PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the music is changing?

wilrod89
05-25-2004, 12:45 AM
i love all the songs that square has put together but i think the songs are starting to change a little too much.....like the music in 7-10 we're great but then in X-2 the music sucked (execpt the intro music) i just hope for final fantasy XII the music will go back to the type of style that was used in 7 or 8 or even 9..........i mean dont get me wrong i like that rock style that they've been useing but i would rather it go back the way it was..................please tell me your opinions....

Felldoh
05-25-2004, 01:23 AM
Personally, I'd like it better if it was more in the style of FFVI. I don't mind the change in the music, I quite like it infact, but I still like the older styles better.

NM
05-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Nobuo Uematsu has done the sound tracks for all the FF games from 1 - 11.

Final Fantasy X-2's music was done by someone else. Thats why it's so different.

crono_logical
05-25-2004, 06:22 PM
I despise the style they used in FFX-2 :D

Lord Chainsaw
05-25-2004, 07:45 PM
I think the music in Final Fantasy XI is pretty good. Selbina and that place outside Sandoria.

I think you're right about FFX-2 though. I didn't care for any music in that game. X didn't have very much I liked either, except for the Seymour Battle.

I wish they could do FF6 and FF7 style quality music again. Birth of a God, Dancing Mad, Aeris' Theme...those were all great.

Cz
05-26-2004, 06:21 PM
X-2 was a very different game. It was meant to be quirky and different, and the music followed this. I'm sure that the old musical style will return for FFXII, which is likely to be a more traditional Final Fantasy game.

Silent Warrior
05-27-2004, 08:30 AM
I'd say they should go Xenosaga 1-style - hardly any BGM, some epic-sounding thingies for Those Situations, a battle-theme, a different boss-theme, some more... proper music for other situations/character-studies.
Or maybe just something a tad more subtle, like PS Torment.
FFX is a step in the right direction.

Xander
05-28-2004, 01:36 PM
I like some of FFX-2's music, Luca for example, but in general I was disappointed with the changes, especially to the battle music. I think FFVIII's soundtrack has more outstanding/memorable songs than FFVII's, but FFIX is my favourite by far. Maybe it's just the whole style of it that I like, things like "Sleepless City Treno" and "Protecting my Devotion". I want another FF game with music like that.

And I'm one of the probable few that would like to see more "Otherworld" type tracks in the games, especially for boss battles :D