PDA

View Full Version : Any Tifa haters out there?

FFFFsephychibi
05-25-2004, 10:58 PM
Well for one thing.... Tifa is very annoying in my opinion.... I HATE HER WITH A PASSION. GRRRR.... She's just to much, she needs to let her past go.

"oh Cloud dont u remember the promise we made, BACK THEN??"

"no! i cant even remember the last time i used you." (dont be offened by that folks) :tongue:

ANYWAYZ......yeah..... Cloud and her don't really look good together. CLERIS 4-EVA!!! my rant is over.

but i think Tifa and Vincent would make a cute couple!

but i will say one good thing about her. she was a good fighter for half the game, till i just stopped training her...

anyone else??

Jolts
05-25-2004, 11:16 PM
The only problem I have with Tifa is her "Lara Croft" boobs. They bounce too much when they shouldn't, and not at all when they should. I guess that's more of a problem with the creators, but still...

Well, I don't like how she used the 'guilt trip' on Cloud to get him to join AVALANCHE with it's second mission.

JseanjohnC
05-26-2004, 02:08 AM
TIFA IS HOTT I LUV HER!!! SHE IS HOTTER THAN LARA CROFT...even tho her and yuna seem to be copies

Lord Chainsaw
05-26-2004, 03:00 AM
I don't hate Tifa. But she is my least favorite Final Fantasy character of all time. I dislike her a lot. I never use her.

What I DO hate however, is the way that every single FF female from 7 on has used her exact same look. Can Square get original here?

CloudDragon
05-26-2004, 06:08 AM
I'll admit I didn't like Tifa much, yeah.

Rainecloud
05-26-2004, 07:37 AM
I didn't like her. Unfortunately, that miniskirt made her look like a prostitute.

:D

darkchrono
05-26-2004, 07:40 AM
Tifa and Yuna look somewhat alike that's true. But all the leading female characters in games 7-10 look similar to eachother.

Tifa, Rinoa, Dagger, and Yuna all look like they could be sisters.

Hmm, I wonder if the game is made in Japan or not, lol.

Rainecloud
05-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Tifa, Rinoa, Dagger, and Yuna all look like they could be sisters.

Tifa looks like a mouse, Rinoa has the looks of a J-POP Singer, Dagger reminds me of a whining child and Yuna...well, she's far too normal. In my opinion, they all look totally different.

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2004, 02:47 PM
I dont think Tifa looks anything like the other girls. They all look different.

Anyway, I love Tifa. I think she was great. She was strong enough to take care of herself, but also kind and caring towards her friends. She wasnt shy, but she didnt throw all her feelings out either. She was smart, too. Most especially in the way she worked on getting Cloud to remember his true self without sending him reeling. She did it all very subtly. She was a bit of a brat when she was younger, but overall she's pretty darn cool.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Anyway, I love Tifa. I think she was great. She was strong enough to take care of herself, but also kind and caring towards her friends. She wasnt shy, but she didnt throw all her feelings out either. She was smart, too. Most especially in the way she worked on getting Cloud to remember his true self without sending him reeling. She did it all very subtly. She was a bit of a brat when she was younger, but overall she's pretty darn cool.

EtherealShadow
05-26-2004, 04:56 PM
I didn't like her at first, probably because I was annoyed with her for being all offended when Aeris and Cloud were together. But once we got out of Midgar, I started liking her a lot more. She's an excellent fighter and seemed like a different, more mature person outside of the city walls. :)

Ultima Shadow
05-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Tifa rocks!!!!! :rock:

zacks_clone
05-26-2004, 10:40 PM
I didn't like her at first, probably because I was annoyed with her for being all offended when Aeris and Cloud were together. But once we got out of Midgar, I started liking her a lot more. She's an excellent fighter and seemed like a different, more mature person outside of the city walls. :)

Agreed. Aeris seemed really warm and loveable and happy(maybe it was the dress) all over.And she was. Her appearance and attire was soft and innocent. Tifa was wearing a sleavles belly-shirt and a minishirt(which today everyone, isnt as "mini" as you may think)She was shy it seemed, but you knew she couldnt be to shy because she did run a bar.

