PDA

View Full Version : vegeatarien/vegan girls wanted

Snowman
05-22-2004, 07:59 PM
is it to much to ask, for the perfect vege girl, it's hard being a dashing hero who loves to play with fairys at the bottom of the garden and all he finds instead are lunatics. So come all fairys and pretty little witchs :love:

Casey
05-22-2004, 08:04 PM
Arnt vagans the ones that eat grass,dirt, and leaves? Cant you die from being a vagan?

crono_logical
05-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Arnt vagans the ones that eat grass,dirt, and leaves? Cant you die from being a vagan?I dunno, cows eat grass yet they don't die from it :p

Erdrick Holmes
05-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Veggies aren't food, it's what food eats.

Kirobaito
05-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Preach it, Joel.

Leeza
05-22-2004, 09:03 PM
I'm a vegetarian, but not a vegan and I'm almost perfect, except I'm married so that doesn't help you any. :)

Rainecloud
05-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Is a Vagan a cross between a Vegan and a Pagan?

Mikztsu
05-22-2004, 09:45 PM
I "just" want a PERFECT girlfriend.

And vegans = pagans. ;-) No, I like veggies, but I need meat as well.

Evelia
05-22-2004, 09:58 PM
I've considered becoming a vegetarian but unfortunately I really, really like meat. I know at least 2 vegetarians, though... my English teacher (married), and one of my friends who is single.

Peegee
05-23-2004, 04:46 AM
I love eating meat and I'll gladly eat enough meat to substitute the amount of meat eaten by vegetarians and other riff-raff.

I want a steak n' potatoes girl, thank you very much :D

Mr. Graves
05-23-2004, 04:49 AM
I love meat too much to just give it. Although, when I need become vegetarian, I had great blood back then.

Lionx
05-23-2004, 07:49 AM
Come now we all know meaty girls taste the best... :D

Calliope
05-23-2004, 09:32 AM
I expect Joe will want to have words with you :love:

Bernhard
05-23-2004, 09:52 AM
I love the taste of meat, but I'm a vegetarian. And I travel a lot so I wouldn't be able to look after you all the time. On top of that I'm a guy. Good luck though!

Snowman
05-23-2004, 05:32 PM
oh Leeza you got my hopes up there :).....how perfect

vege's dont eat animals or fish or birds...if they do then they arent vege....theres a big clue in the name vegetarian.

vegans are teh same as vege's but they dont eat dairy products for various reasons, they may have intollerances or dietary problems or they dissagree with sucking cow juice, batteryfarming chicnas whos legs are broken and thye live a horrid life etc.

no human can eat grass anymore and digest it because our apendixes dont work.

fruitariens onl;y eat fruits and some nuts grains.....this you can die from unless your very careful.....but you live a fuller and longer life being both vege and vegan, we arent all skinny sticks....im a swordfighter and illustrater, 14 stone and built. if i work hard i can drop to 13 stone but if you saw the hunk that is me....no one would say vege means weak again.

Vagans.....you guys think of bizzare things......pagans are all sorts.

im not gunna turn this into a debate on being vege...but just so you know, i dont think jokes at my expense or the expense of animals cruelly murderd for peoples own greed is funny, think how funny it would be if i beat your children over the head and ate them. it's offensive so if you canrt be polite bog off.

theres no actual need, reason to eat meat other than you want to, and if you want to then your happy to have innocent defenceless lives murderd for your own greed. in that case if i ever get a taste for humans...you have no right to object.

I became vege at five when i discoverd what hotdogs were, i made the choice on my own and ive never looked back since. i wont kill others and take lives for no reson......if i did i may as well be a nazi. i certainly dont want a girl that has to look after me, i like them free and independant with a bite but in touch with their emotions.

Doomgaze
05-23-2004, 06:55 PM
"I dunno, cows eat grass yet they don't die from it "

Cows die from ME

Logan
05-23-2004, 08:53 PM
I've considered becoming a vegetarian but unfortunately I really, really like meat.
I feel sad when I eat meat, but like you said, I realllllly like it.

Lindy
05-23-2004, 09:02 PM
I'd be a vegetarian, but if I stopped eating meat then I'd lose too much weight.

I'm slowly trying to phase it out, I gave up pork recently, I don't eat that any more.

