PDA

View Full Version : Preinstalled Exspanison?

BooG
05-27-2004, 01:04 AM
Ok, I just bought FFXI with the HDD, and stupidly I tried to install FFXI on it, and it erased all the game data, will I be able to restore my exspansion game? Do I need to format the HDD, or jsut go through with the installation? or am s.o.l? :confused:

Baloki
05-27-2004, 06:06 PM
I'm assuming this is for the PS2?

If it is go back to the shop and complain theres no expansion pack on it but don't tell them you installed over it and they should replace it.

Either that or the PS2 version already has it pre-built in due to it being released way after the expansion was released, you'd have to check that on http://www.playonline.com

BooG
05-28-2004, 05:39 AM
Ok, ty, btw it worked. In case this ever comes up again, just tell them to 'Re- Install'. I have another question, I'm not sure if I should post it here or where everyone can see it. So, I'll do both, sorry if it seems spammy, lol....

I live in Ohio USA, and my friend lives in Florida USA(not sure if that makes a difference), and we both have PS2 versions of FFXI(sorry for not clarifing that on my first post... :( ..) We play but are not connected to the same server or something. :( Is there any way to change that, someone online said something about a world map, which involved, buying a world map, getting a password from it, and ahving my friend start a NEW character with the password I give him from the world map, lol, sounds strange eh? Any ideas?

crono_logical
05-28-2004, 08:33 AM
Try looking in the FFXI forum here for the answer to that one :p

Baloki
05-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Ok, ty, btw it worked. In case this ever comes up again, just tell them to 'Re- Install'. I have another question, I'm not sure if I should post it here or where everyone can see it. So, I'll do both, sorry if it seems spammy, lol....

I live in Ohio USA, and my friend lives in Florida USA(not sure if that makes a difference), and we both have PS2 versions of FFXI(sorry for not clarifing that on my first post... :( ..) We play but are not connected to the same server or something. :( Is there any way to change that, someone online said something about a world map, which involved, buying a world map, getting a password from it, and ahving my friend start a NEW character with the password I give him from the world map, lol, sounds strange eh? Any ideas?

There be a person in San D'Ora who will sell you a world pass for 1000 gil and then you get your friend to put it in when signing up or somthing. Theres a start, as Archie said try the FF XI forums :D