), you've perfected Link Young Link, Zelda, and Gannondorf in Super Smash Bros. (only Link) and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

I almost have this one. I've yet to beat Oracle Of Seasons and Oracle Of Time, but I do own them :).

104. You went out of your way to get the extra GCN discs of OOT MQ and the collector's edition, to get The Legend Of Zelda unlocked in Animal Crossing, and to get the classic NES series of The Legend Of Zelda for GBA.

I've done all that execpt the classic NES part.

Ryth
12-18-2004, 12:38 AM
I have half of 103. I mastered the Links and Ganon, and half of 104. I have the NES game but not the GCN OOT and MM disc :(

Jolts
12-18-2004, 11:41 AM
105. You own an original copy of each game (non-re-release for a different system)(excluding the watches and CDi, but owning those makes it worse :p).

I own the following original copies:
The Legend Of Zelda
The Legend Of ZeldaII: Link's Adventure
The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (pre-ordered)
The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Seasons/Oracle Of Time
The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask (pre-ordered)
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (pre-ordered)
The Legend Of Zelda: The Four Swords
I do not yet own, but want:
The Legend Of Zelda: The Four Swords Adventures
The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Ryth
12-18-2004, 03:33 PM
I have;

Legend of Zelda (NES not Animal Crossing) I don't know if mine's is a special edition or not but it's gold
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords Adventure

Jolts
12-19-2004, 02:24 AM
HA! I win :p.

106. You try to "win" at this.
107. see 106
108. see 107
109. see 108
110. see 109

I have "The Legend Of Zelda" three times, so far:
The original copy.
Unlocked in Animal Crossing.
The collector's disc for GCN.
And I still want to get the classic version on GBA :D.