Next I think will be beef, though it might be best to do that last since I'll need to find iron substitutes first, and there's nothing much special you get from chicken and other white meats.

I eat a lot of vegetables and vegetarian dishes though, lots of pasta, chinese stir fries and the like. I guess all I need is time, and substitutes for all the nutrients that are easily gained through meat.

EDIT : Oh, and while it can be said that because plants get all their energy from the sun, and you take that directly through eating plants and plant derivatives, it doesn't mean we can digest all of the plants and their energy stores, so the common argument that you get more energy from plants than meat isn't always true.

Yamaneko
05-23-2004, 09:20 PM
A cow is a terrible thing to waste... by letting it eat grass and get fat. You have to understand that cows like to be eaten. It's cow nature.

Rainecloud
05-23-2004, 09:30 PM
The way I see it, a small minority of people that refuse to eat meat will have absolutely no effect on the number of animals slaughtered for food each year. So, why not just join the majority and GET THAT STEAK DOWN YOUR THROAT, DAMMIT!

Mikztsu
05-23-2004, 09:32 PM
You have to understand that cows like to be eaten. It's cow nature.

Yeah, they love it. :)

I don't get those vegetarians who aren't eating red meat, but are eating birds and fish, while they say it's "wrong" to eat animals. Fishes and birds have feelings too. >:O I like to hurt them, though.

escobert
05-23-2004, 11:45 PM
I love eating meat and I'll gladly eat enough meat to substitute the amount of meat eaten by vegetarians and other riff-raff.

I want a steak n' potatoes girl, thank you very much :D
Yay me too! I wuv my PG :love:

Calliope
05-24-2004, 05:33 AM
theres no actual need, reason to eat meat other than you want to, and if you want to then your happy to have innocent defenceless lives murderd for your own greed. in that case if i ever get a taste for humans...you have no right to object.

I became vege at five when i discoverd what hotdogs were, i made the choice on my own and ive never looked back since. i wont kill others and take lives for no reson......if i did i may as well be a nazi. i certainly dont want a girl that has to look after me, i like them free and independant with a bite but in touch with their emotions.

1) There is a difference between eating animals raised for the purpose of being slaughtered, humane or not, and eating humans.
2) I am very surprised your parents let you become a vegetarian at such a young age. I'm a vegan, but I certainly would not continue to be so if I were pregnant, and although I'd go back to veganism after giving birth I would not let my child be a vegetarian/vegan until they had finished growing.
3) I wouldn't compare omnivores to nazis, either.

Snowman
05-24-2004, 01:32 PM
cows and many other farm animals are also unknowingly turned into cannibals when farmers feed them muck created from other dead cows etc....thus why britain had such an epedimic recently.

Lindz, there isnt ANYTHING you can get from fish and meat that isnt MORE abundant in other sources like cereals etc if your really interested there are many good books on nutrition, vegetarian diets etc on amazon and the like. that said ive eaten potatoes all my life, chips, roaties, mash.......baked beans and mushy peas. vegetairen sauges and sausage roles by Linda mckarny, bean burgers are lovly and while i know i dont eat enough fruit im healthy and mighty and very big (not fat...big/broad). the only Vege's i know who loose to much waight isnt because they dont eat meat...it's because their diet was wrong anyway...only eating pizza for example and they wouldnt eat chips and cereals etc.
TO EAT HEALTHY AS A VEGE just cut meat out. chips are cooked in vegetable oil and taste better, as is roastys etc. vegetable gravy is also nicer.......vege's actually eat more and have more avilable than meateaters.

Jayren, dont be an asshole. Vege's and vegans arent in a minority, weather for religous or morality we are everywhere now and growing in the thousands each day. we dont eat meat because we dont like killing for no reason....you should be glad, it means im the type of man who stops someone killing you.....

Yamaneko...your also being stupid, if you canrt act sensibly or respect others ways....sod off because it makes you pathetic.

Mikstso.....if someone eats animals or birds or fish they arent vege and thats a plain fact, being vege means you dont eat animals, birds and fish .....but on one said anything about eating a stupid ignorant man.

