PDA

View Full Version : Could Jeuno be any more impressive?

Garland
05-25-2004, 03:07 AM
I finished filling out my level 20 equipment and spells yesterday, and today I took the long adventure with my level 25 friend to Jeuno. A whm/blm and war/monk respectively, it was a trip frought with danger (we got aggroed by several unpleasantly difficult tiger-monsters in Battalia Downs). I can't believe how worth it, the trip was, upon crossing the gates. Windurst is a great city, as are the other two starter towns, and while the two port cities Mhuara and Selbina are dumps, Jeuno is amazing. RuLude Gardens - wow. Anyhow, not too much point except to express my amazement at the home of the next 55+ levels of my character's career. And now, it's time to get a chocobo license.

Rostum
05-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Well done! Jueno is impressive, considering it's a huge city with alot of high leveled characters. It reminds me of Treno in FFIX, as does the music to it. ^^

Bahamut2000X
05-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Well after Jueno for a bit (and about level 25) you should try heading to Khazam, the scenary there is pretty amazing too. It's not really a big town like Jueno, but tropical port cities are always nice to be in.

Citizen Bleys
05-25-2004, 12:38 PM
I can't wait to get there, but I'm only lv 18

Jalbrean
05-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Kazham loses it's luster after you've been through it's jungles a few times. After awhile you just want to level enough where you can get the hell outta there and never see it again, or until you decide to level another job. ;p

Lionx
05-25-2004, 10:41 PM
I think kazham loses it when its hard to go to lvling areas and alot of dumb ppl keep training there..-.-

Jalbrean
05-26-2004, 09:18 AM
I didn't really want to mention that. There's no point in scaring 'em. They'll find out soon enough. ;>

Garland
05-27-2004, 12:40 AM
So the horrors of Valkurm and Buburimu don't end there? I thought once I left for Qufim and beyond, I was leaving inexperience behind. Is there not one area where no one trains a fleet of gobs to the entrance, or sets loose a ghoul of some sort that annhilates the zone?

EDIT: At level 25, I won't be spending as much time in Kazham as I will be in newb-difficult areas such as Shakrami and Valkurm. I'll have gotten Raise at that point, and I have a lot of favors to return vicariously, by raising newbies in need. There's always a need for a nonpartying Whm with a fast raise, and a will to use it.

Lionx
05-27-2004, 01:16 AM
Bubu is actually great, people that party there are usually higher lvled people lvling another job/sub, because its always valkurm for skull else its bubu.

Inexperience stops at lvl 30ish, when combinations matter alot and the power of subjobs are showing, and also everything that is said about tough mobs, they are tough. Even things that dont seem to be tough are tougher now.