PDA

View Full Version : Series finale of Angel

SomethingBig
05-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Yeah, it's a bit late. I saw it last week and was actually quite disappointed. It ended way too abruptly. They should've made it a 2 hour season finale. I want to know what happens to the crew, darnit! :frust:

Anaralia
05-27-2004, 01:25 AM
I liked the way it ended. It couldn't have possibly ended any other way, because the premise of the show is that Angel and the MoG fight the good fight, even when they can't win. And in the end, they die fighting, because that's the way they wanted it to be. There couldn't have been a happy ending like with Buffy, where they can say, "Oh yay, we won, let's go to the mall!"

Wow, I watch too much television.

Germ Hamee
05-27-2004, 07:45 AM
I'm a bit behind on the series, due to losing my television for awhile, so I missed it. But I cannot express how horribly disappointed I am that the show was cancelled. It was without a doubt one of the best. It even further disappoints me when new quality shows, like Wonderfalls or Firefly are cancelled without a chance. ;_; They're robbing me of reasons to watch TV!

chichi
06-12-2004, 09:27 AM
I'm from Australia and the Angel finale hasn't been shown here yet (we're slowly winding up to it!). But....I want to know what happens! I assume from Anaralias post that all the main characters die? Anyone?

SeeDRankLou
06-12-2004, 11:02 AM
You see one of the characters die. But you kind of assume that the rest are about to die in about two mintues after the finale ends (well, Illyria may have lasted another two mintues). At the very end, they are in a fight with a fleet of the nastiest monsters Wolfram & Hart could muster, so you just assume that they aren't going to win, which is what they expected would happen. But, should UPN decide to continue Angel as they did with Buffy, there is a place to pick up from. (And I haven't heard anything about UPN even considering this, I'm just saying)

Spiritus Sancti
06-12-2004, 08:03 PM
I think it ended abruptly too, it's like the whole series you were thinkin so who's the bad guy? Then in the last 2 episodes its...Okay guys i'm evil..wait no i'm not we are gonna kill every member of a secret organisation which will probably get us killed..and i'm sure that Angel gave that Dragon alot of heartburn and indigestion!

gokufusionss1
06-12-2004, 10:38 PM
anyone notice angel was smiling even tough he was going to die..... reason he was redemed finaly after 100 years of toiling and pain for what he'd done he had finaly felt that he paid his debt. i felt this gave the show a perfect ending.

Spiritus Sancti
06-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too, and I think the remark that he makes about the dragon also shows his happiness.