Call.....tell me the differance between eating humans which are animals and eating animals....there isnt, the stars and gods never set anything in stone, in fact we are all decended from cannibles concidering it was easier to club a fellow human than forrige in teh woods for animals. i choose to respect life's rights to live.
my mothers always been vege and was through my birth, it's actually healthyer but my farther was a meat eater and she had me young...she didnt feel strong enough to stop him eating meat and my farther hid it from me what meat was...when i discoverd it was my choice as a sentient life form not to hurt others. im actually stronger and heathyer and bigger than any of the meat eaters i know from school and the rest of my life. meat isnt a nessesity for growth....as i said earlier, if you eat cerals etc your getting more than you get from fish and meat and you get it in a purer form, even from teh sugar coated mush like frosties. By eating meat while pregnant you transfer to the baby many of the dangerous and deadly elements of eating meat such as mad cow desease which was recently proven by british scientists and small dormant cancers etc, not to mention allowing your children to grow ignorant. I only started becoming vegan when i read and learnt about what was happening since i never grew up around any farmers. from an early age i also learned to swordfight which helped me grow and tought me to control and be safe around daggers and danger, many people wouldnt let their children do so, but it's helped me in my life and i would teach my child the same.
Omnivores to nazis. if you just dont understand yet what it means for a life to be brutally murderd just for you to eat it...then no......but for those who do know and dont care, they are happy to watch thousands of innocent helpless pleding creatures be beaten or shot the same way the furr trade loves anal electricution and then they say "well they mean less than Us". the nazis happily rounded up whole familiys and generations, little children crying for their mothers and elderly women unable to walk and when they didnt shoot them they stripped them naked in the cold, chemically showerd them and as they huddled naked and helpless they were murderd. the nazis used their skin and bits to make books and lampshades and coats which are still in museums today.....much as leather is used....thus why omnivores or rather meateaters carry on the nazi and roman tradition for hatred and bloody murder. im trying to save lives and make them better.....they condemn them.

Snowman, discussing the merits of being vegan/vegetarian is one thing, but do not flame other members. This is a warning. If you wanted a totally serious discussion, this was not the forum to do that in. ~ Leeza

Iceglow
05-24-2004, 02:13 PM
I don't eat much at all so therefore to give up meat would make my balanced diet nonexistant (I don't eat breakfast as a rule therefore don't eat cereals to get the iron and stuff plenty of meat and veg do that for me) but then I have eating disorders where I can lose a hell of a lot of weight and be happy at around 9 stone and I could if I wanted to put the weight on again like my doctor made me to get to 11 stone or so but I'm not happy at that weight. And yes by being a guy of 6ft height I know 9 stone is unheathily light. You should see the fun my martial arts mates have with me I'm nicknamed "Ragdoll" cause I fly around the room my centre of gravity defies gravity.

Ki Ki
05-24-2004, 03:32 PM
uh...weird thread first of all.
Secondly. I'm getting hungry...
Thirdly. I'm a cow. Or i wish i was....cos then i could be vegetarian.
Then i wouldn't be responsible for the mass killings of poor innocent, pathetic animals...

eestlinc
05-24-2004, 04:29 PM
It's not that hard to find vegetarian girls. Just go to college and start shopping at the organic foods store.

frr_vegeta
05-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Preach it, Joel.
I second this!

Mikztsu
05-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Eest is right. Being vegetarian seems to be 'in', or something like that.

Doomgaze
05-24-2004, 05:46 PM
Linda mckarny

McCartney...

TO EAT HEALTHY AS A VEGE just cut meat out.

No, you need to be very careful to make sure you're getting the necessary protein, iron, amino acids, and such.

chips are cooked in vegetable oil and taste better

Fried potatoes aren't healthy - though I'll certainly agree that they taste better fried in vegetable oil.

vege's actually eat more and have more avilable than meateaters.

Um... no. Do I even have to explain that one? You're taking the sum total of all food, taking away meat, and saying what remains is more then what you originally had. I suggest you take a math(s) class... after an English one.

Yamaneko...your also being stupid, if you canrt act sensibly or respect others ways....sod off because it makes you pathetic.

Please continue to insult the moderators :)

That said, you don't seem to be very respectful of other people's ways. It's not a one-way street, you know. Most people who dislike vegetarians dislike them because of self-rightous people like you, who feel they're vastly superior for their choice, and take every opportunity to shout it from the rooftops.

but on one said anything about eating a stupid ignorant man.