I liked Tifa though. She was the more realist of the fe-males. I think people only stick her with Vincent because of the hair and eyes. Vincent is cold. VERY cold and silent and loves Lucretia, despite her state and choice of husband. Tifa is warm, once she gets over her emotional problumes(showing people how she feels) and kind and in love with Cloud. I dont like the TifaXvincent people(nor YuffeXvincent or aerisXvincent or TifaX anyone other then cloud). I didnt like her the first time I played the game, though. I prefered the happy natured Aeris,cause tifa reminded me of (we probably all have heard this) slut. It was the bar and skirt that got to me. Second playthough Aeris was waaaayyy to happy. So,i still like tifa

FFFFsephychibi
05-26-2004, 11:52 PM
I still hate her.

She's very fun to make fun of tho. Like in that cut scene when WEAPON(S) appeared when she fell back and Barret attempted to catch her on the ship... lol

When she fell back, her boobs are so big and bouncy, i thought they would have flopped right off.

hehehehehehhe..... i still think Tifa and Vincent make a good couple! :love:

DIE TIFA!!! sorry my rant is over...

SomethingBig
05-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Yeah, what's so bad about Tifa? I enjoyed her scenes with Cloud.

"oh Cloud dont u remember the promise we made, BACK THEN??"
Don't you remember what Cloud promised to do for her? He promised that he'd protect her in her time of need. What would you do if your boyfriend made that promise to you and, when you were in danger and someone else saved you and you asked your boyfriend why he wasn't the one to save her, he just said, "Oh, I forgot,"? Also, after the whole Sephiroth-going-insane scene, it's no surprise that she asked that.

PS - I don't remember Tifa's breasts bouncing a lot. The only time they ever bounced was when they escaped from the Shinra building.

The Magus
05-27-2004, 02:13 AM
I didn't like her. Unfortunately, that miniskirt made her look like a prostitute.

:D

Whats wrong with prostitutes? ;)

Imperia
05-27-2004, 05:29 PM
DIE TIFA!!! sorry my rant is over...

You can't make her die, she's not your character :rolleyes2 ...

I like Tifa better than Aeris. I strongly disagree with those who say she's annoying, clingy, and is a "slut." I wish people would just get over her skirt and her body. The artists made her that way remember? She's not a horrible person. She and Aeris are both brave, strong, and sweet.

Jolts
05-27-2004, 07:26 PM
I just don't like her boobs. Oh, and that her legs are twice as long as her torso (in the hand-drawn pictures). Other than those, I have to real problem with her. Now, Caith Sith, oh I really hate that traitor!

SomethingBig
05-27-2004, 11:33 PM
You can't make her die, she's not your character :rolleyes2 ...

I like Tifa better than Aeris. I strongly disagree with those who say she's annoying, clingy, and is a "slut." I wish people would just get over her skirt and her body. The artists made her that way remember? She's not a horrible person. She and Aeris are both brave, strong, and sweet.

Honestly, go complain about Lulu or something.

FFFFsephychibi
05-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Fine.... Lulu is cool! YES SHE IS!!!

and yuna is annoying!! even tho her and Tidus make a cute couple.....

rikku is awesome! MEWAH! DONT GET MAD GET GLAD! :D

Rainecloud
05-28-2004, 07:33 AM
I strongly disagree with those who say she's annoying, clingy, and is a "slut." I wish people would just get over her skirt and her body.

Alright then. :p

In terms of "Personality" (If I can apply that word to a computer game character), I liked her. Although her gigantic breasts and ridiculously short skirt annoyed me, I enjoyed watching her interact with Cloud, especially toward the end of disk 2. I also enjoyed her escape from the prison in Junon and the slapping contest involving her and Scarlett.

SomethingBig
05-29-2004, 01:33 AM
Seriously, she was a nice break from the perpetually depressed female lead roles from the previous FF's. Lulu's personality was decent, I suppose, but she wore more revealing clothing and had bigger breasts. He breasts jiggled much more than Tifa's as well. Lulu was a female dog for the majority of the game.

FFFFsephychibi
05-29-2004, 03:57 AM
i just found Lulu to be alot more responsible, and mature than Tifa......

