PDA

View Full Version : You'd think Tesco's would put wording on their instructions...

Baloki
05-22-2004, 09:36 PM
And now for the inevitable flat pack thread. To build this thread you will need:

Bloody Good Eyesight
Mind Reading Abilites
To understand that everything you read is only a 5th of what you need to do
Brilliant Spacial awareness
A degree in rocket science.

As you can tell I built a flat pack outside seat rocking thing with my mum today. And not only was there not a single word on the whole instructions and it only consisted of one page but the pictures looked like they were drawn by 5 year olds with a chipped ruler....

Have you had this experiance (My flat pack desk was a pleasure to build so I know not all flat packs are evil) before, and do Ikea make better flat packs as I've never had one from there before?

Kirobaito
05-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Yes and Yes.

EDIT: What's a flat pack?

Rainecloud
05-22-2004, 09:43 PM
The majority of desks and shelving units that I've purchased have contained terribly written instruction manuals that hardly make any sense. I usually get my Dad to help me when it comes to assembling things like this. With him around, I don't even need instructions.

I agree, though. Badly drawn diagrams and stupid instruction manuals are really annoying.

Baloki
05-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Yes and Yes.

EDIT: What's a flat pack?

Its when everything comes unassembled and you have to build it yourself following some instructions, a hammer, a screwdriver and glue :D

Leeza
05-22-2004, 10:06 PM
I've constructed two armoires that hold my TV's from flat packs, all by myself, as well as a few other pieces. I had no problems. I guess Canadian flat packs come with better instructions. :)

Iceglow
05-24-2004, 01:30 PM
or it could be leeza (shock horror) that you like I have a natural aptitude for this kind of stuff I actually made the bed in my room and the units out of pieces of wood without any help I designed, marked and cut the wood before fitting it together and theyre more stable than any flat pack I ever built for my mom or even my older brother (he hates them they bring on his migraines more than his kids do so he pays me to build them.)

Squires
05-24-2004, 04:16 PM
I read the thread title as "You'd think Taco's would put wording on their instructions..." and was disappointed to find no mention of tacos in the thread.

Del Murder
05-25-2004, 06:38 AM
Me too! You should make one Squires. Though it is easy to eat a taco, sometimes the stuff falls out.

Yamaneko
05-25-2004, 06:40 AM
They have some awesome cinnamon rolls at Ikea.

crono_logical
05-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Pssh, it's all the more fun without instructions as you have to work it out yourself :p

Chaos
05-26-2004, 12:01 AM
The only flatpack thing I put up was a CD holder, that was easy enough.

Instructions are bad anyway. I want someone to do it for me.
Or better still, just do it all myself. And have it work.

Chaos