The people who value animal life more than human life should have that same ethic applied to themselves :)

i choose to respect life's rights to live.

Life has no right to live. Go ask a bear. Kick it a few times too, just for good measure.

my mothers always been vege and was through my birth, it's actually healthyer but my farther was a meat eater and she had me young...she didnt feel strong enough to stop him eating meat and my farther hid it from me what meat was...

How criminally irresponsible of your mother. Childhood is NOT an appropriate time to be vegetarian.

.as i said earlier, if you eat cerals etc your getting more than you get from fish and meat and you get it in a purer form

It depends on the nutrient, I suppose. Anyway, believe it or not, we don't just eat raw red meat all the time. Sure, I've got a steak on my plate, but I also have steamed broccoli and a baked potato.

By eating meat while pregnant you transfer to the baby many of the dangerous and deadly elements of eating meat such as mad cow desease

Which is rare. You're more likely to get food poisioning from vegetables and fruit then you are likely to get mad cow disease.

they are happy to watch thousands of innocent helpless pleding creatures

Cows do not PLEAD. They moo. And then they die. Circle of life, my son!

thus why omnivores or rather meateaters carry on the nazi and roman tradition for hatred and bloody murder. im trying to save lives and make them better.....they condemn them

ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

I don't hate chickens or cows. I'm actually rather indifferent towards them. And murder would imply sentience, which I cows lack. They are BRED to be stupid. They are bred to be eaten - it is their entire purpose. You think they'd survive if we just set them all free?

Leeza
05-24-2004, 06:10 PM
my mothers always been vege and was through my birth, it's actually healthyer but my farther was a meat eater and she had me young...she didnt feel strong enough to stop him eating meat and my farther hid it from me what meat was...

How criminally irresponsible of your mother. Childhood is NOT an appropriate time to be vegetarian.
I was raised vegetarian, as was my mother and my grandmother and father and all of my other relatives and everyone else that I grew up with because it was in our religion to be pacifist and not to kill. That also meant not eating meat because it would have to be killed. You don't need meat in your diet to get all of the nutrients that you need. You just need a good balance of everything else.

Doomgaze
05-24-2004, 06:14 PM
...Yes, I'll concede that, but I personally do not get the impression his mother taught him about a proper vegetarian diet.

Snowman
05-24-2004, 07:21 PM
FALLEN. im 14 stone at the mo, ive gotta drop down to 13 and im almost 6ft. that said compared to others my height im broad, very arthurian and celtic and people think im a death metal motorbiker rocker when they see me. i dont train and i dont keep fit.....yeah i teach broawdsword on a wednight and you swet like hell but you can be an excellent swordfighter and still be podgy lol. i rarely eat breakfast.....occationally weetabix and i eat far to many chip buttys for my own good but the nutrition isnt to keep you slim or built...it's to keep you ticking and bouncing. if your getting thrown around it's because your not.....mastering they advantages of your body. we have a lad like that who teachs martial arts but he's quickly changin his outlook on himself and how he...moves.

Kiki, animals arent pathetic, they are innocent. they carnt think like us and they carnt go shopping at a supermarket like us, it's no differnt from having a relative, son or daoughter with mentle disorders, they need help from time to time.

T BREN, i know what you mean, i went to art colledge and did my degree there after, it's mostly a fad with those girls lol.

Doom, unless for some reason you avoid everyday foods that dont consist of meat it's easy to get all teh ingrideants in your body that you need, im 22 and have been a vege for enough years with my parents also vege. it isnt hard at all.....it's EASY. If you cut the meat and fish out, everything else is still there, meat and fish make up a small amount. i wish you could see me to see my point.....maybe a photo
If your cooking your chips by cutting a potatoe (not in bags form the supermarket) and even more so if you leave the skins on they are healthyer.
We have more options because the majority of meat eaters actually exlude alot of things from what they eat i favour of fatty meats. meat eaters eat less things than veges...thus the maths works.
Im not better or supirior...i never said i was. but i wouldnt go and insult or make jokes at someones religion or something they felt strongly about.....yet plenty of others already have hence what i said to Yamaneko
. i was wrong to swear....he was wrong to make light of something serious.
I do hold animals in more importance than myself, they have far less choice or abilitys than i or we do.
Of course we have to respect lifes right to live..or are you happy to by killed by some loon?
so my mothers mad....but it's good to feed children things which will affect their health and life in the future....thats madness. i have no allergies, dependances, addictions or illness, so she did her job right.
Mad Cow - Actually everybody from the last decade has it to teh point where most people are now banned form donating blood. thankfully it is at the moment inactive, but we still have it and we dont knwo what triggers it yet

WOW LEEZA, i wish i had started vege, my farther irresponsibally hid facts from me untill i was self aware enough to put two and two togeather, what religion was that?

