PDA

View Full Version : Syphon Filter: Omega Strain

Vermachtnis
05-23-2004, 02:12 PM
This game is probably the best in the series and I'm a huge fan of the PSX trilogy. You get to customize your character to how you want. The story takes place a little after the third. The re-playability is high, espically if you want to get everything and there's alot. You get a lot of guns and stuff to unlock. Plus, all these upgrades like Head-shot lock, +Health, ect. This is probably the best reason to get the internet for the PS2, which I don't. But still this is a pretty great game and it's hard too.
What do y'all think about it, those who have played it?

Cz
05-23-2004, 06:32 PM
I didn't think that Omega Strain was out yet. But it does look pretty good, especially if the online options are up to scratch.

Casey
05-23-2004, 07:10 PM
The only downslide to it is you cant make maps for the game, but play the same retailed maps that came with it, or updates the game developers put out for download to the harddrive. Bleh, I dunno. I dont even got a ps2 adapter yet...

Dj Flow
05-23-2004, 10:06 PM
its going to be a kick ass game..................

Vermachtnis
05-23-2004, 10:10 PM
It's going to be a kick ass game

Going to, isn't it out where your from? That must suck, cause it is a kick ass game.

Big D
05-24-2004, 02:56 AM
Not coming out here until July... but I'm looking forward to it. Syphon Filter 3 was a little shaky; the original is still the best in my opinion, but 4's shaping up quite nicely.

With the network play feature... do you need to sign up with an ISP and pay a monthly connection fee, or do you just buy the network adaptor and plug into any available phone connection? It's astoundingly unlikely I'll ever go in for online gaming if there are continuous costs.

Casey
05-24-2004, 03:46 AM
With the network play feature... do you need to sign up with an ISP and pay a monthly connection fee, or do you just buy the network adaptor and plug into any available phone connection? It's astoundingly unlikely I'll ever go in for online gaming if there are continuous costs.

Likely there wont be a fee, since the internet connection, or ISP you use comes from your modem, and you just hook up your cable/modem to the network adapter ps2. Or so what I heard.

Big D
05-24-2004, 04:37 AM
I my case, I have no computer, no modem, no internet connection at all in my room... so if I started using a PS2 network connection, would that cost extra? That's what I'm unsure about.