PDA

View Full Version : Scary Skerry badbad places

Psychotic
05-24-2004, 03:03 AM
OK, I was having this conversation with Levian about craziness, and then he happened to mention that there was an abandoned lunatic asylum not too far away from where he lives, which still has chains and devices on the walls and the like, and is in the middle of a forest. Apparently going there is forbidden, and it is several stories high.

Then I remembered hearing from a friend (and I'm SURE I read it somewhere) about this abandoned monastery/church thing (also in the woods...) that's roughly near me, where apparently either the monks went mad and killed all the villagers, or the other way round, many hundreds of years ago.

Anyway, the point is: Are there any scary places like this near you where you wouldn't dare set foot in alone at night? Abandoned hospital? Haunted mansion? Murderer's house? Do share.

Erdrick Holmes
05-24-2004, 03:14 AM
My own house!

Casey
05-24-2004, 03:49 AM
Being in the middle of no where, in the night, everything pitch black, especially in the forest. Its not all that scary, but the feeling of the unknown.

fire_of_avalon
05-24-2004, 04:14 AM
The old VA hospital in eastern Asheville (the only real city near me) is VERY scary. I've never been inside, but I've been on the grounds before. I don'tlike it.

Shlup
05-24-2004, 04:37 AM
"Hell's Gates" is pretty boring, for the most part. If you go straight there used to be an old house, but now its just a pile of rubble. The road to the right supposedly leads to an abandoned midget colony but I haven't been that way.

There are also supposedly government buildings and a missle silo hidden in the hills, but I dunno about that.

Rainecloud
05-24-2004, 07:31 AM
There used to be an old, abandoned store near me that had tramps living in it. It got set on fire numerous times by idiots, so we usually tried to stay away from the area. A few years ago, the land was bought by Sainsburys, and now we have an amazing superstore there.

Aside from that, there's a lot of old air raid shelters underground. Nothing special.

Peegee
05-24-2004, 08:03 AM
I'm scared to go into the strip club near my house.

TheAbominatrix
05-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Mandee - The abaonded midget colony is 'Small Town USA', some weird deal the junky guy built there. And the missle silo is there, I dunno if it's been dismantled though.

There's this place in Riverside I went to with some friends. It's an abandoned house... I think they were low-cost summer homes at one point. There's this small crucifix with leather straps set on a small hill nearby (saw it myself) and a lot of graffiti and weird stuff inside (according to my friends). The place gave me a nasty feeling inside so I didnt go in, I went back to the care with with of my buddies. Just thinking about it makes me nervous.

Shlup
05-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Oh yeah, and the sewage plant or whatever it is was kinda creepy. Mostly because its the place you're most likely to get in trouble for trespassing on out of all the places we've trespassed on.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-24-2004, 09:19 AM
not too far from my house there is an old abandoned victorian house, it's in a pretty bad state, apparently the guy that lived there just disappeared, it's back up for sale now, smashed windows and all :choc:

Misfit
05-24-2004, 11:10 AM
There was a few ... old, weird, buildings near my friends house. I don't know what it was, but their were old and abandoned and the doors were unlocked so we went in and helped ourselves to some signs that we ended up sticking on her bedroom door. ^_^

Strider
05-24-2004, 12:02 PM
The fault that caused the 1989 Loma Prieta quake here in the Bay Area is about a quarter-mile from where I live here. Call it weird if you want, but I wouldn't want to be any closer.

Beyond that, there's the Winchester House in San Jose. And going out into the farmland at night, ugh. *shudder* No light whatsoever, except for whatever might be above you. That's really unsettling, too.

Silmaril
05-24-2004, 02:09 PM
i never knew places like this existed.

Ki Ki
05-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Actually. It's this huge field. Deserted. Quite near my place.
It reminds me of a cornfield...
@_@ freaky

TasteyPies
05-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Nope, then again nothing scares me...shocks me maybe but not scares me.

TheAbominatrix
05-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Oh yeah, and the sewage plant or whatever it is was kinda creepy. Mostly because its the place you're most likely to get in trouble for trespassing on out of all the places we've trespassed on.

Yeah, most especially cause the government owns it. I didnt get too creeped out, then again I went with like 10 people.

Levian
05-24-2004, 07:29 PM
Yeah there's an abandoned lunatic asylum not too far away from where he lives, which still has chains and devices on the walls and the like, and is in the middle of a forest. Apparently going there is forbidden, and it is several stories high.

.. :)

Lord Xehanort
05-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Hurley Hospital's 9th Floor, West Wing.

The Mentally Disturbed Adolescents Ward

Rye
05-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Hmmm... there's this forest kinda here that I've been in with other people, but I'd never go in it by myself and especially at night. And it in it this tunnel that goes under a road, which you could not get me to go in for even a 100 buck.

GrimmReaper
05-24-2004, 10:10 PM
My closet.

skarey things in there.

escobert
05-25-2004, 12:13 AM
State prisons just a mile or two out of town. Or jarvis street where all the crackhead crazy people who have no teeth and no jobs live.

SomethingBig
05-25-2004, 12:22 AM
In the town adjacent to mine, there's an abandoned mental institute. My friends and I plan on traversing through the building. Ohhh, what fun!