DOOM, you dont know me or my mother....it does hurt me that you would damn her like that, shes one of the strongest people i know, shes a brillient artist and runs five adult education fine metals jewellery courses as well as the broadsword course i teach in, all of which are the most successful courses they have. if she hadnt done a good job of raising me to think for myself and question the world we live in i wouldnt be hear now debating this very fact, nor would i have stayed vege through school where such things meant people beat teh living day lights out fo you. i grew up poor, so for me my diet was little more than baked potatoes anyway, she begged on the streets to buy those potatoes to keep us going and you sit there from who knows where and say she didnt know what she was doing...she was a 16 year old mother and the most chivalrous and dedicated soul i know.
you dont need a balanced vege diet to grow up vege and strong.....im living proof, my medicle records are living proof as is my past.....but it is very easy to get a balanced diet

I APOLOGISE to all those i have sworn at, it was low and unworthy of my life. BUT if people carry on taking the mick of something i belive in.....it's no differnt to you being racist or sexist. so act your age and i will to. we dont have to keep this serious....but we shouldnt be nasty to each other either

Leeza
05-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Thank you, Snowman and I agree with you that a lot of people who eat meat do exclude other foods from their diets...such as fruits. Not everyone, mind you, because the majority of people know the benefits of a balanced diet, but some just like the taste of meat more than other foods so that is their main source for nutrients. That goes for almost everyone though. If there's something that you like the taste of, be it a meat, fruit, vegetable or whatever, you tend to eat more of that than other foods and don't go for more variety.

Snowman
05-24-2004, 07:57 PM
of course your right....but i would actually say it's most poeple, otherwise there wouldnt be an epedemic here in the UK and confirmed in the USA of Obesity. My farther who's 49 is massive, he's vege, but truly he is a very large fat person and has had to go onto medication for heart trouble. it's not meat and it's not malnutrition...it's simply the size of his protions....his sunday dinner, entirely vege - veg, roatys, yorkshire pudding, gravy, mint saouce is piled high on the plate. when people say they may loose waight becoming vege it really makes me laugh because my farther IS so big. that said....if you eat meat you can get to that size alot easier and you look alot worse. i have a few pals i knew in their teens and longer, passed through colledge togeather and meet up later in life and they are as big as my farther but their faces puff out and their arms sag massively over their joints from sheer fat in the skin....but my farther, just as large, his skin is still tight...he still looks normal, he's simply LARGER.

fire_of_avalon
05-24-2004, 09:40 PM
I'm an omnivore. I believe in balance. I have a vegetarian friend who's one weakness is bacon. This makes us laugh, but we don't know why. I have respect for people who can cut stuff out of their lives. I tried it once but couldn't. I like meat and meat based things. I could give you my friends number, but she's stateside.

SomethingBig
05-24-2004, 10:33 PM
"I dunno, cows eat grass yet they don't die from it "

Cows die from ME

You are seriously mistaken. I am the one that bring cows to their deaths.

<serious>
Eating meat isn't actually murdering the animal. God, I hate when people say that. Since when was eating an already dead animal murder? Last time I checked, murder was the act of taking another's life away. I respect vegans. I really do. My ex was a strong vegan. I just can't stand groups like PETA. They have no right comparing the Holocaust to something as ridiculous as eating meat. Oh, wait, I'm sorry. I'm wrong. Eating meat is exactly like killing millions of Jews, Gypsies, Jehovah's Witnesses, Homosexuals, handicapped, and heroic people who tried to help other victims. Eating meat is nothing but performing inhuman experiments on human beings. Eating meat will never be anything more than the gassing and burning of humans. The following are quotes from PETA members and other such organizations:

The smallest form of life, even an ant or a clam, is equal to a human
being.
-Ingrid Newkirk, PETA
Please tell me that you don't adhere to this mentality. If you do, then you don't deserve to have children.

