PDA

View Full Version : Why UPS sucks.

Dingo Jellybean
05-26-2004, 09:45 PM
I WILL NEVER SHIP VIA UPS EVER, even if my life depended on it.

They charged $12 to ship a 10oz package that takes a week to get there. I don't know what I was thinking, I should've just scooted my ass over to the post office.

I went over to the post office, and sent a similar package through first class mail that cost about $2 and would arrive in 3 days.

So yeah, as an eBay seller, I will NEVER ship via UPS again. No wonder why there was no one in the UPS store. Dammit.

Kirobaito
05-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Maybe they charge you more because you're such a horrible eBay buyer. :p

I dunno. I've never sent anything by UPS, but I've received several things. It may be expensive but I know a way to get rid of all of your worries. Simply answer this question:

"What can BROWN do for you?"

Dingo Jellybean
05-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Maybe they charge you more because you're such a horrible eBay buyer. :p

I dunno. I've never sent anything by UPS, but I've received several things. It may be expensive but I know a way to get rid of all of your worries. Simply answer this question:

I have been meaning to test out my new bat.

zacks_clone
05-26-2004, 10:45 PM
I have been meaning to test out my new bat.

now now now

hehe,the only thing that makes UPS great is Dale Jarret (and thats the only reson I like UPS.Sad. ). I havent shiped anything through UPS though. Maybe i should.

crono_logical
05-27-2004, 01:07 AM
On the other hand, Uninterruptable Power Supplies are great :D

The Captain
05-27-2004, 01:09 AM

Why, overcharge you of course! Honestly, UPS has become very overrated in my opinion.

Take care all.

LH
05-27-2004, 05:06 AM
Post office sucks too. I paid $20 for quick shipping on an item that was shipped on the 11th.

metCloud
05-27-2004, 05:49 PM
I dont usually ship stuff but when I order somthing I know im much happier when it is FedEx'd...Much faster and cheaper.

Rainecloud
05-27-2004, 06:19 PM
You people are fortunate, the Post Office in Britain is in a total mess. Packages are being lost all over the place, Postmen are rooting through the mail for cash, the prices are increasing all the time and the business is constantly losing money. Yes - even after the price increases.

:(

LH
05-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Post office sucks too. I paid $20 for quick shipping on an item that was shipped on the 11th.

And I left out the important bit of information; that I haven't received the item yet.

Dingo Jellybean
05-27-2004, 06:58 PM
UPS says they guarantee delivery and insure every package for $100, but I can go to the post office and insure the package for $1.30 extra.

UPS is so overated, I even hate their commercials. No wonder why airliners lined up to get the lucrative contract of sending out mail to the Post Office rather than UPS.

Endless
05-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Together, the us postal services and the us air parcel managed to take 5 months to deliver a package from my inlaws (from the US) to us (France). The package was first mishipped by parcel and sent to (we learnt it later) Florida or Texas. It was shipped back (three moths after being posted, mind you) to my inlaws who then went us postal, who took over two months to ship it to us. In that package were our Christmas presents and Christmas decorations. Yay for opening Xmas presents in MAY.
So, I think that in our case, we'll go FedEx or UPS but not usps/airparcel anymore, because they just can't seem to ship a package in due time (should have been 2-3 weeks, not 5 months).

Masami
05-27-2004, 09:25 PM
I don't trust UPS. When I ordered my last computer it came in parts through UPS. One of the days I wasn't there when they delivered, I believe it was when my speakers and monitor were dropped off, and they left them on my porch... Brand new speakers and a monitor left for any lucky person to find. Grr, that ticked me off.

Shlup
05-27-2004, 09:47 PM
I just shipped a 4lbs package via FedEx for $4 and it'll probably get there within two days. I made an online account so I can print the shipping labels from home and just put the package in a drop box.