PDA

View Full Version : Makin Money

TheDarkKnight
05-23-2004, 10:56 PM
*sigh*o god why is it that making gil is so hard :mad: i want to buy a linkshell but dam therr so much money(to me) if u have any good ways of getting good gil post it here :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rostum
05-23-2004, 11:36 PM
Farm, crafting, hunting NM's for rare drops... you'll have to work hard like everyone else here.

Garland
05-24-2004, 04:57 AM
Silk threads. There's a good reason why every crawler-type monster you see is either claimed, or in the process of being claimed. Stacks of 12 silk threads sell for 10,000 gil or more. If you want money, spend a day killing every catterpillar you see.

Lionx
05-24-2004, 07:49 AM
Silk drops at a incredibly low rate sometimes, i would say kill everything that drops wind or fire cyrstals and sell them in stacks in AH. That would easily get you your LS.

Jalbrean
05-24-2004, 01:15 PM
Yeah collecting crystals will get your enough to get your LS, but crystals don't last long being able to fund armor and such.

I'm having a pain of a time getting money. I've tried NM's with only slightly moderate success, and crafting is kinda working. It costs money to level it up, all the while you're doing it to make money. =\

Good luck to you.

Lord Chainsaw
05-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Do what I do: Scam the auction house.

You can usually put stuff up there that you can just buy at the store. People are too lazy to walk the extra few steps to go to the store, or they don't realize whatever they want can be bought for a much lower price at the store.

Sometimes people put their stuff up at insanely low prices because they want to sell whatever it is they have, and they just assume someone is going to start off with a 500 gil bid because price history said everything went for 500-600.

My personal favorite thing to do is buy land crab meat on auction for 200 gil and sell it to a merchant for 280. This ONLY works for single packs of land crab meat. I tried it with a 12 pack but I ended up losing money. Bad addition skills you see for some reason I thought 3600 gil was less than 280 x 12. WTF was I thinking?

Garland
05-25-2004, 02:57 AM
If you try hard enough, going further with the above post, you can often buy items in the AH for only a single gil. Selling these items at the going rate is good profit. It takes time, but I can almost always find a handful of horribly underpriced items.

ZeZipster
05-26-2004, 05:29 PM
There should be a guide on abusing the AH, I was really expecting to be able to find one at Gamefaqs...
:cry:

Garland
05-27-2004, 01:13 AM
I'm actually hoping AH abuses are kept secret. I'm a fan of the mule-in-each-starter-town trick of buying low, trading amongst my chrs, and selling high.