Never buy wool again. Choose only cotton, synthetics and other non-animal
fibers. The sheep are embarrassed when they are shorn, sometimes they are
nicked during the process, and they get cold afterward.
(_PETA_News_, August 13, 1989)

Humanity is the cancer of nature.
-Dave Foreman, Earth First!

Man is always and everywhere a blight on the landscape.
-John Muir, Founder of the Sierra Club
Having the last two quotes in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if the next Hitler was a PETA member.

I remember also reading a quote about how if it meant the death of a single animal to cure AIDS, he would not support it. Snow and Leeza, I respect you both. This wasn't meant to be a post flaming veganism, but rather radical groups like PETA.

PS - Vegans are among the minority. Yeah, they are growing, but the majority of the human population is omnivorous.

Big D
05-25-2004, 01:38 AM
here isnt ANYTHING you can get from fish and meat that isnt MORE abundant in other sources like cereals etc Iron? Animal proteins? You have to eat a heck of a lot of plants, or supplements, to get the same balanced diet that you do from eating meat - IF that's the kind of ancestry you have.

How come animal lives are worth so much more than plants, anyway? Plants suffer, they react to harm and injury. When you eat a bowl of cereal, you are benefitting from the death of an innocent plant... and the bacteria that lived in its roots. And the insects that pollenated it, fed on its sap, and otherwise gained life from it.

All consumption requires death, be it plant or animal.
Just because plants don't have faces or voices doesn't make them less alive than animals.

MecaKane
05-25-2004, 02:00 AM
Every vegitable on your plate is a vegitable out of the mouths of those poor, poor animals. :(

escobert
05-25-2004, 02:41 AM
here isnt ANYTHING you can get from fish and meat that isnt MORE abundant in other sources like cereals etc Iron? Animal proteins? You have to eat a heck of a lot of plants, or supplements, to get the same balanced diet that you do from eating meat - IF that's the kind of ancestry you have.

How come animal lives are worth so much more than plants, anyway? Plants suffer, they react to harm and injury. When you eat a bowl of cereal, you are benefitting from the death of an innocent plant... and the bacteria that lived in its roots. And the insects that pollenated it, fed on its sap, and otherwise gained life from it.

All consumption requires death, be it plant or animal.
Just because plants don't have faces or voices doesn't make them less alive than animals.
I agree. People talk about how they don't wanna kill stuff so they don;t eat meat but, Plants and animals are alive. So are trees so are you going to stop using paper?

Calliope
05-25-2004, 03:28 AM
Haha, ask Towns how I tried to stop using refill in sixth form xD.

Animals are cuter than trees so we feel sorrier for cows than carrots.

Snowman
05-25-2004, 04:47 PM
nice of you to consider me Avalon :)

Somthing.....you might want to read the post i was warned for.....at teh end, the final paragrah i make my point about meateaters and nazis.

actually Big D thats not true.......but bair in mind by being vege of course you eat alot more vegetables etc lol. you also get alot of negative things in your body like heavy amounts of fat etc from eating meat theat being vege you dont.
i never said eating your way through bushes was cool. the point of vegetariansm is to limit the amount of pain and death you cause the same way we have the law. in that case a chican is no differnt than an elderly woman...on the old woman has a stick to hit you with. if people are allowed to kill chicans then others can kill old women and gobble them up, humans have alot more meat on them. id rather not kill chicans or old women.
Alot of nutcases when they wish to learn to sword fight think it's all about hurting others and stabbing in the back......you have to teach them that if they do that no one will want to play with them and they are actually being crapper than those with the skill to be in control of their weapon. we want to say we arent primitive, that we deserve more, that we are morally right invading iraque and stopping torture and murder...then we kill animals, we hunt them.....then we torture prisoners in a prison by piling their naked bodies up on top of each other. we carnt give into our primitive sides and still call ourselves evolved and important, it carnt be both ways

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-25-2004, 06:23 PM
This thread is rediculous. That's all.

Dragonflame
05-25-2004, 07:53 PM

Preach it, Joel.
I second this!
I third it!

You have to understand that cows like to be eaten. It's cow nature.