Tifa was just tooo much, and not to mention Lulu wasnt fighting with Yuna over Tidus......

Like Aeris and Tifa..... anywayz.... Tifa really got annoying throughout half the game, cuz she was mentioning about her 'past' with cloud, who doesnt even like her like that.....

it's my opinion, i just dont like her, she was toooo lost in her self and wat she felt was only about her and cloud, and her and cloud! etc.....

im glad she helped cloud and all! BUT SOMETIMES SHE WAS JUST TO MUCH! she was grrrrrrrr........ dont listen to me.... she was okay at times......

and times i just wanted to shoot her...... but no..... she's a really good fighter, but i dont like her..... and i never will..... im with the cleris pairing all the way!

GOOOOO CLERIS!!!! (um aka CloudxAeris) cute couple!!

i mean Tifa is just a little bit to big... u know Cloud has a small body frame (5"7') and he looks better with aeris, cuz she has a small body frame too.

Tifa's a big girl and she needs a big man (im not talking perverted)

so yeah! UM... LIKE I SAID.. dont listen to me.... my opinion!

TheAbominatrix
05-29-2004, 11:24 AM
The reason Tifa kept mention the past to Cloud is because she was trying to straighten out his memories. His mind was so messed up, and he'd gotten his memories so convoluted with Zack's, he didnt know who he truly was. Tifa's constant references are subtle ways to bring him around, rather than saying "Hey, that didnt happen" and shattering Cloud's fragile psyche. She was very responsible with that, and she was pretty much the only person alive who knew the truth and could help Cloud. That's a big responsiblity.

And as for Cloud 'not liking her like that', that's your opinion, not fact. It's not concrete as to who Cloud had feelings for and how. He cared deeply both for Tifa and Aerith, but as to who he was in love with, that's all up for grabs.

And Tifa never fought with Aerith over Cloud. She got annoyed when Aerith would be so overt in her feelings for Cloud (which I found a rather mean thing to do, what with her knowing how Tifa felt) but she never fought for his attention. Aerith was the one who tried to catch his attention more often, for example on the bridge on the way to Barret's hometown, if you don't have Aerith in your party, she makes a very big attempt to get Cloud's attention.

Imperia
05-29-2004, 01:56 PM
i just found Lulu to be alot more responsible, and mature than Tifa......

Tifa was just tooo much, and not to mention Lulu wasnt fighting with Yuna over Tidus......

Like Aeris and Tifa..... anywayz.... Tifa really got annoying throughout half the game, cuz she was mentioning about her 'past' with cloud, who doesnt even like her like that.....

it's my opinion, i just dont like her, she was toooo lost in her self and wat she felt was only about her and cloud, and her and cloud! etc.....

im glad she helped cloud and all! BUT SOMETIMES SHE WAS JUST TO MUCH! she was grrrrrrrr........ dont listen to me.... she was okay at times......

and times i just wanted to shoot her...... but no..... she's a really good fighter, but i dont like her..... and i never will..... im with the cleris pairing all the way!

GOOOOO CLERIS!!!! (um aka CloudxAeris) cute couple!!

i mean Tifa is just a little bit to big... u know Cloud has a small body frame (5"7') and he looks better with aeris, cuz she has a small body frame too.

Tifa's a big girl and she needs a big man (im not talking perverted)

so yeah! UM... LIKE I SAID.. dont listen to me.... my opinion!

It's your opinion, yes, but you don't have to take this whole thing about Tifa too hard. She's only a character; and so are Cloud and Aeris. Getting upset over things like a video game love triangle is a little silly. I mean no disrespect, but it really is silly.

Maxico
05-29-2004, 02:43 PM
have you noticed that all the main female characters are brunettes. I hadn't noticed this before but I have never seen a leading female final fantasy (wow thats a mouthful) character with blond, red or ginger hair. Thats probably why they all look similar.

Jolts
05-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Terra, from FFVI, had green hair.

HanaKirei
05-29-2004, 07:43 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Tifa's outfit, no, I wasn't exactly fond of, but I don't judge characters by what they wear. What did bother me about her was how her personality felt like a cardboard cut-out. Which is just my own personal opinion and interpretation. There just wasn't really anything about her that stuck with me, unlike Aeris and Yuffie.