See, animals are destined to be eaten. It's their purpose. They have to like it. By being eaten they are fulfilling a greater purpose.

Seriously, as living creatures ourselves, we have just as much right to eat other creatures as wolves, or tigers, or any other predator does. Or are you saying lions are evil for eating antelope?

Leeza
05-25-2004, 08:01 PM
<i>Seriously, as living creatures ourselves, we have just as much right to eat other creatures as wolves, or tigers, or any other predator does. Or are you saying lions are evil for eating antelope?</i> - Dragonflame

What's evil and not right is the method by which the animals are butchered in order for you to eat them. I don't have anything against anyone eating meat or think that they're evil for doing so, but there should be some compassion for other living creatures and if they have to be killed in order to be eaten, it should be done as humanely as possible. We are the superior species so we should be above causing senseless pain to anything in order to save dollar. A lion doesn't have that luxury.

War Angel
05-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Or are you saying lions are evil for eating antelope?
Maybe they are. Maybe not. Either way, they haven't got a clue, and their ideas on anything involving the supposed morality of their vegetrianism are warped.

SomethingBig
05-25-2004, 09:59 PM
if i did i may as well be a nazi.

Omnivores to nazis. if you just dont understand yet what it means for a life to be brutally murderd just for you to eat it...then no......but for those who do know and dont care, they are happy to watch thousands of innocent helpless pleding creatures be beaten or shot the same way the furr trade loves anal electricution and then they say "well they mean less than Us". the nazis happily rounded up whole familiys and generations, little children crying for their mothers and elderly women unable to walk and when they didnt shoot them they stripped them naked in the cold, chemically showerd them and as they huddled naked and helpless they were murderd. the nazis used their skin and bits to make books and lampshades and coats which are still in museums today.....much as leather is used....thus why omnivores or rather meateaters carry on the nazi and roman tradition for hatred and bloody murder. im trying to save lives and make them better.....they condemn them.

Last time I say this: Eating meat is not murder. You're consuming something that's already dead. Eating meat is not a thing like the Holocaust. We don't strip cows of their "dignity" by raping them or forcing them to dig useless ditches in the ground. The Nazis killed purely because they hated their victims. Animals are killed for food. You're saying it's unethical to kill animals would be just like us saying it's totally unethical to kill plants. Read Big D's post again, since I don't feel like repeating the things he said.

Comparing a chicken to a human being? If you were forced to make a choice to kill 5,000 chickens or 5,000 human babies, which would you choose? Would you have a hard time deciding? What if your own child was among the 5,000 babies?

You also talked about evolution. Well, plants, as well, are evolving. Say within... Oh 100 years, plants started making sounds of their own and could even wail in pain, what would you, or your children, eat then?

Rusty
05-26-2004, 10:56 AM
I'll become a vegetarian when they class steak as the new vegetable :)

Peegee
05-26-2004, 11:18 AM
There exists very little rationalisation not to eat animals. The only ones I know of is that animals are sentient, so hurting them is bad. Also since they are alive, killing them is bad.

So by the same token, we shouldn't eat vegetables because odds are we harvest them while they are alive. So by eating anything, we have to justify killing. Knowing this, I just completely ignored the argument that eating animals is murder -- we murder things ALL THE TIME. I'm not arguing some sort of appeal to common practice, but that killing things is not innately terrible/monsterous.

However senselessly causing misery and suffering is bad. Though I don't actively attempt to prevent this, nor do I really care, I acknowledge that it is wrong. If eating battery eggs or beef makes me a party to this immoral practice, then I'm immoral. It's still not going to stop me from doing it though.

Because we have to eat, it follows that we must abide by the belief that "not all life is equal". Unless you're hypervegan that is...*shrug*

Iceglow
05-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Or are you saying lions are evil for eating antelope?

Really aren't good or bad, right or wrong, righteous or evil all just opinions? For example some people say that rabbits are evil and others say they're cute. It's all a matter of someones humble (or not so humble) opinion at the end of the day. Does anyone ever think of the thoughts of the losers of a war in the aftermath? no it's all about the glorious victory by the winners.
If we make a choice and can stand by that choice then there is not a problem with that it's really only if you cant stand by your choices in life you have a problem. Who cares what other people think or say about something if you are happy and can live with it?

Oh and Snowman...

I know I can achieve slightly more in a sparring match or a fight than what I currently achieve and as far as I can tell I'm making as much of my advantages as possible I incorporate movement learnt in the 10 years or more of ice skating I did to enhance my evasiveness (essentially following the old idea that combat of any sort is a "dance of death" and taking it literally) I also tend to fight in a defensive stance and crouch slightly to bring my point of gravity to a lower area making it harder to throw me but being 9st with "stringy" muscles of a dancer or runner I just lack in the physical strength department to resist for long but I'm faster than all of them I only have to worry if they can catch me first :) (easier said than done)

Dragonflame
05-26-2004, 09:26 PM
I will agree that causing animals to suffer is bad, but we have a whole bunch of organizations working to prevent that. And once an animal's dead, there's nothing at all wrong with eating it. I have as much right to live as any other animal. Me and KB and another friend just ate 3 pounds of cow for lunch today, and I don't have any qualms about that. If all animals were allowed to grow to a ripe old age, and have lots of offspring, etc. etc., the world would be overrun by them and they would end up starving to death from food shortage anyway. Is that any more humane than being killed in a slaughterhouse? When people try to be morally superior by doing things like refusing to eat meat, they are upsetting the natural balance of the world.

SomethingBig
05-26-2004, 11:15 PM
I don't really see how becoming vegan helps your cause. For every vegan that is born, 10 omnivores are born at the same time.

DocFrance
05-26-2004, 11:41 PM
we want to say we arent primitive, that we deserve more, that we are morally right invading iraque and stopping torture and murder...then we kill animals, we hunt them.....then we torture prisoners in a prison by piling their naked bodies up on top of each other. we carnt give into our primitive sides and still call ourselves evolved and important, it carnt be both ways
Why do you have to bring this up in almost everything you say? You act like you have a personal grudge against the US.

For the love of God, get off of your high-horse.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-26-2004, 11:50 PM
For every vegan and vegetarian blighting our landscape, there is always a brilliant mind (http://maddox.xmission.com/grill.html) to combat them.

I am sick and tired of being called "evil" because I choose to recognize the fact that I am a human, and therefore omnivorous.

I could go over the facts in the link I presented, but I'll let you read it for yourself, without wasting my time paraphrasing it. Vegetarians and Vegans who have the audacity to claim moral superiority over me because they won't eat meat make me sick.

SomethingBig
05-27-2004, 12:26 AM
I agree with Void to some extent. I am very tired of being called some sort of barbarian for living the way I do. I say vegans are the murderers here. They just won't leave those poor and literally defenseless plants alone. Shame on you! They can't even move!

DocFrance
05-27-2004, 01:07 AM
Tofu has feelings too!

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-27-2004, 02:29 AM
As do all the poor, defenseless bugs that are murdered every year to grow your crops, and the poor, defenseless wild animals that are sucked into the blades of the wheat threshers and slashed into small bits of flesh and crushed bone to make your bread.

SomethingBig
05-27-2004, 02:44 AM
Think of all the animals that could be eating the vegetables that you so enjoy stuffing your face with!

DocFrance
05-27-2004, 03:30 AM
You know you live a privileged (read: decadent) life when you can actually choose what to eat and what not to eat. I doubt there are many vegetarians in Somalia...

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-27-2004, 03:53 AM
I'm also fairly sure that there are PETA people down there condemning them for their evil ways of surviving.

War Angel
05-27-2004, 05:47 AM
You act like you have a personal grudge against the US.

Grude the USA? Nooooooo... now, who would that THAT?!

For the love of God, get off of your high-horse.
Yeah, and then eat it. :D

I doubt there are many vegetarians in Somalia...
Exactly. It's as I said, in some other thread discussing this topic. Only rich westerners can have the privilege of becoming vegeterians. Let's how well they do, without their tofu-crap, in a place where food is scarce, and you can't get your proteins, iron and minerals from classy, expensive synthetic foods.

Again - it's not natural. Simple as that. It defies the basic rules of nature, and the way the entire eco-system works.

Leeza
05-27-2004, 05:48 AM
I think that I'm going to close this thread now even if it is General Chat because it's resorting to nothing but name calling and jokes and people getting very defensive.