Couple that with the fact that I've had some bad experiences with avid Tifa lovers/Aeris bashers, and yeah...that made me just a wee bit bitter, I guess you could say. ^^;

Rye
05-29-2004, 09:22 PM
I haven't gotten too far into FFVII yet, but in my opinion: Tifa > Aeris. But then again, they are like total opposites of each other. Aeris has this lame innocent prude "omg lets wear this pink down to my ankles dress and sell flowers" personality. Tifa has a tougher personality and wears a lot less clothes. Her clothes weren't even that bad, but daaamn, Square made her boobs too big. They just do not look natural on her, but it's only a game. Tifa seemed like she could take care of herself and she didn't constantly cling to Cloud like Aeris did.

HanaKirei
05-29-2004, 10:08 PM
I haven't gotten too far into FFVII yet, but in my opinion: Tifa > Aeris. But then again, they are like total opposites of each other. Aeris has this lame innocent prude "omg lets wear this pink down to my ankles dress and sell flowers" personality. Tifa has a tougher personality and wears a lot less clothes. Her clothes weren't even that bad, but daaamn, Square made her boobs too big. They just do not look natural on her, but it's only a game. Tifa seemed like she could take care of herself and she didn't constantly cling to Cloud like Aeris did.

Am I only of the only FFVII fans who thought Tifa was more clingy than Aeris? o.o Not to say either one of them were, but if it came down to having to label one as 'clingy'...

*runs off before she is shot*

FFFFsephychibi
05-29-2004, 10:15 PM
im not getting upset over it..... i could really care less right now who gets cloud...

i was just expressing my feelings and what i thought, earlier.....

i just personally think cloud and aeris make a better couple and why i think tifa shouldn't be with him....

so lets just end it.....

Rye
05-30-2004, 02:53 AM
Am I only of the only FFVII fans who thought Tifa was more clingy than Aeris? o.o Not to say either one of them were, but if it came down to having to label one as 'clingy'...

*runs off before she is shot*

I dunno, maybe it's because I only just got past golden saucer and that I only play a bit every few months, but every minute of the game Aeris seemed like "Oh, CLOUD. Please lets talk. Oh, CLOUD. Please ignore Barret being depressed because everyone in his hometown hates him and pay attention to ME!" Tifa just seemed more like relaxed around him. But as I said, maybe it's different later in the game.

TheAbominatrix
05-30-2004, 02:56 AM
I dunno, maybe it's because I only just got past golden saucer and that I only play a bit every few months, but every minute of the game Aeris seemed like "Oh, CLOUD. Please lets talk. Oh, CLOUD. Please ignore Barret being depressed because everyone in his hometown hates him and pay attention to ME!" Tifa just seemed more like relaxed around him. But as I said, maybe it's different later in the game.

Agreed.

HanaKirei
05-30-2004, 03:34 AM

When it came to Barret, I think I understand her reasoning. I mean, your friend's seriously upset, which do you do; talk to them about it when they seem like they wouldn't want to, or try and take their minds off it?

That was just how I saw it, anyway. I'm not saying either of them are really clingy, because I honestly think neither of them are. But if it came down to the more needy of the two, I'd still have to say Tifa. But again, that's just how I see it. *runs, again*

~Tenderness~
05-30-2004, 12:55 PM
When it came to Barret, I think I understand her reasoning. I mean, your friend's seriously upset, which do you do; talk to them about it when they seem like they wouldn't want to, or try and take their minds off it?

~ I have to agree. Aeris wasn't being completely self centred during that scene, she was trying to help Barret.

As for the subject at hand I like Tifa, I think she's a good character and I find her useful in battles, she can be mean at times but her overall kindness makes up for that. I do think that's she's just as clingy as Aeris though, not that I think that's a bad thing, I don't really like to use the word clingy because I saw it more as them being friendly and taking an interest in Cloud because they cared, and people often refer to Aeris as a damsel because she has to be rescued when Tifa is just as much as one since she has to be rescued as much as Aeris does, not that I think that's a bad thing either :)~